Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2071 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Today, I received my Mac mini and I didn't get the DVI to VGA adapter that I needed for my small LCD Monitor (they shipped me a mini-DVI to DVI adapter)..

So, I just connected it to my PRO-141FD (DVI to DVI). I don't even use my HTPC on my 141.

One thing I noticed, in OS X 10.5 under System Preferences/Displays, the 141 comes up as: KRP-500M/600M

Interesting.. looks like they didn't change the ID for the Signatures...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me with your Display & City

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xortam View Post

Thanks for the info. I just tried this on my 141 and it works fine.

It doesn't do much good (trying Posted Settings or doing a calibration)...

And, you will notice it loses settings at times since the password has not been used.

ControlCAL™

post #2073 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So let me get this straight.

If you do get into the ISF mode via the web browser there is now way to even use the Pro Cinema adjustments? What is the default then "off"?

A third party software is a must in order to change and/or activate all settings in the display?

I have 1 question. Why?
post #2074 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Historically, it wasn't meant for you to have access.... this changed last year with the development of ControlCAL and agreement. Now, you do have that option.

I do understand your frustrations, but you at least have the option available now (you didn't a year ago+, well, unless you wanted to pay $3500)..

ControlCAL™

post #2075 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

At long last, my new Signature PRO-101FD will arrive tomorrow morning. I got an added bonus surprise when the DirecTV installers called to move my HD upgrade installation date to next Monday, as opposed to January 22.

I ordered through Roman, and thanks to the holidays, things have been slow moving across the country, but the day is almost here. Roman has been great to deal with so far. Hopefully, there will be no drama, so I won't have to find out how great he is to deal with later on.

I was planning on running either the break-in DVD a bit, but these sets do claim to be broken-in prior to shipping, so I don't think that I am going to spend too much time on that.

Other than that, any advice for me? I will be mounting it on a corner stand that has a built-in mount for a flat-panel. It is already assembled. I don't know which screws, etc. to use, since the instructions merely say that the hardware used will vary amongst various sets. Can anyone point me to the information for what size screws are used to mount the 101? Are there any particular gotchas in the mounting process? I assume that it will be somewhat easier, since I am not mounting it to the wall. Thanks in advance.
post #2076 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

Historically, it wasn't meant for you to have access.... this changed last year with the development of ControlCAL and agreement (details I won't discuss) . Now, you do have that option.

And thank you for that! Since you are hanging around this thread, I was wondering two things. It seems like there is a lot of mention of the various Kuros on the ControlCal forums, but the 101 doesn't come up a lot. Is there a best place to look for 101 specific info?

Also, with regard to the serial connection stuff, I have two related questions. I have an old laptop that I am intending to get rid of. It is an 800 MHz beast. Is performance very important to ControlCal, or is that adequate?

Second, I have a much newer laptop that lacks a serial port. For clutter and simplicity reasons as much as anything, I'd rather not get one of those USB/serial adapters, so when might this network-enabled version come about? If you want to keep it low-profile, feel free to PM me.

Thanks again for this tool.
post #2077 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't know anyone that had a 101, until now..

Perhaps you will be diving in and going the DIY Calibration route?

ControlCAL doesn't take many resources at all.... no date on Winsock (Network) support yet....

Your welcome and thank you for posting that

ControlCAL™

post #2078 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Historically, it wasn't meant for you to have access.... this changed last year with the development of ControlCAL and agreement. Now, you do have that option.

I do understand your frustrations, but you at least have the option available now (you didn't a year ago+, well, unless you wanted to pay $3500)..

and your software is a great option and bargain. No question. You have to admit though that I bought an own the display and limiting options to adjustments I want to make is not reasonable. This is my only gripe with this display and its not a small one.

Looking forward to you next controlcal version, but it still doesnt change the fact the removing or not allowing important adjustments in the ISF mode via the web current web interface renders it ...well...useless.
post #2079 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Liked: 11
ncfoster good to hear! Let us know
post #2080 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfoster View Post

I was planning on running either the break-in DVD a bit, but these sets do claim to be broken-in prior to shipping

Where does it say that?
post #2081 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcfan View Post

Where does it say that?

its been confirmed by various pioneer reps to many different people (myself included) that they (signature series) get 100 hours of break in.
post #2082 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcfan View Post

Where does it say that?

It is in the first page of this thread, but I believe that I have seen it somewhere more official. Maybe in those certificates that come with the Signatures? Sorry, but I don't have the dedication to find it right now. I'm willing to be proven wrong.
post #2083 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfoster View Post

It is in the first page of this thread, but I believe that I have seen it somewhere more official. Maybe in those certificates that come with the Signatures? Sorry, but I don't have the dedication to find it right now. I'm willing to be proven wrong.

I have seen it as well BUT I would still break in some more
post #2084 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

good for you for getting your 141 hooked up to your network correctly. You are correct in that the setup is not user friendly. During your break in period it is very useful to send yourself test emails in order to see the total hours.

After you are done I would suggest setting it to send you an email update every 500 hours or so. I think the feature of the email after break in period and beyond the cool factor will most come in handy for any warranty issue.

If your comp is close to your display you may find it easier to make changes to AV selection and screen size via the web browser rather then remote. I find it faster and less annoying to cycle through selections via the remote.

Enjoy your new display and please post some pics.

thanks, i will post some pics as soon as I clean up the room
BTW any reason why temp1 is always blank?
post #2085 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobp View Post

When using Internet Explorer, the browser crashes when I enter the password. When using Safari (Mac) or Firefox (Mac), the browser does not crash, but the settings are not saved.

I had the same issue, but i tried to open it using firefox to login, it works but the screen is messed up, so i copied and pasted the url in the address bar and put it into explorer, that seem to have fixed it for me.
post #2086 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHolland View Post

I picked up a new 141 and needed to order a bracket since my in place Peerless SmartMount SF660 Universal Flat Mount apparently doesn't fit and I'll need it to mount the old Plasma in a new room with it anyway.

Would I cause any problem if I tested the Monitor out while leaving it in the base of the shipping box with just the bottom Styrofoam packing? I'd like to start breaking it in over the weekend. The new bracket arrives on the 6th.

Thank you.

George

I used the sanus vmpl3 which comes with both low profile and standard bracket. I ended up using lowprofile and it is very close to the wall but still enough to slip your hand behind it to plug in the hdmi cables.
post #2087 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It doesn't do much good (trying Posted Settings or doing a calibration)...

And, you will notice it loses settings at times since the password has not been used.

I didn't get that far as I wanted to document the factory settings before I changed anything. It looks like for now I'll need your ap for that.

I've now gotten past 250 hours of break-in time including some accelerated break-in using the "AVS approved Kuro break-in procedure." I've been busy just enjoying my set and clearing out a back log of movies and shows that we finally had time to watch. It's now time to get serious with adjusting the settings so I'll start with ControlCal and some of the posted settings and then I'll get one of the pros in here and set everything optimally.

BTW turbe did Pioneer dictate to you how they want their interface used or are you free to expose it in any manner you choose? Has Pioneer provided application support for this Kuro IP control interface to any other developers?

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #2088 of 5275 Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:

and your software is a great option and bargain. No question. You have to admit though that I bought an own the display and limiting options to adjustments I want to make is not reasonable. This is my only gripe with this display and its not a small one.

Well welcome to Pioneer.
The 8G Kuro elite's , you didn't even have the option to use the ISFccc interface that came with the 8G elite's. Thanks to Turbe now we do. If you read some comments from some of the ISF calibrators on the 8G thread, they said that using the ISF mode caused more problems that using the ISF modes helped. However as we know now that's not the case.
And if you owned a pio BD-05/51 you would be really mad at Pioneer.
However the 9G kuro's were not realest in a bata stage as the BD-05/51 was, and imo still is after being out for over 6 months.

"Don't worry be happy"

post #2089 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 08:37 AM

Hello

I am having video dropout from time to time because of the HDMI connection on INPUT 5 of the Pro-141FD. Do any of you have the same problem. The vertical insertion input probably plays a role here. So, when this happens, just the slightest movement and the picture returns. I really hope it's not the actual input on the monitor. Perhaps a really light weighted HDMI would be better, or using another input. Any suggestions on a different cable and is this happening to you as well? Thanks. Dave.
post #2090 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenuity1996 View Post

I had the same issue, but i tried to open it using firefox to login, it works but the screen is messed up, so i copied and pasted the url in the address bar and put it into explorer, that seem to have fixed it for me.

Have you been able to get the unit to send you an email?

Jacob P.
post #2091 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks0 View Post

Hello

I am having video dropout from time to time because of the HDMI connection on INPUT 5 of the Pro-141FD. Do any of you have the same problem. The vertical insertion input probably plays a role here. So, when this happens, just the slightest movement and the picture returns. I really hope it's not the actual input on the monitor. Perhaps a really light weighted HDMI would be better, or using another input. Any suggestions on a different cable and is this happening to you as well? Thanks. Dave.

port savers save the day

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #2092 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 PM

What made you guys choose the 101 over the 111 ? , or the 141 over the 151?
post #2093 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

What made you guys choose the 101 over the 111 ? , or the 141 over the 151?

I chose the 141 over 151, because I have never needed or wanted a tuner or speakers with my plasma. The end result was getting a thinner display for the same price.

I also wanted the 141 over the 151 because of the web server abilities.

HDMI connectors which point down rather then point back have also helped using a lower profile all mount.
post #2094 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:

I chose the 141 over 151, because I have never needed or wanted a tuner or speakers with my plasma. The end result was getting a thinner display for the same price.

I also wanted the 141 over the 151 because of the web server abilities.

HDMI connectors which point down rather then point back have also helped using a lower profile all mount.

What is the web server ability? and what do you need to use it?
post #2095 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

What is the web server ability? and what do you need to use it?

Check page 65 in the 141's Owner's Manual....

ControlCAL™

post #2096 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes, definitely--thinner, doesn't have stuff in it I don't need, uses less power, runs a bit cooler.

It's rumored to have better parts or at least better attention paid to it over the 151. I can't say if that's true or not. I can say that it doesn't buzz, has no dead/stuck/weird pixels, and looks fantastic.
post #2097 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk20 View Post

I can say that it doesn't buzz, has no dead/stuck/weird pixels, and looks fantastic.

+1

For me the hand picked parts has amounted to all I could want and more. No buzz, no blotches, no dead pixels. My display is 100% perfect
post #2098 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:

+1

For me the hand picked parts has amounted to all I could want and more. No buzz, no blotches, no dead pixels. My display is 100% perfect

+1 here too. No buzz, no dead pixels, beautiful picture, simply awaiting calibration for perfection... Which, by the way, is tomorrow evening at 7pm Pacific Time....
post #2099 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy11 View Post

+1 here too. No buzz, no dead pixels, beautiful picture, simply awaiting calibration for perfection... Which, by the way, is tomorrow evening at 7pm Pacific Time....

+1 here also.
post #2100 of 5275 Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Calibration is at the end of this month. We're close to having enough break-in hours on it now.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page