The Official Panasonic TH-65PZ850U Owner's Discussion & Information Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 511 Old 04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hey Chris, do you have any update on the availability of the P65V10 ? August was mentioned last January but it looks some models are coming few weeks before.

Thanks

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 511 Old 04-10-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,148
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
August or september.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #363 of 511 Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Eric Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Downers Grove IL
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been looking to replace my 70" Hitachi rear projection LCD and really like the looks of this set that I have seen in stores. I'm have also been looking at the 60" Kuro's but not sure if I will end up regretting dropping down a full 10" in size after years of the bigger screen plus from seeing them side by side I can't really see that much of a difference in pictures.

Are these getting harder to find like the Kuro's are? My local Best Buy has a 151 in stock and quoted me 2 weeks for delivery of this set but I was hoping to sell my old one before bringing in a new one. Just trying to figure out how itchy my trigger finger needs to be
Eric Porter is offline  
post #364 of 511 Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DOBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lat:38:46:28N Long: 121:35:50W
Posts: 2,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As far as I know they're not getting harder to find. I spent 2 years trying to decide whether to buy the 60" Pioneer Elite or the 65" Panny. When the 850 series was released, I bought the 65".

I've never regretted it. I have a very critical eye and if there was a big difference in PQ, I would have dropped down 5". Both sets have their advantages and disadvantages; however, with ambient lighting, I give the nod to the Panny. It doesn't seems like a big difference but the size difference is noticeable. I think the screen size is 17% larger with the 65".

Again, in my opinion, once the screen size and PQ of the two sets are weighed -- the balance favors the Panny.

If you drop from 70" to 60", the size difference will be very noticeable. Obviously, the difference will be less noticeable if you go with the 65".
DOBE is offline  
post #365 of 511 Old 04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Porter View Post

I was hoping to sell my old one before bringing in a new one.

Do you think you can find a buyer for a 70" DLP ? I will be replacing my Mitsubishi 73927 when the new P65V10 arrives but I'm not sure if I can sell it at any price . Shipping will be expensive and I guess Ebay is not an option. Any suggestions ?

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
post #366 of 511 Old 04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Member
 
Eric Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Downers Grove IL
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Do you think you can find a buyer for a 70" DLP ? I will be replacing my Mitsubishi 73927 when the new P65V10 arrives but I'm not sure if I can sell it at any price . Shipping will be expensive and I guess Ebay is not an option. Any suggestions ?

I sold my last RPTV which was a 60" on ebay a few years back so I am going to give it a shot again. I put the Hitachi up on craigslist and may try ebay as well if I don't get any bites over there. Shipping would be an issue so you have to specify that it is a local pickup only.

I do have a spare room I can move this to but would rather get it out before getting a new one. It's really a great TV but the silk screen effect on whites has been bothering me enough lately that I am getting drawn to the plasma.
Eric Porter is offline  
post #367 of 511 Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Member
 
nymjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBE View Post

As far as I know they're not getting harder to find. I spent 2 years trying to decide whether to buy the 60" Pioneer Elite or the 65" Panny. When the 850 series was released, I bought the 65".

I've never regretted it. I have a very critical eye and if there was a big difference in PQ, I would have dropped down 5". Both sets have their advantages and disadvantages; however, with ambient lighting, I give the nod to the Panny. It doesn't seems like a big difference but the size difference is noticeable. I think the screen size is 17% larger with the 65".

Again, in my opinion, once the screen size and PQ of the two sets are weighed -- the balance favors the Panny.

If you drop from 70" to 60", the size difference will be very noticeable. Obviously, the difference will be less noticeable if you go with the 65".

I can tell you my experience: I traded in a 73" Mitsu RPTV (735 series, I believe) for the Panny 65" 850 series. There is a significant difference in the size, both screen real estate and the impact it has on the room (this, of course, is dependent on the unique characteristics of each room).
Additionally, the design flexibility one has with a flat screen as opposed to a RPTV is many faceted -- we decided to built a wall unit and "float" the screen. It is a much more contemporary feel than what we would have had to design for the Mitsu.
And DO NOT minimize the WAF. Mine, for one is much happier with me these days, which has many, many benefits.
nymjk is offline  
post #368 of 511 Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Member
 
Eric Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Downers Grove IL
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was up at Abt yesterday to get a closer look at this set and the one set they had that was calibrated looked amazing. However, after talking to two different salesmen there they were trying very hard to steer me towards and Samsung PN63B550. It's only two inches smaller but over 1000.00 cheaper plus it includes a stand which the Panny doesn't. Has anyone had a chance to compare these two sets?
Eric Porter is offline  
post #369 of 511 Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM
 
buylongterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Porter View Post

I was up at Abt yesterday to get a closer look at this set and the one set they had that was calibrated looked amazing. However, after talking to two different salesmen there they were trying very hard to steer me towards and Samsung PN63B550. It's only two inches smaller but over 1000.00 cheaper plus it includes a stand which the Panny doesn't. Has anyone had a chance to compare these two sets?

LOL, I was at ABT yesterday as well. (That store is the best). I still favor the Panny's picture of the Sammy.
buylongterm is offline  
post #370 of 511 Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Member
 
EShapiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my DVD player connected to the 850 with an HDMI cable, and the optical audio out from the 850 looped back to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver only sees 2-channel stereo back from the 850 when I play back a DVD. When I use the TV tuner in the 850, the Yamaha sees DD 5.1 coming back to it.

Is it possible that the 850 is only capable of looping-through 2-channel stereo?
EShapiro is offline  
post #371 of 511 Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by EShapiro View Post

Is it possible that the 850 is only capable of looping-through 2-channel stereo?

Yes, only the TV tuner will output DD 5.1.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
post #372 of 511 Old 04-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Member
 
EShapiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's too bad. That means that I have to either use the receiver as a audio/video switcher, which will defeat my ability to have different picture setups for each 850 input, or I'll have to develop a macro with my remote control to simultaneously switch audio sources to the receiver and video inputs to the T.V.

The second choice also means a lot more wires.
EShapiro is offline  
post #373 of 511 Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Newbie
 
stern_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody go out and get the latest firmware update that enables your Viera Cast to access Amazon On Demand HD (and non HD, but who cares about non HD anything?!?!) movies and televison shows? I fetched the latest software and the interface is VERY nice. I registered my 850 with Amazon and I'm good to go! The prices for movies are comparable to what you'd get at Hollywood Video or Blockbuster (about $4.99 for HD new release movies). I am looking forward to seeing what the quality looks like.

Anybody give this exciting new technology a whirl yet?
stern_fan is offline  
post #374 of 511 Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Member
 
EShapiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stern_fan View Post

Anybody go out and get the latest firmware update that enables your Viera Cast to access Amazon On Demand HD (and non HD, but who cares about non HD anything?!?!) movies and televison shows? I fetched the latest software and the interface is VERY nice. I registered my 850 with Amazon and I'm good to go! The prices for movies are comparable to what you'd get at Hollywood Video or Blockbuster (about $4.99 for HD new release movies). I am looking forward to seeing what the quality looks like.

Anybody give this exciting new technology a whirl yet?

Yes...I rented YES MAN on Saturday night. (HD version, $4.99 for 24 hours. The interface is good, and the purchase process is quick and easy. It took about 20 seconds to load once I completed the purchase.

As an experiment, I tried to watch the film again on Sunday night. I was able to start the film again with 10 minutes left to go on my 24-hour rental, and it played all the way through. So, I guess I got more than my 24 hours!

Picture quality was good, but not as good as the best HD I've seen from the networks with my off-air tuner. Also, the film was interrupted once for about 10 seconds and the "loading" progress bar re-appeared. I don't know whether this was a result of my provider (Optimum Online) or Amazon's server.

The real bummer was that I was only getting 2-channel stereo audio. Apparently, that's all the TV sends through the digital optical out when using VieraCast. That to me is the deal breaker for any further use of this service for HD content.
EShapiro is offline  
post #375 of 511 Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I really don't get why I should pay 5 bucks for a movie released more than a month ago, picture clearly worse than Bluray and only stereo sound if for 10 bucks a month a can get more than 4 Bluray new releases from Netflix.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
post #376 of 511 Old 04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
 
N1LSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

I really don't get why I should pay 5 bucks for a movie released more than a month ago, picture clearly worse than Bluray and only stereo sound if for 10 bucks a month a can get more than 4 Bluray new releases from Netflix.

I guess it's the "on demand" effect..I agree with you though, i rather just wait for netflix to ship [IMG]http://www.entertainment-place.info/smile/img/2464/*************************[/IMG]
N1LSS is offline  
post #377 of 511 Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I am not against the "on demand" idea. Actually, I think this is the future and even Netflix is moving on the same direction. Blockbuster stores will disappear very soon, IMO. What I would like to see, though:

-A fixed price, like 20 bucks a month for unlimeted downloads.
-Real Bluray quality picture. 1080P.
-HD audio (DTS-HD and TrueHD). It would require a new STB. Dolby Digital 5.1 would be fine if replacing receivers/STB too expensive.
-New releases on the same day as Blockbuster/Netflix.
-End of the ridiculous 24 hours limit.

Some other things must happen before we can have all of the above:

-High speed internet is not fast enough for 90 % of the users. We need faster DSL/cable . FIOS speed should be the minimum but I think it's not gonna happen any day soon.

-Hollywood must be more flexible and allow VOD to show the movies on the release day.


The fixed price could be done now and I think it will very soon.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
post #378 of 511 Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Newbie
 
surentechy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think instead of going for 58" better option is of 65" of Panasonic TH65PZ850U, great features as first of 65 inch big is better, Full HD (1920 X 1080P) Resolution, Digital Cinema Color Technology,4 HDMI Inputs , you can have more info at http://www.hometheaterstore.com/Pana...th65pz850u.htm

Suren D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Texas, US
surentechy is offline  
post #379 of 511 Old 05-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Member
 
nymjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone used the optical digital out? I want to run HDMI from my sources (PVR, BD, etc.) into the back of the 850U and then run an optical to the receiver. I'm hoping that, this way, I can avoid purchasing a new receiver that has HDMI switching. Thoughts?
nymjk is offline  
post #380 of 511 Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jonesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymjk View Post

Has anyone used the optical digital out? I want to run HDMI from my sources (PVR, BD, etc.) into the back of the 850U and then run an optical to the receiver. I'm hoping that, this way, I can avoid purchasing a new receiver that has HDMI switching. Thoughts?

That's what I do. Bear in mind that I am 2 channel only at this point. As are all, or most, flat panel tv's. In other words the 65/850 is a 2 channel audio device and will be sensed as such by the hdmi chip so the only thing the optical from the back of your tv will output is 2 channel sound. Ergo, no surround sound. If you are 5.1 or 7.1 the optical is not the way you want to go.
Jonesky is offline  
post #381 of 511 Old 05-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Rich B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the TY-ST65R2-WG stand will fit a commercial TH-65PF11UK?

Thanks!

Rich B.
Rich B is offline  
post #382 of 511 Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami area
Posts: 4,668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesky View Post

That's what I do. Bear in mind that I am 2 channel only at this point. As are all, or most, flat panel tv's. In other words the 65/850 is a 2 channel audio device and will be sensed as such by the hdmi chip so the only thing the optical from the back of your tv will output is 2 channel sound. Ergo, no surround sound. If you are 5.1 or 7.1 the optical is not the way you want to go.

It will pass DD 5.1 from the tuner only. All other sources will be stereo 2.0.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
slimoli is offline  
post #383 of 511 Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Member
 
nymjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesky View Post

That's what I do. Bear in mind that I am 2 channel only at this point. As are all, or most, flat panel tv's. In other words the 65/850 is a 2 channel audio device and will be sensed as such by the hdmi chip so the only thing the optical from the back of your tv will output is 2 channel sound. Ergo, no surround sound. If you are 5.1 or 7.1 the optical is not the way you want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

It will pass DD 5.1 from the tuner only. All other sources will be stereo 2.0.

Thank you both. That's exactly what I needed to know. Which means that I can not do what I was hoping. Damn.
nymjk is offline  
post #384 of 511 Old 05-02-2009, 09:52 PM
b19
Newbie
 
b19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I finally got my Panasonic TH-65PZ850U today. Love it. Had to take down my Panasonic TH-50PX600U off the wall (which now looks like a kids toy) and put up the big boy. A bit heavier (60 pounds) but looks awesome up on the wall. So far so good...now to tweak.

You know, I read this entire thread and a bunch of posts in the settings forum and I have not found anyone who posted thier settings or the suggested "ideal" settings for this specific plasma. With my TH-50PX600U, I found a bunch here and most were within +/- 5 and pretty consistent. On the 850U, I have seen nothing. Anyone want to post what they have for settings and if it has been calibrated. Thanks all!!!
b19 is offline  
post #385 of 511 Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Xeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all.

I'm considering biting the bullet and purchasing this panel, or wait for the 54 inch G10, or the G15 which will replace the 850s.

The G10 is about 1/2 the price and apparently has glowing reviews from various sources.

I sit 8-10 ft from the screen so a 65 would be nice but by no means necessary.

My question is this: Has anyone compared the image quality (black level, color accuracy) between the 65PZ850U and one of the G10s (perhaps 50G10)? I also note that this particular panel is not THX certified like the other 850s. Your opinions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Xeme is offline  
post #386 of 511 Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by b19 View Post

So I finally got my Panasonic TH-65PZ850U today. Love it. Had to take down my Panasonic TH-50PX600U off the wall (which now looks like a kids toy) and put up the big boy. A bit heavier (60 pounds) but looks awesome up on the wall. So far so good...now to tweak.

You know, I read this entire thread and a bunch of posts in the settings forum and I have not found anyone who posted thier settings or the suggested "ideal" settings for this specific plasma. With my TH-50PX600U, I found a bunch here and most were within +/- 5 and pretty consistent. On the 850U, I have seen nothing. Anyone want to post what they have for settings and if it has been calibrated. Thanks all!!!

There is another thread in the plasma forum called the official Panasonic 850 owners all sizes, I think it is on the second page of the plasma threads that has a lot of info concerning these displays. here are the settings I am using on my 850U that were posted by another owner:
Picture - +50
Brightness - +50
Color - +49
Tint - -5
Sharp - 50
CT - Warm
CM - Off
DCC - Off
C.A.T.S - Off

Pro Settings:

PB - Low
CE - Off
GA - Mid
BE - 0

W/B high R - +2
W/B high B - -2
W/B low R - 0
W/B low B - 0
AGC - Off

Advance Picture

All Off
Black Level - Light
24p - 60hz
HDS - 2
These settings are on the custom setting (most owners prefer this setting) after calibration but I am using them anyway until my set is calibrated this Saturday. The seem to work fine but I did tweak the basic settings (contrast, brightness etc.) a little bit to get a picture I liked right now but still have kept them under 50 since I've only had the set for about a month. This display is amazing. I was able to see this and several of the Kuros side by side at a Magnolia store here and the deciding factor for me was just how much punch there was in the 850U's picture. I've had several friends and family remark how 3D the picture looks. I've had no problems with IR or anything else but have been being careful. I love this set and glad I did my research and waited so long to get the plasma I've always wanted. Hope this settings help and I will post my new settings after the upcoming calibrations.

subavision212 is offline  
post #387 of 511 Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
here is the link to the other forum thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1039589

subavision212 is offline  
post #388 of 511 Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
b19
Newbie
 
b19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by subavision212 View Post

here is the link to the other forum thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1039589

Thanks subavision for the link and your settings. I'll give them a shot as my panny is only 1 day old I would be very interested to know how much these settings change after your calibration on Saturday. Please be sure to hit me up and post them if you don't mind. Thanks buddy!
b19 is offline  
post #389 of 511 Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Member
 
Eric Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Downers Grove IL
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has there been another price drop on these? I haven't had any luck selling my old set yet and have been keeping an eye on prices online and it looks like they are going down again at a couple of authorized dealers.
Eric Porter is offline  
post #390 of 511 Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Member
 
jlylec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I bought my 65/850 today for our new house which has a wall of built-in bookcases and an entertainment center in the middle. This TV is going to fit in the space JUST perfectly. Specifically there is an inch of space horizontally and an inch of space vertically. Tight fit! I know the owner's manual says you should have like 3.5" on each side and the top for heat dispersion, but I just don't have that luxury but didn't want to forgo the TV all together.

I'm planning on drilling holes in the shelf above the TV to let the heat rise out, but do you guys think that's enough? Any integrators out there been in this situation before?

Here are the options I can think of:

1. drill holes in the shelf above (six to eight 2" holes probably)...this would be ideal cause it's easiest.

2. install an exhaust fan in the wall behind the TV

3. slide the TV forward (on a stand obviously) until the top is just clear of the shelf above...this is probably least ideal aesthetically, but would work.

Any other ideas? Is this a big deal I should worry about? Thanks guys!
jlylec is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off