The Official Panasonic TH-65PZ850U Owner's Discussion & Information Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 584
No specs of any kind yet. ( Stand is not included again ) Now that these have hit the streets I guess it is time......

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

No specs of any kind yet. ( Stand is not included again ) Now that these have hit the streets I guess it is time......

Went by Tweeter today and they said they weren't getting them in till Oct. according to the computer. You have them in stock?
post #3 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yep.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #4 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Chris is always the first on the block to get the goods.
He must be doing something right......
post #5 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
My Magnolia got them in their warehouse and will have one in the showroom next week. Price is the MSRP, as usual.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #6 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Yep.

If you have them in stock, how about opening a box and giving us the dimensions?
post #7 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I was thinking, since I sold the 58PZ800U I hadfor 2 weeks, I may have to get one of these to test this for a while. (I wish D-Nice lived closer.)

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #8 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 PM

who'd u sell it to? did they get a good deal?
post #9 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

A close friend.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #10 of 511 Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM

I wish I could of got in on that "used" panel deal....
post #11 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 05:11 AM

Chris, you went up $50 from yesterday
post #12 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

My Magnolia got them in their warehouse and will have one in the showroom next week. Price is the MSRP, as usual.

What is the MSRP on this display? Panasonic still has not added it to their website.
post #13 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco View Post

Chris, you went up $50 from yesterday

supply and demand, it's a free market and a $5000+ display, dont sweat the $50, I'm sure if you call Chris and order it he will give you the $50 less price, right Chris

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #14 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

What is the MSRP on this display? Panasonic still has not added it to their website.

Ordered mine yesterday from Chris! CAN'T WAIT. I have not decided if I want to spring for the stand- will not be wall-mounting, but I can build furniture so I don't think creating a custom stand will be that big a deal, so I can save a good bit of money. I got the 5 yr. extended warranty, so with all my Mits DLP woes I am pretty happy about have the 6 years of coverage.

Thanks Chris- hopefully these units will start flowing out soon from your distributor.
post #15 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 01:19 PM

This might be of interest to those in this thread. Going to post it in a few of the threads for those looking for a Panny. Not sure the details on this yet.

---------

This is a bit confusing. It appears that Panasonic has released a 65PZ800 model now? I guess that would be a THX certified version that is 65"? So now there are two 65 models, the 850 and the 800, is that right?

http://www.gadgetell.com/tech/commen...-hdtv-lineups/
post #16 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnobber View Post

This is a bit confusing. It appears that Panasonic has released a 65PZ800 model now? I guess that would be a THX certified version that is 65"? So now there are two 65 models, the 850 and the 800, is that right?

http://www.gadgetell.com/tech/commen...-hdtv-lineups/

Japan only, as I said in another thread.

Probably not appropriate to cross-post this is so many threads, especially since there's no evidence US will get this display (and its quite likely that we won't IMHO).
post #17 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Japan only, as I said in another thread.

Probably not appropriate to cross-post this is so many threads, especially since there's no evidence US will get this display (and its quite likely that we won't IMHO).

Only posted in three or four threads. Given that people are making purchase decisions right now I felt it was worth a dupe post or two to potentially save someone from the wrong purchase. Trying to help.
post #18 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Only posted in three or four threads. Given that people are making purchase decisions right now I felt it was worth a dupe post or two to potentially save someone from the wrong purchase. Trying to help.

Understood, but it seemed that you missed the part where it said Japan only. Unless you are saying you read that and posted it everywhere anyway?
post #19 of 511 Old 08-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Understood, but it seemed that you missed the part where it said Japan only. Unless you are saying you read that and posted it everywhere anyway?

did not notice the Japan only mention. Does that really mean no one in the US can get them? I have no experience with buying items released in Japan.
post #20 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

did not notice the Japan only mention. Does that really mean no one in the US can get them? I have no experience with buying items released in Japan.

Yeah, if its a Japan-only model, then you won't be able to get them in the US, just like PZR900 series. Of course, its always possible they could sell the 65" PZ800 over here, but I don't think there are any plans to do so since it was never once mentioned in any press release.
post #21 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM

has anyone been able to find measurements (H,W,D & wgt) on these big boys? the bezel appears wider than on the 750's'
post #22 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmonster View Post

has anyone been able to find measurements (H,W,D & wgt) on these big boys? the bezel appears wider than on the 750's'

Best Buy has that info, as well as what I presume to be the MSRP for the display (which is the same as the current MSRP for the outgoing 65" 750).
post #23 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Best Buy has that info, as well as what I presume to be the MSRP for the display (which is the same as the current MSRP for the outgoing 65" 750).

OK, not sure if Best Buy has this right, but this a quote from their product description:
What's in the box: 65" flat-panel plasma HDTV, pedestal stand, remote with batteries and power cord Chris, Have you opened a box yet? Is the stand included or not? I seriously doubt that Best Buy would package the stand and the panel together on their own. Are we positive that the stand is NOT included? Is Best Buy wrong?
post #24 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjut01 View Post

OK, not sure if Best Buy has this right, but this a quote from their product description:
What's in the box: 65" flat-panel plasma HDTV, pedestal stand, remote with batteries and power cord Chris, Have you opened a box yet? Is the stand included or not? I seriously doubt that Best Buy would package the stand and the panel together on their own. Are we positive that the stand is NOT included? Is Best Buy wrong?

Maybe BB has a version with the stand included that others do not? Or perhaps they are choosing to bundle it anyway?
post #25 of 511 Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

LOL, looks like there is a typo somewhere <<< Click Here >>> Looks like the stand will be: TY-ST65R4WG part number.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #26 of 511 Old 08-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Is the stand even available? My last go around I was ready to by a Panny however I was told the stands weren't even available yet and wouldn't be for several months, so I went with a Pioneer. $700 for a cast metal stand.....Crookery by Panasonic!
post #27 of 511 Old 08-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

I just called BB, they are telling me the stand comes with the set. Packaged separately.
post #28 of 511 Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkushner View Post

I just called BB, they are telling me the stand comes with the set. Packaged separately.

If you can verify that it would be a pretty sweet improvement on price to not have to pay for the stand. But why would they sell it separate if its included? Unless, like I was saying they are deciding to bundle it with the unit if you buy it at MSRP.
post #29 of 511 Old 08-30-2008, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkushner View Post

Is the stand even available? My last go around I was ready to by a Panny however I was told the stands weren't even available yet and wouldn't be for several months, so I went with a Pioneer. $700 for a cast metal stand.....Crookery by Panasonic!

That stand is crazy! It weighs almost 40lbs! Still shouldn't be $700, but damn, that is one heavy duty stand!!
post #30 of 511 Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 PM

Cleveland "Chris" any pics to show us?

I might be asking too much but maybe one where you used to have your 58".......just to get a comparison on size.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page