AVS Forum banner

Pioneer Bezel

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  PioBeer 
#1 ·
Been tempted to buy a Kuro for the last year, but the glossy bezel is a deal killer. Certainly this is a matter of taste, so no offense to those who like the glossy look, but for those who share my opinion, do you know of anyone that has come up with a creative solution (e.g. removing and painting, covering with "strips" etc.)?

#2 ·
I too don't like glossy bezels.... But I own a 50 and 60 Elite and I don't have a problem. When I tried a Samsung 32 and 26 for other rooms the glossy bezel was way too much and I returned them. But for the larger 50 and 60 sizes the picture is large & bright enough to make the bezel more subdued, and it is not a problem at all at night. BTW, the Pio/Elite bezels seem to be flatter and reflect less light than other. This doesn't answer your question but may reduce your worries.

#3 ·
Try some window film from a Building/Depot Store. Just cut it in strips to match the bezel size. Don't forget to cut a hole for the IR port and power button. I believe that they stay on with a little moisture. Just be careful to not get the screen wet. I swapped out a Costco Panasonic with a matte finish for a KURO and will use this method to eliminate the glare form the bezel.

Piano Black is for Pianos. The only image I want to see on my TV is the one I put on there - not a reflection of the room.

#4 ·
I have a Kuro 6020 and concede that its bezel is pretty reflective. Nevertheless, when I am watching TV I am virtually never aware of it, although I often watch in a rather brightly lighted room. In short, don't let the Kuro's shiny bezel deter you from getting one, it shouldn't be a problem.

#5 ·
It's not glossy enough to be annoying compared to some TVs, I found the Panasonic I owned before much more reflective. As long as you don't have windows by it you should be fine.

#6 ·
IMO, What is most annoying about the glossy bezel is light from the edges of the screen itself reflecting off of it creating a bright strip of light which can be annoying especially when watching in a totally dark room. Why the Pio engineers did not take this into account is beyond me. Hopefully they fix in the 10Gs.

As a side note, no other TV turned off looks more aethetically pleasing than the Kuro. This is where the glossy Bezel really 'shines'

However, I prefer to look at my Kuro with the power on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.