Panny tuner firmware downgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a Panasonic TH-42PD60U. I recently had a problem with what I believed to be my tuner and cable company playing nice. My tv firmware version was 0102-0010 meaning I had tuner version 100 and eeprom version 120. After reading many threads about QAM channels not locking in properly I ended up looking to Panny's site for a firmware update. There were 3. One for the tuner, one for the eeprom and one for the vchip ratings. I updated to the latest and my problem is worse then ever.

Problem - digital (QAM) channels that my cable company broadcasts in the clear do not get picked up by the auto channel scan. I need to manually punch in the root channel and then I can select the subchannel. Since it was not picked up by the autoscan, it will not stay in my lineup. If I punch the root of a separate channel the first one I was watching goes away.

Worse problem - after upgrading the firmware, I can no longer tune the subchannels that are not picked up by an autoscan. If I punch in the root channel, I can see and hear the program until the channel is finished scanning. Then it says the channel is not available and goes black. After a minute it will clear the subchannels and put me at the first analog channel in my lineup.

Does anyone know where I can get an older version of firmware to try and at least get back what I had? Anyone else have a similar experience where the upgraded firmware scanned less channels? Some channels still come in perfect so I know the QAM tuner still works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2008, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic's QAM tuner sucks, other Tv's i have Samsung LCD and a LG3510 tuner compared to them it takes forever to scan, it picks up channels with nothing on them i assume if you have say channel 90.1 it will show all 90.2-3-4-5-6-7 even if at the time of scan theres nothing on, takes forever to delete all of them as you cant watch in the lil screen in upper left corner.
I doubt you can go back in firmwares, complain to panasonic, doubt they will listen.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page