Since nobody would read down to post 97 of the previous thread, here goes.
In most cases the 10 blink issue is caused when you have a computer video card hooked up to HDMI port 1 or 2. These ports include a filter that was not designed for computer/gaming input. Only the front Port (or port 3) is designed for this.
Sometimes, when you have the computer hooked up to HDMI port 1/2 and your turn the Plasma display "on" while the computer is still running, in this case you may cause a shutdown of the plasma.
There a three ways to remedy this.
1) Unplug the HDMI cables from the back of the TV (All of them). Press and hold the Power button until the Plasma resets.
Once reset, Options:
2) You plug your computer/gaming system into HDMI port 3 and you will not have an issue.
3) You can turn the monitor on "Prior" to booting you computer and everything should work out fine.
4) You can purchase an HDMI extender/Equalier for $20 and still use the HDMI port 1/2. See below.
A few days ago, I had the same 10 blink error on my brand new Panasonic TH-42PZ80U on HDMI input 2. I used a simple HDMI Extender/Equalizer between a DVI/HDMI cable and a regula HDMI cable into the TV. It solved the problem. I can now freely switch inputs and switch the monitor on/off with the Computer still running.
1) MAC G5 Quad with a GeForce video card
2) DVI/HDMI Cable
3) HDMI Extender
4) HDMI Cable into HDMI PORT 2 in rear of TV.
5) I have a HD-DVR plugged into HDMI PORT 1.
EDIT: Price: I bought this for $20 at Monoprice, here is the link...http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2