Panasonic Plasma 10 Blink Issue - Fix/Summary - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since nobody would read down to post 97 of the previous thread, here goes.

In most cases the 10 blink issue is caused when you have a computer video card hooked up to HDMI port 1 or 2. These ports include a filter that was not designed for computer/gaming input. Only the front Port (or port 3) is designed for this.

Sometimes, when you have the computer hooked up to HDMI port 1/2 and your turn the Plasma display "on" while the computer is still running, in this case you may cause a shutdown of the plasma.

There a three ways to remedy this.

1) Unplug the HDMI cables from the back of the TV (All of them). Press and hold the Power button until the Plasma resets.

Once reset, Options:

2) You plug your computer/gaming system into HDMI port 3 and you will not have an issue.

3) You can turn the monitor on "Prior" to booting you computer and everything should work out fine.

4) You can purchase an HDMI extender/Equalier for $20 and still use the HDMI port 1/2. See below.

A few days ago, I had the same 10 blink error on my brand new Panasonic TH-42PZ80U on HDMI input 2. I used a simple HDMI Extender/Equalizer between a DVI/HDMI cable and a regula HDMI cable into the TV. It solved the problem. I can now freely switch inputs and switch the monitor on/off with the Computer still running.

System:
1) MAC G5 Quad with a GeForce video card
2) DVI/HDMI Cable
3) HDMI Extender
4) HDMI Cable into HDMI PORT 2 in rear of TV.
5) I have a HD-DVR plugged into HDMI PORT 1.

EDIT: Price: I bought this for $20 at Monoprice, here is the link...
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM

dude, you're awesome. this fixed my problem !
post #3 of 6 Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma6netic View Post

Since nobody would read down to post 97 of the previous thread, here goes.

In most cases the 10 blink issue is caused when you have a computer video card hooked up to HDMI port 1 or 2. These ports include a filter that was not designed for computer/gaming input. Only the front Port (or port 3) is designed for this..........

I presume you're talking about this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1001318&page=4

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Hi all,

I also had the 'no turn on' problem when hooking up my PCIE Nvidia card (I used many cards including a 6200 series, 7200 and 7300 series) in my Mythtv box to my 42PX80U via hdmi ports 1 or 2. Interestingly enough, when I used an Nvidia 440MX on an AGP slot (different motherboard) I did not have this problem! I can turn on the TV when the computer is hooked up and running. I don't know why this is the case. Any ideas?

Eusebio
post #5 of 6 Old 08-17-2012, 02:37 PM

I have a TC-50PS14 and I heard a pop and my TV went out. I looked online and discovered that my YSUSTAIN Board went out (TNPA4782AB). At first I could not see an issue with any of the capacitors until further inspection I found a small rectangular component next to an aluminum cooling panel had blown. I had purchased a new board and replaced it, but now I am getting 10 blinks. I am getting different info online saying it's the power supply and another saying it is an A-board where I connect the HDMI and cable to. I would like to replace the part, but I'm not sure which one, and if that is the culprit as to why my YSUSTAIN Board blew. Can someone help? I find it hard to get rid of the TV if only a board needs replacing. Any help is appreciated
post #6 of 6 Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 AM

Liked: 11
Guys
This thread is probably dead and no one is even reading this but I thought Id ask anyway. Long story short, I filed a case against Panny in court and would like to know if there is any precedent here for the 10 blink issue?

I would like to read up on this if there is such a case.
rocketslc likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Th 50pz80u 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page