free way to remove plasma burn in (without burning cd's or dvds) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 62 Old 04-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This thread is old, but it comes up when searching for "erase plasma burn-in", so i thought I would add some truth to it for TVs of 2012.

I love my Panasonic VT50 and I love my video games. So I was conflicted and torn when I noticed the Call of Duty HUD burned into my beloved plasma. I can't stop gaming, but I can't give up Panasonic's excellent plasma. So I went to the all-knowing Web to find a solution. While everyone seemd to say that burn-in was a thing of the past, I had the undeniable proof that it was not. Many claimed that running full-screen video for hours would help, so I tried playing The Dark Knight Rises on a loop for about 48 hours. Alas, the burn-in had not even faded.

Another site mentioned that I should try running a continuous loop of digital snow static at max brightness and contrast for four times the amount of time that the burned-in image was displayed. So I went to the Call of Duty "barracks" to see my time played....5 days and 20 hours...140 hours. Meaning 560 hours of continuous playback to remove the burn-in. At this point, I would try anything, so I bunred a DVD with the digital snow pattern, set brightness and contrast to max, and let her rip. I am so very happy to say that about 50 hours later, the burn-in has faded about 75%.

I figure another 10-20 hours and it should be gone, much, much less than the 560 anticipated. So that would mean running the DVD about half the time the image was on the display.

I hope this helps anyone out there with the same problem. Don't despair and don't cry (b/c i did), just do as I did and you'll be fine.

65" Samsung F8500 - Marantz SR6009 - Oppo Blu-Ray Player
2 KEF iQ90 L&R - KEF iQ60c Center - 4 KEF iQ8ds Di-Pole Surrounds - KEF PSW2500 Sub
Xbox 360 - Xbox One - PS4 - ASUS G751
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
An easier way to get 'snow' for anti-IR is to tune to an non-existent analog cable channel.
Also the built-in Panasonic scrolling white bar can be used as well.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page