Where can I get a system cable for an older Pioneer plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I am looking for a replacement system cable for an older pioneer plasma. I am looking for a friend of mine and I do not have the model of the TV at this minute, however I think the Pioneers that used the media receivers all used the same cable. Anyways, we need to order a longer one. I found the 10 meter cable on Pioneers website, but it is $600, and it is discontinued. Where can we get a long one from that isn't $600? We need 35-40 feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmmms---system cable.... don't know what's that. is it some kind of an umbilical cord consisting of several cables?

anyway, did you try ebay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post

Hey guys, I am looking for a replacement system cable for an older pioneer plasma. I am looking for a friend of mine and I do not have the model of the TV at this minute, however I think the Pioneers that used the media receivers all used the same cable. Anyways, we need to order a longer one. I found the 10 meter cable on Pioneers website, but it is $600, and it is discontinued. Where can we get a long one from that isn't $600? We need 35-40 feet.

post #3 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

No, older Pioneer plasmas use a tuner box, basically all of the inputs are on a separate box instead of being located on the back of the television. Pioneer uses a proprietary cable to go from the tuner to the back of the television, and we need a longer one. The factory one is only like 10 feet long, and we need a 35 to 40 footer. There was a cable-com place we got one from a few years ago, but I cannot find them anymore. The cable kind of looks like a DVI, and the other connector resembles a 15 pin VGA connection.
post #4 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM

I know that I've seen these for less, but:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Pionee...aspx?s=froogle

One is a DVI cable. I can't remember what the other one is. I think Sharp used it as well.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 PM

I have older Pioneer plasmas too.
Mine have multiple BNC connections, VGA, and S-video.
I most certainly wouldn't use a 600 dollar cable even if it was available.
I bought some BNC to F series connectors to hook up my component video cables, it was very simple and super cheap even for the better between series connectors..
Mike is correct about the older units, they're simply monitors that require a tuner to view.
Look at the back of the unit and see what the input connections are for the particular input you choose. Mine have 4 different inputs to choose from.
See ya,
Kelly
post #6 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekster View Post

I know that I've seen these for less, but:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Pionee...aspx?s=froogle

One is a DVI cable. I can't remember what the other one is. I think Sharp used it as well.

Yes, that is it. It goes between the Pioneer box and the Pioneer TV, however I *KNOW* I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I will have to take a look at the other cable to see what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyrider View Post

I have older Pioneer plasmas too.
Mine have multiple BNC connections, VGA, and S-video.
I most certainly wouldn't use a 600 dollar cable even if it was available.
I bought some BNC to F series connectors to hook up my component video cables, it was very simple and super cheap even for the better between series connectors..
Mike is correct about the older units, they're simply monitors that require a tuner to view.
Look at the back of the unit and see what the input connections are for the particular input you choose. Mine have 4 different inputs to choose from.
See ya,
Kelly

Hey Kelly, the line of televisions I am referring to come with a separate tuner box. The box has all of the inputs that would normally be on the back of the TV. Component, HDMI, RCA, S-Video, etc. It works out great if you have the TV mounted on the wall and want to plug something else in, you just plug it into the box instead of running another line to your television. However, we want to put the box in the closet where the other equipment is going, and I need this long cable to connect them. I remember buying one a few years ago, and its driving me NUTS. Thanks for all your help so far guys, I really appreciate it!
post #7 of 15 Old 10-22-2008, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Ttt
post #8 of 15 Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:

I remember buying one a few years ago, and its driving me NUTS. Thanks for all your help so far guys, I really appreciate it!

Have you looked back through your old credit card statements, or checking account records. You might be able to find a reminder of who you purchased it from, in your financial records. Good luck.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:

Key-Digital use to make the cable...ditto for cable-conn. I have the 10 meter Key-Digital cable in storage. I will be more than happy to sell it to you for a very reasonable price.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Key-Digital use to make the cable...ditto for cable-conn. I have the 10 meter Key-Digital cable in storage. I will be more than happy to sell it to you for a very reasonable price.

PM me with what you want for it, I am not entirely sure 10M will work. I will take a piece of rope or something in the next day or so, and we will see if that reaches. If so, I will most likely want yours, if it doesn't, I will have to order one from Cable Comm. There are soo many cable places out there, Cable-com, Cable-comm, etc... It's crazy!
post #11 of 15 Old 10-25-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Ttt
post #12 of 15 Old 11-12-2013, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I saw this post from a while ago.  A co-worker of mine is looking for the same cable referenced above.  I believe it's a KD-DVID10MDR (10 referencing the length.  Anyway if you happen to have one available to sell, please let me know.  Thanks

post #13 of 15 Old 05-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Hey, my builder recently broke my wire mounting my TV to the wall, I'm in desperate need for a new wire. what the lowest you're willing to sell

thanks \Simon :) 

post #14 of 15 Old 06-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Liked: 0
For those who don't know and seek an answer... Search for DFP20 or MDR20 cable which is a replacement for Pioneer black system cable. Much cheaper alternative
post #15 of 15 Old 06-15-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I never understood the appeal of "Tuner Boxes." especially with proprietary cable connections.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"

Last edited by EscapeVelocity; 06-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List