Does your Samsung plasma suffer from horizontal line bleed? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Does your Samsung Plasma have horizontal line bleed?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 245 Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
i get this on Real Time with Bill Maher - there is always a line that bleeds through him against his backdrop. On my Pioneer 5010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 245 Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Every plasma I've seen does it, though I have never really viewed an LG.
post #183 of 245 Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got my TV service. The tech knew it is a voltage problem. He tried to adjust it but from the pattern generator, it got worst. He ordered a new panel for my 7000. I wait a week and report back.
post #184 of 245 Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Plasmas without line bleed can be found in the same places as unicorns and bigfoot.
post #185 of 245 Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 323
No
post #186 of 245 Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM

I know this is for Samsungs, but thought it might be helpful for some to know that a 2011 Panasonic 60" GT30 has this problem. See the attached photos and the infamous viewer warning green screen. Otherwise, the TV is gorgeous and PQ is significantly better than my previous TV (TH-PZ700U). OTOH, my 50" 700U did not have line bleed that I ever noticed. I'm sure it was there just significantly less noticeable than on my 60" GT30. I'm debating on whether or not I should try to get the TV swapped or just learn to live with it. I'm worried that if I don't just "leave well enough alone" then I'll end up with a different set of problems on a new set. Maybe a dead or stuck pixel. Maybe something else. Who knows. Thoughts?
LL
LL
LL
post #187 of 245 Old 08-15-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I've had two 65ST30s, and both have had the same amount of line bleed. I can notice it in regular content as well. My previous set was a 50PX80U and I hardly noticed it with that TV, but it could be that it is simply more noticeable with the larger panel.
post #188 of 245 Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I've had two 65ST30s, and both have had the same amount of line bleed. I can notice it in regular content as well. My previous set was a 50PX80U and I hardly noticed it with that TV, but it could be that it is simply more noticeable with the larger panel.

Thanks tfoltz. Based on what I'm reading and based on the fact that it's happened to you on two consecutive sets, I'm thinking I'm going to learn to live with it. I can accept it much more now that I know what it is. Before I had researched the topic I was pretty upset about it thinking it was just a blatant defect specific to my TV. I too was thinking that perhaps it's either more noticeable on a larger TV or perhaps, due to the physics of the underlying problem, the issue severity scales with TV size.
post #189 of 245 Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 AM

Liked: 15
Please tell me my plasma isn't hosed... (PN58C6500)

I put the images on Flickr.
http://flic.kr/p/aeHUWW
http://flic.kr/p/aeHTbN

I've always had line bleed, that's to be expected with plasma and Rear projection. What do you call this??!!? I suddenly have purple lines/blotches where I would normally see "line bleed".
post #190 of 245 Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHummrich View Post

Please tell me my plasma isn't hosed... (PN58C6500)

I put the images on Flickr.
http://flic.kr/p/aeHUWW
http://flic.kr/p/aeHTbN

I've always had line bleed, that's to be expected with plasma and Rear projection. What do you call this??!!? I suddenly have purple lines/blotches where I would normally see "line bleed".

Wow... that looks pretty nasty. Anything unusual happen to the tv recently?
post #191 of 245 Old 08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

The lines in the middle look normal, but that purple one is definitely not right.
post #192 of 245 Old 08-22-2011, 01:56 PM

Yeah that looks like something is busted with the green 'subsystem'.
post #193 of 245 Old 08-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post

Wow... that looks pretty nasty. Anything unusual happen to the tv recently?

Quote:

The lines in the middle look normal, but that purple one is definitely not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloimplant View Post

Yeah that looks like something is busted with the green 'subsystem'.

Absolutely nothing unusual happened. I had originally asked for Samsung to come out a few months ago (extreme buzzing and black levels rapidly changing back and forth). They determined that it wasn't enough to do anything about. I complained and they were going to send another company out but never did. then this happened... Thankfully Samsung executive support looked at my file and decided to send someone out under warranty (2 months out). This time they said they looked at the pictures and it looks like Physical Damage... I couldn't believe it. No way we bumped into the TV or anything like that. After a brief conversation they said they would take care of all of it under warranty and will be replacing the panel this week! I'll report back after the panel is replaced but I'm super impressed by Samsung Executive Service. I feel I was still in the right since it all stemmed from my original service call but they could have told me to F off.
post #194 of 245 Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdimarzio View Post

Thanks tfoltz. Based on what I'm reading and based on the fact that it's happened to you on two consecutive sets, I'm thinking I'm going to learn to live with it. I can accept it much more now that I know what it is. Before I had researched the topic I was pretty upset about it thinking it was just a blatant defect specific to my TV. I too was thinking that perhaps it's either more noticeable on a larger TV or perhaps, due to the physics of the underlying problem, the issue severity scales with TV size.

Hmm, try to watch "Hardly justice", jump to the two hour mark and bite in your ass like I did, when I saw this movie on my LG PK350.

No, it's not normal. My three S10-plasmas had zero linebleeding on that "green screen" and this year, the GT30s and ST30s have it.

Anyone know for sure, if the VT30 has it?
post #195 of 245 Old 08-25-2011, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have the GT30 or VT30, but line bleed is more noticeable on the ST30 compared to my 2008 set, unfortunately. Still, it definitely is present on 2008 set and I've never seen a plasma without line bleed. Would love to see one.
post #196 of 245 Old 08-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:

I don't have the GT30 or VT30, but line bleed is more noticeable on the ST30 compared to my 2008 set, unfortunately. Still, it definitely is present on 2008 set and I've never seen a plasma without line bleed. Would love to see one.

Well, you won't be happy to hear it, but I have seen a plasma that has zero line bleed on the viewer warning "green screen". It's my old TH-50PZ700U. When I got my 60GT30 I gave my 50PZ700U to my parents. This weekend I went over their house and ran some tests. I was surprised to find zero line bleed on the green screen. I did detect some very faint line bleed on blue but it was subtle enough that I don't expect it would show up in normal viewing. In the meantime, I called Panasonic support about this and they sent someone out. He said the buzzing I had on my panel is nothing that Panasonic will do anything about and that it is far less audible than even the luckiest Samsung's. So, I guess I'm just really, really sensitive to the plasma buzzing. Now, when he saw the line bleed he was very concerned and said he'd never seen that before. That made me question his credibility. I gave him the benefit of the doubt though and let him run it through Panasonic. He said Panasonic viewed digital photos of the line bleed on my TV and agreed to work on it. He said he's coming back out to adjust the Vs voltage and to replace the SC. Not sure what either of those are. I'm nervous to have my TV worked on and that I'll end up worse off than when I started. I'll keep you all posted.
post #197 of 245 Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

^Sounds good. Post the results here if you can.
post #198 of 245 Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:

^Sounds good. Post the results here if you can.

Update: The service tech came out today and tried a few things. First he entered the service menu and tried to adjust the VSU. No change. Then he tried replacing the SC board. No change. Then he tried replacing the A board. No change. Then he tried replacing the SS board. No change. He then called Panasonic and they had him try a few things with no change. He wanted to order a new panel but the Panasonic guy he was on the phone with didn't think it was an issue with the panel itself but rather a panel drive issue. That's all fine and good but after replacing pretty much every board in the TV there was no change to the line bleed. They were out of options with no solution. The service tech then called his contact at Panasonic who is, apparently, higher up then the one he spoke with originally and he authorized a panel replacement. Because of the size of the TV (60") they won't replace the panel in house. So, he took my TV. I'm hoping that when I get it back the line bleed issue is fixed and there is no collateral damage. Fingers crossed. I won't settle for anything being wrong with the TV when it returns.
post #199 of 245 Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM

I have a 2 week old 64D7000 (this is my 2nd one, as the first one was a peeler). The line bleed is very noticeable.

I have an old Panasonic 50" 800U from 2008, which exhibits some line bleed, but not nearly as bad as my new Samsung.

I've searched the forums, but haven't read any reports about the line bleeding on the Panasonic VT30.
post #200 of 245 Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Update: Well, 16 days later and I still don't have my TV back. The technician did replace the panel and, apparently, the problem persisted. At this point Panasonic is processing an exchange for me so I'll be receiving a brand new unit. Will provide a new update when I receive the unit and have tested it for line bleed.
post #201 of 245 Old 09-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Tolentino View Post

I have a 2 week old 64D7000 (this is my 2nd one, as the first one was a peeler). The line bleed is very noticeable.

I have an old Panasonic 50" 800U from 2008, which exhibits some line bleed, but not nearly as bad as my new Samsung.

I've searched the forums, but haven't read any reports about the line bleeding on the Panasonic VT30.

I've had my 64D7000 for a few months now and the line bleed still bothers me on a regular basis. It's rarely noticeable when watching movies, but it shows up regularly when watching TV (mainly in commercials) and somewhat often when playing games. I'm considering contacting Samsung to see if there is anything that can be done about it.
post #202 of 245 Old 09-26-2011, 04:45 AM

Last night on my PN51D6500 was the first time I noticed it while watching a show (previously I only noticed it on the menu screen.) I was watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and there was a closeup of Larry's face while he was sitting in a restaurant booth. The lines from the booth went across his face. That was the only time in the episode I noticed it (as I was looking for it the rest of the episode.)
post #203 of 245 Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 AM

My D550 has it too. All new plasmas have it. It's yet another symptom of power saving design.
post #204 of 245 Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
fry

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread! Sorry all, this was meant to go in the brightness pops thread. Didn't realize we all had so many issues with Samsung.

I'm on my 2nd 64D8000 and both sets have the brightness/contrast issues. My 1st set was a real lemon. On top of the brightness issues it also buzzed really loud, had dents in the bezel, conponent didn't work and didn't have a deep black anywhere which really made the brightness issue noticable.

I'm going to contact Samsung again and try and speak with someone in Triage to see what they say about the issue. Really disappointed, I don't think I can live with this set. If they don't tell me anything usefull I'm going to ask for a refund and buy a Panasonic.

My 2 tv's had build dates are Aug and Sept 2011. The Aug had lots of issues.
post #205 of 245 Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 AM

I have an old Akia/Samsung 2005 Plasma with zero line bleed. even with super bright settings tested.

My 2009 Samsung a450 has had it from Day1. (kinda tameable)

After rereading some posts and in the past few years, i wonder if it is a power supply/board issue that can be fixed?
That would be great to know.

edit : im sure tv tech's could beef up the PSU: if it was a case of enegry saving/low spec power supply use.
post #206 of 245 Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Update: Well, 16 days later and I still don't have my TV back. The technician did replace the panel and, apparently, the problem persisted. At this point Panasonic is processing an exchange for me so I'll be receiving a brand new unit. Will provide a new update when I receive the unit and have tested it for line bleed.

Update: I finally got my TV (a replacement rather) back today. It took a total of 6 weeks - a completely unacceptable amount of time. Panasonic gave me an extra year's warranty for the delay which I guess it better than nothing. The new 60GT30 is an October 2011 build so it's brand spanking new. Unfortunately, it exhibits the exact same line bleed as the set it replaces. At least now I know it's a problem with large, modern plasmas in general and not a defect specific to my set. I'm going to try the D-Nice panel prep and calibration and see if that helps at all. Will post the results in a week or so.
post #207 of 245 Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 PM

I vote totally normal. I see this level of bleed throughout all my plasmas. 2 55G20's and 3ish sets of boards (total 5 tv guts) and 1 55GT30.

post: then I look up a post. WIN!!!!! I was right. Well look at that!
post #208 of 245 Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post

Last night on my PN51D6500 was the first time I noticed it while watching a show (previously I only noticed it on the menu screen.) I was watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and there was a closeup of Larry's face while he was sitting in a restaurant booth. The lines from the booth went across his face. That was the only time in the episode I noticed it (as I was looking for it the rest of the episode.)

This is STILL the first and only time I noticed the issue outside the menu screens. Perhaps I am too busy worrying about the brightness pops...
post #209 of 245 Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Update: I finally got my TV (a replacement rather) back today. It took a total of 6 weeks - a completely unacceptable amount of time. Panasonic gave me an extra year's warranty for the delay which I guess it better than nothing. The new 60GT30 is an October 2011 build so it's brand spanking new. Unfortunately, it exhibits the exact same line bleed as the set it replaces. At least now I know it's a problem with large, modern plasmas in general and not a defect specific to my set. I'm going to try the D-Nice panel prep and calibration and see if that helps at all. Will post the results in a week or so.

Update: The D-Nice panel prep and calibration settings definitely helped! The line bleed is still there but it is very subtle now! Huge improvement. The PQ is also noticeably better. I'm a happy camper.
post #210 of 245 Old 10-29-2011, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hm I don't see line bleed on my 5080HD but I haven't really been looking for it, Then again its certainly not a power saving model either (2007 8G model w/ 14,000+ hours).

I viewed a preview screen earlier and didnt see it there either.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
60 Samsung Plasma 1080p 600hz Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page