Plasma tv double image problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
About 6 weeks ago i bought an lg423000 plamsma i think the model name is, well because of delayed house redecoration, i only yesterday set it up and running, problem is, when you watch TV, say there is a face, well next to it will appear like a ghost, of the same face if that makes sense, that moves with it so i dont think its screeb burn, its more noticeable with lighter backgrounds, like a sky, i have set all the settings to below 50% like contrast and brightness, but it hasnt solved the problems, i don't get the same problem with teletext, i cant test out any other devices like dvd or games since i can't get to the connections in the back due to the wall holder (quite annoying really) will this be normal for the first 200 hours or do i have a dodgy tv reception?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had the exact same thing, but it only happened one time and on one channel, so mine was obviously the feed from my cable provider. Does this happen on all channels?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
TNG
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Sounds like the source or ghosting. No real easy way to tell unless you can test it with a proven source like a DVD.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmetaknight View Post

About 6 weeks ago i bought an lg423000 plamsma i think the model name is, well because of delayed house redecoration, i only yesterday set it up and running, problem is, when you watch TV, say there is a face, well next to it will appear like a ghost, of the same face if that makes sense, that moves with it so i dont think its screeb burn, its more noticeable with lighter backgrounds, like a sky, i have set all the settings to below 50% like contrast and brightness, but it hasnt solved the problems, i don't get the same problem with teletext, i cant test out any other devices like dvd or games since i can't get to the connections in the back due to the wall holder (quite annoying really) will this be normal for the first 200 hours or do i have a dodgy tv reception?

Does it look like False contouring overlayed on top of peoples faces? If so I had the same problem with a new Panny, they had to change out the B board and that solved the problem.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

TNG...it happens on all channels.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM

Does that model have front or side inputs that you could connect another device to to test (without having to try to reach behind it.)

Also, is the problem occuring with the TV's on-screen menus, or just with the feed? Most of the time faults like that are the source, but if the TV menu is the same, then you'd need to contact the manufacturer.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Might want to also see if there's an anti-reflective coating on the glass. My dad-in-law has a Panasonic set that when you're right on top of it, you can see a double image, even w/menus. I think his has a PZ700U or something like that. Worth a look-see. In general, though, ghosting is caused by the source.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays