I need help deciding between these 2 Panasonics! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I've been looking for a TV for Nearly 2 months now and I'm pretty sure I do want a Plasma and I was interested in the Panasonic TH42PZ80U or the TH42PZ85U. I would like to know the differences between the two and which would be a better purchase for the money. I know Plasma's do use more Power than LCD's and I heard the 80u was more energy efficient, would this make a really big difference??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 AM

Liked: 17
I have the 85U and love it. Difference as far as I know is native contrast ratio (85U is 30,000:1 and 80U is 20,000:1) which imo one should take with a grain of salt, 85U has a PC input, and the 85U is also more $$ .

Some here have reported a little deeper blacks on the 85.

As for energy efficiency I don't know which is more efficient between the 80 or 85. I would have thought they would be the same though.

What kind of viewing will you be doing on it? Gaming...HD...SD...BluRay...night or day mostly? Some things to consider. Good luck in your hunt!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Oh the spec's arn't as different as I thought

Well I'm going to be playing games on my Xbox 360, watching TV(Basic cable right now), and Watching Blu-Ray movies when I do purchase one. As of now mostly at night since I work morning shifts right now, but on my days off I'm usually home during the day out during night.

Well I'm not sure how much the pz80u cost but at my job I can get some discount on the 85u since we actually stock up on that one.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page