Time to Pick A TV!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

The physical construction of our house extension and renovation finished just before Christmas (thankfully) and I am now concentrating on the 'finishing touches' i.e Our new Home Theatre / Television Room

The location of the TV will be directly opposite a window around 8 feet away, obviously this window will have blinds but also it would be nice to watch TV with some natural light.

Just in front of this bay window will be a sofa meaning viewing distance will be just over 7 feet away at its maximum (42" Television?)

Already constructed around where the wall mounted TV will go is a ceiling high wooden frame around 120cm wide and 11cm deep, once the television has been wall mounted a piece of plywood with a large cut rectangle will be placed ontop of this showing the Television flush with the wall.

I have been seriously considering the Panasonic TH-42PZ81B with built in Freesat (I'm in the UK). Will this TV suit my needs??

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Oli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli2140 View Post

Hi all,

The physical construction of our house extension and renovation finished just before Christmas (thankfully) and I am now concentrating on the 'finishing touches' i.e Our new Home Theatre / Television Room

The location of the TV will be directly opposite a window around 8 feet away, obviously this window will have blinds but also it would be nice to watch TV with some natural light.

Just in front of this bay window will be a sofa meaning viewing distance will be just over 7 feet away at its maximum (42" Television?)

Already constructed around where the wall mounted TV will go is a ceiling high wooden frame around 120cm wide and 11cm deep, once the television has been wall mounted a piece of plywood with a large cut rectangle will be placed ontop of this showing the Television flush with the wall.

I have been seriously considering the Panasonic TH-42PZ81B with built in Freesat (I'm in the UK). Will this TV suit my needs??

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Oli

I can't comment on the particular model, but I wouldn't be afraid to get at least a 50" display at a 7' viewing distance
post #3 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Also, would it be a good idea to wait until CES is over?
post #4 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Might be, but then you will really be confused...

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

/

/
post #5 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Might be, but then you will really be confused...

haha Excellent
post #6 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

THX recommendation of viewing size at 7' away is approximately 62". Do yourself a favor and get a 58-60" plasma.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page