Operating two 60" LGs with a laptop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My company is currently upgrading its conference room and has purchased a pair of 60" LG plasma screen HDTVs. We're not going to be installing them until February, but what I'm worried about it is if a single laptop will be strong enough to operate those two TVs. That's the first question I need debated. Keep in mind, it'll most often be a fairly simple laptop (Dell notebook) that our sales and marketing teams use day-to-day. Nothing high end.

The TVs will be used for presentation purposes, and I expect most presentations will be done with PowerPoint. Again, nothing fancy. And they do not need to operate independently.

If you were to give a quick "what you need is" answer, what would it be? I expect a dedicated desktop with a quality graphic card will be the answer.

Also, can you point me in the direction of a good resource for this sort of project? Or some questions I need to be asking (and addressing)?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Zack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Do you just need the same image on both screens?

If so, a simple VGA splitter box (not cable!) will do the trick. No need for any fancy graphics cards or anything. Make sure you get a VGA splitter box, one that requires power to operate and that amplifies the signal. If you just get a cable, it will look like crap.

Do the LG's have VGA in?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2008, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

That's what I was looking for. I found a spliter with a signal booster. As it stands now, we're operating the TVs together. Down the road, I could face some headaches if/when our presentations become more complex and if we want to operate the TVs independently. The LGs do have a VGA connection, as well.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page