The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 177
It's tragic that so many of these panels are lost to damage given how few remain as it is (with the demise of Pioneer as a panel player). bummer-squared.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree. Plus the environmental cost is upsetting to me. What a complete waste of resources when a panel arrives broken...I sincerely hope that they can utilize the perfectly new, unused parts and maybe even recycle the glass. I feel like I have greatly expanded my environmental footprint by purchasing one of these sets and having it arrive cracked....
post #363 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

I never mentioned it, but FWIW, mine came in a box that looked nearly perfect as well. The cracks were basically one main one going diagonally across the screen from top to bottom, and one other u-shaped one along the top edge. I cant remember if there were others. We basically boxed it right back up instantly. If I havent got a response from my seller by the time I get home and check my email, I will be calling in the morning for an update. I hope he has good news

jfkrane:
I am sorry to hear the bad news and join the depressed crowd. The only thing that makes me feel any better (if you want to call it that) is that you ordered from a different place than a few of us others did, so it isnt our specific seller apparently. It seems as though there are some meesed up ones out there and/or crappy shippers out there. What to do?
post #364 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkrane View Post

Too depressed to give many details, but 600M arrived with cracked screen today.

Only things of note are that the box looked pristine and the cracks were subtle -- needed a flashlight to see them.

Mfr date 11/08

Shipped through NY.

Sorry to hear about that. Was thinking of ordering one of these panels myself but to keep hearing these type of stories has me thinking twice. Where did it ship to from NY? How was the local delivery company? Better luck on the replacement.
post #365 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rougebear View Post

Sorry to hear about that. Was thinking of ordering one of these panels myself but to keep hearing these type of stories has me thinking twice. Where did it ship to from NY? How was the local delivery company? Better luck on the replacement.

It really does suck for all, but I dont know if I would let it deter me from buying online as a whole. The price savings are quite substantial if you can be patient and can find a reputable seller that will handle any potential situations properly. If your not in a hurry, its not so bad I guees, but I agree, it can be a little disheartening sometimes
post #366 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM

boy this doesnt sound good. nothing i can do now. its up to the plasma gods to bring me a good one.
post #367 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

boy this doesnt sound good. nothing i can do now. its up to the plasma gods to bring me a good one.

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow afternoon, I am praying to the plasma gods also. This really is strange to have this many units received with damage. It seems it is coming from different sellers, which I guess makes sense, they are all getting the from the same warehouses. Mine shipped from Milwaukee, WI.

If this keeps happening maybe we should post and track details such as vendor, shipped from which warehouse, city, shipping companies, and local shipping companies to see if we can find a common denominator. I don't think this is really the local delivery as this is different for most all the post here. Why would all of a sudden every local company be damaging this high of a percentage of unit?

Does anyone know if the shipping box is the same on the 600M as the 141?

Barry
post #368 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow afternoon, I am praying to the plasma gods also. This really is strange to have this many units received with damage. It seems it is coming from different sellers, which I guess makes sense, they are all getting the from the same warehouses. Mine shipped from Milwaukee, WI.

If this keeps happening maybe we should post and track details such as vendor, shipped from which warehouse, city, shipping companies, and local shipping companies to see if we can find a common denominator. I don't think this is really the local delivery as this is different for most all the post here. Why would all of a sudden every local company be damaging this high of a percentage of unit?

Does anyone know if the shipping box is the same on the 600M as the 141?

Barry

Or perhaps it is true somehow that a batch of them got damaged during container ship transport before arriving to these warehouses to some extent. Who knows. My seller mentioned a new shipment coming in Friday, but wasnt 100% sure about it. I did not have a response from him today, so I will be calling him back in the morning to get updates.

And again, just for reference, I am not 100% sure which address on my invoice is where it actually came from or was stored, but the two address are as follows:

Electrograph
3707 Capitol Ave
Div of Computer Graphics
Whittier, CA 90601

and

Electrograph
50 Marcus Blvd
Hauppage, NY 11788

To the guys getting them tomorrow, please let us know how it goes and may the plasma gods be with you! Take care!
post #369 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Yea thats a distributor not sure they would like you posting that
post #370 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:23 PM

Now that I am in the acceptance stage of mourning, here are a few more details...

Driver was solo but easily got the set into the house and as I said earlier box looked absolutely fine.

He was eager to leave, but agreed to stay while we unboxed it. He and I both examined it pretty closely (I thought) and I was so psyched because it looked gorgeous. Thinking all was well, I signed for it, but still wrote "subject to final inspection" since it was still resting in the box and I hadn't powered it up.

As soon as the driver left, I got a flashlight since I remembered people saying the cracks could be subtle, but it had looked so good to me that I had no expectation to find anything. I immediately saw a crack near the edge of the upper left panel, then another in the lower left, and finally one in the lower right. My inexperience clearly showed by not using the flashlight when the driver was present but I had no idea how subtle these cracks could be. Hard lesson learned -- hopefully others can benefit from my experience and not make the same error.

Per Dave at Satellite & Sound, the supplier (which appears to be called Electrograph, Middletown, NY) had only had 1 bad unit of 20 in prior shipment of these units so I think it is just lousy luck.

Good news is that Dave had another unit set aside for him, which should be shipping out to me today. Hopefully, it will arrive early next week.
post #371 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Yea thats a distributor not sure they would like you posting that

Is distributer and warehouse the same, and if not, which one is the warehouse. If its a problem to have it posted on here, I will remove it, but I dont understand why it would be. Its right here on my invoice, and others having problems may be interested in the information as well. I'd love to know if a certain warehouse is where the problem plasmas are coming from. Had they not sent out at least two, and maybe more, bad ones in just one week, which is what it looks like, I wouldnt be posting it on here to try and figure out the problem. I am not defaming them in any way at all, just trying to get some answers and provide info to others going through the same headache that I am.
post #372 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Now that I am in the acceptance stage of mourning, here are a few more details...

Driver was solo but easily got the set into the house and as I said earlier box looked absolutely fine.

He was eager to leave, but agreed to stay while we unboxed it. He and I both examined it pretty closely (I thought) and I was so psyched because it looked gorgeous. Thinking all was well, I signed for it, but still wrote "subject to final inspection" since it was still resting in the box and I hadn't powered it up.

As soon as the driver left, I got a flashlight since I remembered people saying the cracks could be subtle, but it had looked so good to me that I had no expectation to find anything. I immediately saw a crack near the edge of the upper left panel, then another in the lower left, and finally one in the lower right. My inexperience clearly showed by not using the flashlight when the driver was present but I had no idea how subtle these cracks could be. Hard lesson learned -- hopefully others can benefit from my experience and not make the same error.

Per Dave at Satellite & Sound, the supplier (which appears to be called Electrograph, Middletown, NY) had only had 1 bad unit of 20 in prior shipment of these units so I think it is just lousy luck.

Good news is that Dave had another unit set aside for him, which should be shipping out to me today. Hopefully, it will arrive early next week.

I almost dont want to believe the dealers sometimes when they say stuff like "Wow, thats the first one I have seen do that" or "only one out of xx amount have done that"...blah blah blah...Its like the delivery man telling me that mine was the first one he had seen cracked in like 2 years that he has been there.....lol....yeah what the fff ever...lol...Just be straight up with me ya know. At least when I called my guy, he was straight forward and told me that he was expecting my call because all the other 3 he had sent out were cracked too upon arrival, hence him thinking there is a bad batch somewhere. I think it is more than just a coincedence that, just in this thread alone, there is about an 75% cracked ratio so far....its rediculous and NOT common at all. There must be a reason.

jfkrane:
Its good to hear he had another one available. Keep your fingers crossed tight and let us know
post #373 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

This will be my first plasma inspection, now I am nervous I won't be able to see small cracks. You said to use a flashlight, should it be obvious shinning the flashlight or do you have to hold the light a the proper angle? If you power up will the monitor work with cracks in the glass? Can you power up to make the cracks more easily seen?

Are plasmas this fragle?

Barry
post #374 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Is distributer and warehouse the same, and if not, which one is the warehouse. If its a problem to have it posted on here, I will remove it, but I dont understand why it would be. Its right here on my invoice, and others having problems may be interested in the information as well. I'd love to know if a certain warehouse is where the problem plasmas are coming from. Had they not sent out at least two, and maybe more, bad ones in just one week, which is what it looks like, I wouldnt be posting it on here to try and figure out the problem. I am not defaming them in any way at all, just trying to get some answers and provide info to others going through the same headache that I am.

Oh trust me I dont care I am just telling you its a distributor/warehouse, I am trying to help you.
post #375 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

This will be my first plasma inspection, now I am nervous I won't be able to see small cracks. You said to use a flashlight, should it be obvious shinning the flashlight or do you have to hold the light a the proper angle? If you power up will the monitor work with cracks in the glass? Can you power up to make the cracks more easily seen?

Are plasmas this fragle?

Barry

I dont know how to judge how fragile they are, but it is in reality a very large piece of glas, so it isnt the strongest material to work with. If the delivery guys give you time to turn it on, definitely take advantage, as I would think that this would reveal any problems alot quicker. I havent had the chance to look for hairline cracks, so I am wondering about that myself. We shall see
post #376 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oh trust me I dont care I am just telling you its a distributor/warehouse, I am trying to help you.

Thank you Roman. I do appreciate the help in identifying it. Its very much a help to us. Its not like I will be contacting them or anything, hopefully my seller will take care of everything in that regard, but I was just curious as to where it shipped from, and didnt know which address was the actual warehouse. Sorry if I came across wrong in my post. I just want the situation resloved if possible, and to get one of these puppies on my wall ASAP (without the cracks)
post #377 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Man, it sounds like these things were imported via catapult. I've ordered one, maybe I'll get lucky and score one without cracks.
post #378 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Out of curiosity, those of you with broken sets, were the boxes strapped to a wooden palette? I seem to recall that my original broken 6020 didn't have a palette. But the intact 600M I received was strapped to a palette that was a bit larger than the box (you can see it in my pics). I'm guessing that without the palette, the box could have tipped over a lot more easily. Just a thought...
post #379 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=chrisherbert;16029491]Man, it sounds like these things were imported via catapult.QUOTE]

lmao....you got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

Out of curiosity, those of you with broken sets, were the boxes strapped to a wooden palette? I seem to recall that my original broken 6020 didn't have a palette. But the intact 600M I received was strapped to a palette that was a bit larger than the box (you can see it in my pics). I'm guessing that without the palette, the box could have tipped over a lot more easily. Just a thought...

Mine was indeed strapped to a pallet also. I watched the delivery guy cut it loose from the pallet, so that we could bring it inside.
post #380 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

My 151FD was delivered without a palette and delivered by one guy, kind of made me nervous, but there was nothing wrong with it.

Juan

My HT
post #381 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

My 151FD was delivered without a palette and delivered by one guy, kind of made me nervous, but there was nothing wrong with it.

Yea but that was my choice it was local delivery so the odds were 100% or swap out locally. Everything else on a pallet.
post #382 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Did this come in within the last week? Do you know what carrier delivered it, or even by chance, what warehouse it came from?

I almost wonder if it isnt just with the KRPs or maybe even the 141s being thinner panels maybe? Yes, that is reaching a bit, but I am just tossing around stuff. I still think it is plausable that there is a bad batch off the boat or something......shrugs.....
post #383 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM

COmpletely seperate warehouse and its a 151
post #384 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea but that was my choice it was local delivery so the odds were 100% or swap out locally. Everything else on a pallet.

Only made me nervous from the side of the delivery guy, I was never nervous about how you would have taken care of me is something would have happened. I even offer to help him and he handled it like a pro.

Juan

My HT
post #385 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

COmpletely seperate warehouse and its a 151

Any good news on successfull deliveries makes me feel good right now . Eventually, my time will come.
post #386 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM

FYI. I ordered a 600M from Invision yesterday, and I believe they told me their shipments of these units were originating from Nevada. I'll confirm when I receive it.
post #387 of 4963 Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmflip View Post

FYI. I ordered a 600M from Invision yesterday, and I believe they told me their shipments of these units were originating from Nevada. I'll confirm when I receive it.

I was told the same from. I ordered mine on Tuesday.
post #388 of 4963 Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmflip View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskurfer View Post

I was told the same from. I ordered mine on Tuesday.

Good luck guys. We are all in need of some positiveness in here? Please post us some pics and info upon arrival!
post #389 of 4963 Old 03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Update -

My unit was supposed to be delivered today from noon to 5 pm. I went to work planning to take the afternoon off and await the arrival. My son called me around 10am to say there is something outside the front door from Pioneer! I asked did he sign anything for delivery and he said no! They left it outside on my porch with about a foot hanging over in the rain!

I went home to inspect and after taking it inside and removing the box, you guessed it ...CRACKED! I spotted one crack in the upper left corner and did not look any further.

They are supposed to pick up the damaged unit today or Monday. Now to decide to get a refund or wait for another shipment to come in.

This shipped from Milwaukee.

Barry
post #390 of 4963 Old 03-13-2009, 10:59 AM

I am new here although I have been PM'd other members about this Pioneer model. I am ready to jump and buy this instead of the 6020 but now I am really worried about all these cracked displays that other members are getting. Units are coming from different warehouses and were shipped using different shipping/trucking companies.

Correct me if I am wrong but it appears that most of the problems were coming from warehouses/distribution centers based on the East or Midwest. I am wondering if the other members that received theirs from the west coast distributors ( Reno NV or Southern Cal)had the same problems?
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page