The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 166 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #4951 of 4963 Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

Why do you want to distort the aspect ratio of your movies?

It's not that I want to distort the aspect ratio. I think I am confused. I recently stumbled on the CIH forums and thought that can applies to TVs as well. So is it related? Is it ok to watch movies with black bars (after break-in period)? That doesn't hurt the tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4963 Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM

Howdy,

I am new to the forum and I read about 50 pages of posts but I still had a few questions. I just bought the KRP-500M and it will arrive Monday. I am well aware of the issue with cracks and plan on doing a very detailed inspection w/ flashlight. After that what is the first few things I should do? What is this break-in procedure? Thanks (sorry for the rookie questions)....
post #4953 of 4963 Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantowitty View Post

Howdy,

I am new to the forum and I read about 50 pages of posts but I still had a few questions. I just bought the KRP-500M and it will arrive Monday.

Welcome to AVS and to the KRP family!

Have you read the FAQ?
post #4954 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygylock View Post

It's not that I want to distort the aspect ratio. I think I am confused. I recently stumbled on the CIH forums and thought that can applies to TVs as well. So is it related? Is it ok to watch movies with black bars (after break-in period)? That doesn't hurt the tv?

Constant Image Height applies to projectors not direct view devices like the Kuro. You needn't worry about watching letterboxed programming. Plasmas are not that fragile.
post #4955 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 AM

How do I check my 500m hours of use?
I just recieved my 500m yesterday and it looks AMAZING! However I want to know for the break in process how many hours my panel has. I directly connect my 2009 MacBook Pro to the Kuro via ethernet cable. I open the IP settings on the TV and turn it on making sure that the TV assigned itself an IP address. I then make sure that my Mac has a connection and it says it does. I open firefox on my mac and type in http:///cgi/service_right.cgi (replacing with what the KRUO IP adress is) and it comes up with a "404 web page unavailable" on my computer. I saw on the control cal forum to use Internet Explorer, so I use Parallels to run windows XP and use IE. Same problem.
any one have the same problem and found a solution, or can someone who knows how to check the hours help me out.
Thank you
post #4956 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidassdrummer View Post

How do I check my 500m hours of use? ... "404 web page unavailable" on my computer.

That means you haven't connected to the KRP. If you can ping the KRP address you should be set. You don't need to use IE to check the hours.
The FAQ assumes you have DHCP running or that you know how to set up networking appropriately.
post #4957 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 04:08 AM

I know that not many ppl have the IFCc settings on their 500m yet. I was wondering if and when someone gets their set professionally calibrated, or maybe turbe or dnice do it themselves and post their settings for IFCC; If I do controlcal and input those into my 500m would it make a big difference to have someone come out and calibrate my set even further? I know every ones set and rooms are different but would it still make a big difference? I have inputed D-nice's pure settings and it looks amazing! Even though sometimes its hard to turn on a movie like kungfu panda, with great quality, and switch between D-nices pure settings and the other more "vivid" settings. Some scenes like the night ones where in the more "vivid" settings theres more pop like the blue sky and such, but the pure settings look more natural, which I like. On my parents 6020 the Optimum setting, when you hold down the display button on the remote, displays a inqury field of things that the optimum mode changes due to room lighting and RGB statistics etc. Do we have this on your 500m????
post #4958 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidassdrummer View Post

I know that not many ppl have the IFCc settings on their 500m yet. I was wondering if and when someone gets their set professionally calibrated, or maybe turbe or dnice do it themselves and post their settings for IFCC;.......

well it won't be D-nice. He said he will not post his ISFccc settings on the avs forums.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #4959 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Is anyone else getting video delay with 24 Hz sources, but not with 60 Hz? My 500m delays a bit the video when playing 24 Hz. My receiver (VSX-01) can fix this, but I have to dial it manually, and then when I return my HTPC into 60 Hz mode the delay goes away, so I have to dial back the receiver.

My receiver's manual says something about auto-delay if the TV/monitor has and HDMI "lip-sync" feature. Anyone knows if these monitors have that feature?

EDIT: Never mind this one, it seems it's PowerDVD's fault. Damn Cyberlink.
post #4960 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 07:47 AM

Any 600M owners using a Dish 722 DVR? If so, do you know the TV code for the Dish remote? Also, is there any way to turn off the blue LED "on" light on the panel? I only see a way to dim it.
post #4961 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygylock View Post

i understand what your thinking - i was thinking the same thing - and i am sure its ok to watch movies with black bars after the break in - but also try to mix in full screen viewing also in between - that is what i am going to do - i only had my TV a week and loving it - since i am getting used to a FULL screen - it will seem strange to get the black bars once i am done with the break in - just dont over do it for long periods that way - and every once in a while - there is a feature on the TV in the settings - which according to the manual should be used every now and then - dosnt say how long in between to use it - but i think it will help and prevent IR and burn in - it runs something for a HOUR - a video test etc. - i am not sure what it runs - i havnt used it yet - and dont see the need since its new - but i would think at least once ever 6 months maybe - would be a good thing -
post #4962 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

i understand what your thinking - i was thinking the same thing - and i am sure its ok to watch movies with black bars after the break in - but also try to mix in full screen viewing also in between - that is what i am going to do - i only had my TV a week and loving it - since i am getting used to a FULL screen - it will seem strange to get the black bars once i am done with the break in - just dont over do it for long periods that way - and every once in a while - there is a feature on the TV in the settings - which according to the manual should be used every now and then - dosnt say how long in between to use it - but i think it will help and prevent IR and burn in - it runs something for a HOUR - a video test etc. - i am not sure what it runs - i havnt used it yet - and dont see the need since its new - but i would think at least once ever 6 months maybe - would be a good thing -

Did you replace your '.' key with the '-' key?

It just scrolls a white bar against a black screen for an hour (or until you turn the TV off). I used it after playing video games or watching a channel like ESPN for a long time. It just tries to clear off any static images left on the screen.

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
post #4963 of 4963 Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Folks this thread is now closed and a new one will be started in it's place. You were asked not to discuss this patch as it is a for sale item by an AVS member and as such can only cause for issues, as you all have now seen. If you want to discuss it there are other places to do so and this issue does nothing but cause bad blood between members. If the patch were free then that would be a different issue but as it stands it costs and as such the marketing has become too much. Please do not challenge this issue, particularly publicly, as the post will be removed and further action taken.

thank you

woodrow
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page