The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 4963 Old 02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,286
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

Forum Sponsor Monitor Outlet sells both of them. I think they price them between the Elite and the XX20s.

This information is not correct, these are way more than the Elite. They actually got these in stock before they shut down the plants.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

This information is not correct, these are way more than the Elite. They actually got these in stock before they shut down the plants.

Do they have ISFccc?
ndisgii is offline  
post #33 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mkoesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 2,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's really too bad that these are still priced almost as much as a 101/141, even though they offer less features. If they were at 5020/6020 pricing I would definitely consider one.
mkoesel is offline  
post #34 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

It's really too bad that these are still priced almost as much as a 101/141, even though they offer less features. If they were at 5020/6020 pricing I would definitely consider one.

Are you sure about that? I was quoted about the same as the 151, and if it has the ISFccc, it would be a viable option IMO. Have you seen these pics of the KRP-500A poster by user "M5ster". I believe they are a bit above the 5020/6020 IMO. I have never seen anything like before in my life. His pictures start on this page about half way down, and he keeps posting up until now, with more rediculous images. They are stunning:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...20011&page=109
ndisgii is offline  
post #35 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
creemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can't understand why these have not been as publized as the 141FD's. They look to be similar.

Chris
creemail is offline  
post #36 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Are you sure about that? I was quoted about the same as the 151, and if it has the ISFccc, it would be a viable option IMO. Have you seen these pics of the KRP-500A poster by user "M5ster". I believe they are a bit above the 5020/6020 IMO. I have never seen anything like before in my life. His pictures start on this page about half way down, and he keeps posting up until now, with more rediculous images. They are stunning:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...20011&page=109

He's in Germany and has a European KRP-M.. For whatever reason, Pioneer wanted to change the firmware on the NA KRP-M Models and even keep the same Model numbers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

I can't understand why these have not been as publized as the 141FD's. They look to be similar.

Chris

very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #37 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,801
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

What custom installer market

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
post #38 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

What custom installer market

- Rich


Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #39 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

He's in Germany and has a European KRP-M.. For whatever reason, Pioneer wanted to change the firmware on the NA KRP-M Models and even keep the same Model numbers..



very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

Has it been confirmed one way or another if the North American versions have ISFccc yet? This is a make or break for me, and I am ready to buy now.
ndisgii is offline  
post #40 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
If confirmed means being told directly by my Pioneer Rep in Display Engineering, then yes.

If confirmed means having someone with access to a North American KRP-M's and trying ControlCAL to see if a ISFccc Interface can be accessed or even there, then no...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #41 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

If confirmed means being told directly by my Pioneer Rep in Display Engineering, then yes.

If confirmed means having someone with access to a North American KRP-M's and trying ControlCAL to see if a ISFccc Interface can be accessed or even there, then no...

Darnit...I was hoping for the later
ndisgii is offline  
post #42 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mkoesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 2,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

Seems like the 101/141 would be just as good for that purpose. Why would you go with a display with fewer features for a custom install?

If Pioneer made 5020/6020 monitor equivalent (that sold for 5020/6020 pricing) I'd seriously consider one.
mkoesel is offline  
post #43 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Seems like the 101/141 would be just as good for that purpose. Why would you go with a display with fewer features for a custom install?

My thoughts exactly... and no idea (honestly, I never even asked) why that decision was made. I don't think it matters anymore with Pioneer's recent change in direction...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #44 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Roberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering the 600M too since I can get it for just a bit more than the 6020. Has anyone done any side-by-side comparisons with the 6020 (or 151)? The fact that it has the "Pure" mode suggests its guts are closer to the 151 than the 6020. Any calibration settings available for this model?
Roberto is offline  
post #45 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,801
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

I'm considering the 600M too since I can get it for just a bit more than the 6020. Has anyone done any side-by-side comparisons with the 6020 (or 151)? The fact that it has the "Pure" mode suggests its guts are closer to the 151 than the 6020. Any calibration settings available for this model?


Has it been confirmed that this has ISF modes?

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
post #46 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Member
 
Roberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Has it been confirmed that this has ISF modes?

- Rich

I found this KRP-600M page on the Pioneer Australia website:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/H...s/KRP600M.aspx

That page mentions calibration "of important picture quality parameters such as colour temperature, colour saturation and gamma" and refers to ISF Day/Night/Auto settings.

So it looks to me like it offers the same calibration options as the Elites. Plus, you get a thinner panel. If you don't need a speaker or built-in tuner, then this looks like a pretty nice alternative. I'm just trying to figure out whether there are any downsides...
Roberto is offline  
post #47 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

I found this KRP-600M page on the Pioneer Australia website:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/H...s/KRP600M.aspx

That page mentions calibration "of important picture quality parameters such as colour temperature, colour saturation and gamma" and refers to ISF Day/Night/Auto settings.

So it looks to me like it offers the same calibration options as the Elites. Plus, you get a thinner panel. If you don't need a speaker or built-in tuner, then this looks like a pretty nice alternative. I'm just trying to figure out whether there are any downsides...

The KRP-M's for North America are different than the KRP-M's outside of North America (though they are similar). The Standard AV Selections similar to the NA Elite TV's but Pioneer has stated there is no ISFccc Interface on the NA KRP-M's..

You should buy one..

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #48 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Has it been confirmed that this has ISF modes?

- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

If confirmed means being told directly by my Pioneer Rep in Display Engineering, then yes.

If confirmed means having someone with access to a North American KRP-M's and trying ControlCAL to see if a ISFccc Interface can be accessed or even there, then no...



Who's going to be first? Get that cash out...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #49 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Newbie
 
jester2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Turbe, do you know if Pioneer is offering a KRP-600A model in the US (or is this just a european model). I've been offered a deal on a 600A here in the US but am trying to figure out if they mispoke and meant 600M or if there is indeed a 600A model as well, and if so, what the difference would be?
jester2 is offline  
post #50 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I don't think Pioneer has the KRP-A's (with media box) here in NA, the only other 9G model here besides the Elite, Elite Signatures and Non-Elites are the KRP-M's (NA Version).

I suppose someone could Import those. If it is a KRP-A, verify warranty status here in the US.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #51 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Newbie
 
jester2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

I don't think Pioneer has the KRP-A's (with media box) here in NA, the only other 9G model here besides the Elite, Elite Signatures and Non-Elites are the KRP-M's (NA Version).

I suppose someone could Import those. If it is a KRP-A, verify warranty status here in the US.

Thanks for the quick reply...actually i was told that it was without the media box & speakers - so maybe he really did mean a KRP-M.
jester2 is offline  
post #52 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Roberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

You should buy one..

OK, I just did

I guess I'll find out for sure about the whole ISF calibration issue soon. Given that it's intended for the custom installer market, you would think there would be at least *some* ability to calibrate it.

Looking at the manual, I see support for color temps and gamma -- and a "Pro Adjust" menu with additional color settings. It also has the "Pure" mode that Elite users seem to love.

With all that in mind, I figured it could only be a step up from the 6020, so I decided to take a chance on it. Wish me luck!
Roberto is offline  
post #53 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
no no, don't get me wrong, they can be calibrated with the Standard AV Selections (there is Pure)....

There are benefits to the ISFccc Interface but don't get the wrong impression, you can properly calibrate those Displays.

I'm sure you will be very happy..


Maybe my Rep is wrong (or Pioneer has shipped some European KRP-M's in).... great to know you pulled the trigger...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #54 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,801
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

OK, I just did

I guess I'll find out for sure about the whole ISF calibration issue soon. Given that it's intended for the custom installer market, you would think there would be at least *some* ability to calibrate it.

Looking at the manual, I see support for color temps and gamma -- and a "Pro Adjust" menu with additional color settings. It also has the "Pure" mode that Elite users seem to love.

With all that in mind, I figured it could only be a step up from the 6020, so I decided to take a chance on it. Wish me luck!

Great! Let us know what you think of it.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
post #55 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
creemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

He's in Germany and has a European KRP-M.. For whatever reason, Pioneer wanted to change the firmware on the NA KRP-M Models and even keep the same Model numbers..



very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

If thats the case then why did they release the 141?

Chris
creemail is offline  
post #56 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Member
 
Roberto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

no no, don't get me wrong, they can be calibrated with the Standard AV Selections (there is Pure)....

There are benefits to the ISFccc Interface but don't get the wrong impression, you can properly calibrate those Displays.

I'm sure you will be very happy..


Maybe my Rep is wrong (or Pioneer has shipped some European KRP-M's in).... great to know you pulled the trigger...

I'll just be happy if it arrives in one piece. I previously ordered a 6020 and it arrived with a completely shattered screen. But maybe that was fate's way of telling me to get the 600M

So once I get it, how do it tell if it supports the ISFccc Interface? Do I have to load something like ControlCal on my laptop and hook it up through the RS232 port?
Roberto is offline  
post #57 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
 
ROMAN O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nationwide Staples
Posts: 4,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

OK, I just did

I guess I'll find out for sure about the whole ISF calibration issue soon. Given that it's intended for the custom installer market, you would think there would be at least *some* ability to calibrate it.

Looking at the manual, I see support for color temps and gamma -- and a "Pro Adjust" menu with additional color settings. It also has the "Pure" mode that Elite users seem to love.

With all that in mind, I figured it could only be a step up from the 6020, so I decided to take a chance on it. Wish me luck!

Good job Now that these are out I think we will get more feedback that is positive.
ROMAN O is offline  
post #58 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,801
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Good job Now that these are out I think we will get more feedback that is positive.

Does this have the anti-reflective coating in the Elite or is it like the 5020?

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
post #59 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

So once I get it, how do it tell if it supports the ISFccc Interface? Do I have to load something like ControlCal on my laptop and hook it up through the RS232 port?

I guess we could test the 9G ISFccc Elite Monitor Display Profile (used for the European KRP-M's too).

Maybe some other things..

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #60 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,801
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

I guess we could test the 9G ISFccc Elite Monitor Display Profile (used for the European KRP-M's too).

Maybe some other things..

Yes please.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is offline  
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off