The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 4963 Old 02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

Forum Sponsor Monitor Outlet sells both of them. I think they price them between the Elite and the XX20s.

This information is not correct, these are way more than the Elite. They actually got these in stock before they shut down the plants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

This information is not correct, these are way more than the Elite. They actually got these in stock before they shut down the plants.

Do they have ISFccc?
post #33 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

It's really too bad that these are still priced almost as much as a 101/141, even though they offer less features. If they were at 5020/6020 pricing I would definitely consider one.
post #34 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

It's really too bad that these are still priced almost as much as a 101/141, even though they offer less features. If they were at 5020/6020 pricing I would definitely consider one.

Are you sure about that? I was quoted about the same as the 151, and if it has the ISFccc, it would be a viable option IMO. Have you seen these pics of the KRP-500A poster by user "M5ster". I believe they are a bit above the 5020/6020 IMO. I have never seen anything like before in my life. His pictures start on this page about half way down, and he keeps posting up until now, with more rediculous images. They are stunning:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...20011&page=109
post #35 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I can't understand why these have not been as publized as the 141FD's. They look to be similar.

Chris
post #36 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Are you sure about that? I was quoted about the same as the 151, and if it has the ISFccc, it would be a viable option IMO. Have you seen these pics of the KRP-500A poster by user "M5ster". I believe they are a bit above the 5020/6020 IMO. I have never seen anything like before in my life. His pictures start on this page about half way down, and he keeps posting up until now, with more rediculous images. They are stunning:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...20011&page=109

He's in Germany and has a European KRP-M.. For whatever reason, Pioneer wanted to change the firmware on the NA KRP-M Models and even keep the same Model numbers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

I can't understand why these have not been as publized as the 141FD's. They look to be similar.

Chris

very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #37 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

very little supply and in light of the recent news, the Resellers that have these don't have incentives to drop pricing.. In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

What custom installer market

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #38 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

What custom installer market

- Rich

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™

post #39 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

He's in Germany and has a European KRP-M.. For whatever reason, Pioneer wanted to change the firmware on the NA KRP-M Models and even keep the same Model numbers..

Has it been confirmed one way or another if the North American versions have ISFccc yet? This is a make or break for me, and I am ready to buy now.
post #40 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If confirmed means being told directly by my Pioneer Rep in Display Engineering, then yes.

If confirmed means having someone with access to a North American KRP-M's and trying ControlCAL to see if a ISFccc Interface can be accessed or even there, then no...

ControlCAL™

post #41 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If confirmed means being told directly by my Pioneer Rep in Display Engineering, then yes.

If confirmed means having someone with access to a North American KRP-M's and trying ControlCAL to see if a ISFccc Interface can be accessed or even there, then no...

Darnit...I was hoping for the later
post #42 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In NA, these Models are intended for the custom install market...

Seems like the 101/141 would be just as good for that purpose. Why would you go with a display with fewer features for a custom install?

If Pioneer made 5020/6020 monitor equivalent (that sold for 5020/6020 pricing) I'd seriously consider one.
post #43 of 4963 Old 02-14-2009, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Seems like the 101/141 would be just as good for that purpose. Why would you go with a display with fewer features for a custom install?

My thoughts exactly... and no idea (honestly, I never even asked) why that decision was made. I don't think it matters anymore with Pioneer's recent change in direction...

ControlCAL™

post #44 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 AM

I'm considering the 600M too since I can get it for just a bit more than the 6020. Has anyone done any side-by-side comparisons with the 6020 (or 151)? The fact that it has the "Pure" mode suggests its guts are closer to the 151 than the 6020. Any calibration settings available for this model?
post #45 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

I'm considering the 600M too since I can get it for just a bit more than the 6020. Has anyone done any side-by-side comparisons with the 6020 (or 151)? The fact that it has the "Pure" mode suggests its guts are closer to the 151 than the 6020. Any calibration settings available for this model?

Has it been confirmed that this has ISF modes?

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #46 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:

- Rich

I found this KRP-600M page on the Pioneer Australia website:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/H...s/KRP600M.aspx

That page mentions calibration "of important picture quality parameters such as colour temperature, colour saturation and gamma" and refers to ISF Day/Night/Auto settings.

So it looks to me like it offers the same calibration options as the Elites. Plus, you get a thinner panel. If you don't need a speaker or built-in tuner, then this looks like a pretty nice alternative. I'm just trying to figure out whether there are any downsides...
post #47 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I found this KRP-600M page on the Pioneer Australia website:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/H...s/KRP600M.aspx

That page mentions calibration "of important picture quality parameters such as colour temperature, colour saturation and gamma" and refers to ISF Day/Night/Auto settings.

So it looks to me like it offers the same calibration options as the Elites. Plus, you get a thinner panel. If you don't need a speaker or built-in tuner, then this looks like a pretty nice alternative. I'm just trying to figure out whether there are any downsides...

The KRP-M's for North America are different than the KRP-M's outside of North America (though they are similar). The Standard AV Selections similar to the NA Elite TV's but Pioneer has stated there is no ISFccc Interface on the NA KRP-M's..

You should buy one..

ControlCAL™

post #48 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

- Rich

Quote:

Who's going to be first? Get that cash out...

ControlCAL™

post #49 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Turbe, do you know if Pioneer is offering a KRP-600A model in the US (or is this just a european model). I've been offered a deal on a 600A here in the US but am trying to figure out if they mispoke and meant 600M or if there is indeed a 600A model as well, and if so, what the difference would be?
post #50 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't think Pioneer has the KRP-A's (with media box) here in NA, the only other 9G model here besides the Elite, Elite Signatures and Non-Elites are the KRP-M's (NA Version).

I suppose someone could Import those. If it is a KRP-A, verify warranty status here in the US.

ControlCAL™

post #51 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I don't think Pioneer has the KRP-A's (with media box) here in NA, the only other 9G model here besides the Elite, Elite Signatures and Non-Elites are the KRP-M's (NA Version).

I suppose someone could Import those. If it is a KRP-A, verify warranty status here in the US.

Thanks for the quick reply...actually i was told that it was without the media box & speakers - so maybe he really did mean a KRP-M.
post #52 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:

You should buy one..

OK, I just did

I guess I'll find out for sure about the whole ISF calibration issue soon. Given that it's intended for the custom installer market, you would think there would be at least *some* ability to calibrate it.

Looking at the manual, I see support for color temps and gamma -- and a "Pro Adjust" menu with additional color settings. It also has the "Pure" mode that Elite users seem to love.

With all that in mind, I figured it could only be a step up from the 6020, so I decided to take a chance on it. Wish me luck!
post #53 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

no no, don't get me wrong, they can be calibrated with the Standard AV Selections (there is Pure)....

There are benefits to the ISFccc Interface but don't get the wrong impression, you can properly calibrate those Displays.

I'm sure you will be very happy..

Maybe my Rep is wrong (or Pioneer has shipped some European KRP-M's in).... great to know you pulled the trigger...

ControlCAL™

post #54 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, I just did

I guess I'll find out for sure about the whole ISF calibration issue soon. Given that it's intended for the custom installer market, you would think there would be at least *some* ability to calibrate it.

Looking at the manual, I see support for color temps and gamma -- and a "Pro Adjust" menu with additional color settings. It also has the "Pure" mode that Elite users seem to love.

With all that in mind, I figured it could only be a step up from the 6020, so I decided to take a chance on it. Wish me luck!

Great! Let us know what you think of it.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #55 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If thats the case then why did they release the 141?

Chris
post #56 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:

no no, don't get me wrong, they can be calibrated with the Standard AV Selections (there is Pure)....

There are benefits to the ISFccc Interface but don't get the wrong impression, you can properly calibrate those Displays.

I'm sure you will be very happy..

Maybe my Rep is wrong (or Pioneer has shipped some European KRP-M's in).... great to know you pulled the trigger...

I'll just be happy if it arrives in one piece. I previously ordered a 6020 and it arrived with a completely shattered screen. But maybe that was fate's way of telling me to get the 600M

So once I get it, how do it tell if it supports the ISFccc Interface? Do I have to load something like ControlCal on my laptop and hook it up through the RS232 port?
post #57 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:

OK, I just did

Good job Now that these are out I think we will get more feedback that is positive.
post #58 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Good job Now that these are out I think we will get more feedback that is positive.

Does this have the anti-reflective coating in the Elite or is it like the 5020?

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #59 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So once I get it, how do it tell if it supports the ISFccc Interface? Do I have to load something like ControlCal on my laptop and hook it up through the RS232 port?

I guess we could test the 9G ISFccc Elite Monitor Display Profile (used for the European KRP-M's too).

Maybe some other things..

ControlCAL™

post #60 of 4963 Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess we could test the 9G ISFccc Elite Monitor Display Profile (used for the European KRP-M's too).

Maybe some other things..

Yes please.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page