The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

Soso, what I meant was if they were producing these monitors back in 10/08 in california, did they know then that it was destined for North American release only? especially that we all did not know that these models exist until very recently of this year......

now, who is a competent "modifier" that can help us out, we just need to find one.....

the panels are made in Japan, other various parts elsewhere and then those destined for the US market are shipped to California for final assembly, once they are shipped to the US obviously they are known to be for US release only. They probably had enough Signature monitors to meet demand and then started to produce the NA-M models out as less expensive option for the "custom installer" market.

Should not have been to hard for the software department to strip out the ISFccc feature and whatever other changes Pioneer decided they needed to make the NA-M different from the Elite Signature models.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

It wouldn't be surprising to see an authentic KRP compatible ISFccc enabled firmware get leaked to the public after Pioneer completely exits from the display business. Might be tough on the warranty though.

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #903 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
mfb

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xortam View Post

It wouldn't be surprising to see an authentic KRP compatible ISFccc enabled firmware get leaked to the public after Pioneer completely exits from the display business. Might be tough on the warranty though.

I'm not goiving up on the ISF capability for the 600M. Alex still owes me a few files...
post #904 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

yes, the breakin dvd will change colors approx every 26 seconds and it runs for 44 minutes. just set your player to repeat and check to see thats it does that then your good to go. you can run it when your home or when at work or straight through for the 150-200+ hours if you want to, whichever you feel the most comfortable with.

Evangelo actually said on his site that the dvd-r version of the copy, although the length appears to be 44 mins, the actual length should be 24 hours. I notice that I do not need to put in repeat, and it has been playing all this time, although, I am at hour 23 right now, We'll see if it stops soon......
post #905 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
mfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-home View Post

I have been running the breakin since Tuesday (Evangelo) to the 600m with a Denon 2500 and it has worked great. No pixel issues noticed so far. It seems to run for a long duration of time without a repeat, you can repeat though if not sure. No static and No menu sticking. Only issue is the you have to insure the TV is in the Sport with D-Nice settings, if you are like me and use it for a bit the TV will alter somewhat and go back to the defaults... probably my inexperience though.

Thanks for the feedback on the breakin. I also don't have any pixel issues.

I still have my 1140 for TV viewing for now. The 600M dwarfs it though...
LL
post #906 of 4963 Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfb View Post

I'm not goiving up on the ISF capability for the 600M. Alex still owes me a few files...

Glad I'm not the only one. Now, about those files....details???
post #907 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

If it is anything like the 660 you have to actually loosen the two screws on either side of the individual bracket, they should be just below the handle for the tilt. once you loosen them slightly it will start to free up at which point once you get it to a lock in point you can secure it with the notched screw. hope this helps.

It must not be like it. There is a rod that goes through it towards the bottom and it has a "hat" on each side to hold it in place. It can't come off. Peerless says it will move once t he TV is on it. It's tension loaded, but if there are 2 rods in 2 diff places, I'm no physics teacher but it ain't moving.

jimi
post #908 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Yes, this sounds something like what I remember. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and pryed the capped off pin out of the bracket, before realizing that what elite-home said was the case. I felt like an idiot after figuring that out...lol...so, long story short, the capped off pin that looks like it is keeping the arm from tilting, is not the problem. You must loosen some other bolts/screws a little bit, and then it will sort of rock/rotate/tilt back and forth.

Yes, I know that was confusing

So you know what I'm talking about with the caps. I loosened the racket handle and tried to move it but nothing. The other screw is also loose and it won't still move. Does the TV have to be on it?
post #909 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback on the breakin. I also don't have any pixel issues.

I still have my 1140 for TV viewing for now. The 600M dwarfs it though...

What are the square boxes behind the glass? They look like Sonus players but a little too tall? They your amps?
post #910 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

It must not be like it. There is a rod that goes through it towards the bottom and it has a "hat" on each side to hold it in place. It can't come off. Peerless says it will move once t he TV is on it. It's tension loaded, but if there are 2 rods in 2 diff places, I'm no physics teacher but it ain't moving.

jimi

If the two rods you are referencing are the Handle Rod and Hatted Rod then you are still going to be able to move the tilt has the handle rod going through has a slight groove opening in the interior on both sides of the plastic spacer, just fyi.

The hatted rod at the bottom is not intended to be removed at all, this is your pivot point for the tilt mechanism. the two small flush screws maybe 1/2" below the handle on either side of the bracket are what needs to be loosened. the 660 has them flush against the bracket and you need an allen wrench to move them while using pliers to hold the nuts on the inside of the bracket below the handle's bar that goes through to the other side. I have also found the third wrung out of 4 tends to be the best tilt angle for most of the client's we work with, hard part as you know is you wont be sure till you throw it on the wall.

If that is not the case please call Peerless tech support but I am pretty sure the design is the same except for the length of the brackets. In addition, if it has bracket extenders like the Sinus make sure you use all of them if you need any of them. Had a client not read the fine print and he almost lost his TV. hope this helps, sorry for the length.
post #911 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If the two rods you are referencing are the Handle Rod and Hatted Rod then you are still going to be able to move the tilt has the handle rod going through has a slight groove opening in the interior on both sides of the plastic spacer, just fyi.

The hatted rod at the bottom is not intended to be removed at all, this is your pivot point for the tilt mechanism. the two small flush screws maybe 1/2" below the handle on either side of the bracket are what needs to be loosened. the 660 has them flush against the bracket and you need an allen wrench to move them while using pliers to hold the nuts on the inside of the bracket below the handle's bar that goes through to the other side. I have also found the third wrung out of 4 tends to be the best tilt angle for most of the client's we work with, hard part as you know is you wont be sure till you throw it on the wall.

If that is not the case please call Peerless tech support but I am pretty sure the design is the same except for the length of the brackets. In addition, if it has bracket extenders like the Sinus make sure you use all of them if you need any of them. Had a client not read the fine print and he almost lost his TV. hope this helps, sorry for the length.

Ok I got it. Thanks. Nowhere in the instructions does it talk about loosening those two screws. I see how you can also do it on the fly with the rachet . I'm not going to use it though do to the weight. I think the third hole will work good too. the panel is about 48" off the floor so the center of it is about 65" off the floor.

I hope they come in this week from where I got it.

jimi

ps also big question. I have my 50" elite on the floor standing up against the wall till I hang it upstairs in our master in a few days. I have it on 2 layers of bubble wrap with the glass covered and facing the wall. It is as straight as possible without falling over. Is that ok?

or is it better to be on it's back?

also, I have no way of hitting 3 studs due to placement in the room. only 2 are going to work. is that going to be ok?
post #912 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Ok I got it. Thanks. Nowhere in the instructions does it talk about loosening those two screws. I see how you can also do it on the fly with the rachet . I'm not going to use it though do to the weight. I think the third hole will work good too. the panel is about 48" off the floor so the center of it is about 65" off the floor.

I hope they come in this week from where I got it.

jimi

ps also big question. I have my 50" elite on the floor standing up against the wall till I hang it upstairs in our master in a few days. I have it on 2 layers of bubble wrap with the glass covered and facing the wall. It is as straight as possible without falling over. Is that ok?

or is it better to be on it's back?

also, I have no way of hitting 3 studs due to placement in the room. only 2 are going to work. is that going to be ok?

The 50" the way you have it is fine, wouldnt put it on its back for extensive amount of time. having it upright is how they ship it so you are good there. With the height you quoted you just have to insure you have some wiggle with the viewing distance, we moved our furniture about 18"-36" back once we mounted the 600 where the 500 was. the wife didnt like the neck watching.

I was in the same situation with the studs and I currently have a Sinus holding the TV and it is snug enough to not worry. The 3 would be optimal but sometimes that just isn't the case. Truth be told I like the peerless mounts a bit better than Sinus, I just couldnt wait for it to arrive.
post #913 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 09:48 AM
mfb

Quote:

What are the square boxes behind the glass? They look like Sonus players but a little too tall? They your amps?

They are my custom amps. Two mono blocks (UCD 700s) and one five channel (UCD 180s).

Using the Hypex modules and a chassis from Hexateq.

Amp building keeps me off the streets...

Here are some pics.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #914 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would guess that by the time Pioneer is completely out and some possible firmware is created, early adopters of the KRP may be out of warranty anyways, with it only being 1 year warranty I think. Works out perfectly...lol...
post #915 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

For the stand, the KRP-TS01 is designed for both the 141 and 600M. No mention of the 151 stand (part #:AXY1212 and AXY1221) will fit either the 141 or 600M. However, I won't take that risk if I were you. It is unlike the speakers set. Worst case scenario for the speakers is you blow out the amp on the set. But for the stand, it is unthinkable.

Also, the stand is fairly cheap (less than $200) street price.

Soso,

Can you please PM me where I can purchase a stand for a 600M for such a good price? Thank you.

Michaelmorio
post #916 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelmorio View Post

Soso,

Can you please PM me where I can purchase a stand for a 600M for such a good price? Thank you.

Michaelmorio

+1. Everywhere Ive checked its 350+ even at many of the forum sponsors. Ive looked on ebay also.
post #917 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Im soo pist that my stupid 600m came cracked and now its out of stock until next week! Im close to canceling the whole purchase!
post #918 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The 50" the way you have it is fine, wouldnt put it on its back for extensive amount of time. having it upright is how they ship it so you are good there. With the height you quoted you just have to insure you have some wiggle with the viewing distance, we moved our furniture about 18"-36" back once we mounted the 600 where the 500 was. the wife didnt like the neck watching.

I was in the same situation with the studs and I currently have a Sinus holding the TV and it is snug enough to not worry. The 3 would be optimal but sometimes that just isn't the case. Truth be told I like the peerless mounts a bit better than Sinus, I just couldnt wait for it to arrive.

Cool thanks. I'm going to have to just use the 2 studs. My dads buddy who was my carpenter for my home said not to worry with 1/2" lags 4 is fine on 2 studs.

thanks for the help!

jimi
post #919 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are my custom amps. Two mono blocks (UCD 700s) and one five channel (UCD 180s).

Using the Hypex modules and a chassis from Hexateq.

Amp building keeps me off the streets...

Here are some pics.

Those are real nice. how do you like em'? never heard of either company.
post #920 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT View Post

+1. Everywhere Ive checked its 350+ even at many of the forum sponsors. Ive looked on ebay also.

make that +2 Soso. Please PM me as well. thanks.
post #921 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Im soo pist that my stupid 600m came cracked and now its out of stock until next week! Im close to canceling the whole purchase!

That has to be really frustrating for you. Was that your first or 2nd delivery try for the 600M? I got mine in good condition on first delivery but the the stand I order wasn't with it. Now I'm waiting for the stand which the vendor said will be another week. So my 600M just sits in the box waiting.
post #922 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

make that +2 Soso. Please PM me as well. thanks.

+3.

Did anyone ever measure all the dimensions of the mounting holes on 600m? I know width between the holes is given, but nothing on the vertical dimensions... like between the 2 holes and from the bottom hole to the bottom of the TV.

The Premier tabletop stand doesnt say it would work on a 60", but if the dimesions fit then it should work, right?
post #923 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888
make that +2 Soso. Please PM me as well. thanks

+4
post #924 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM

my 500M is up and running. Very nice set, and I used 2025A speakers as others did. Very happy with it.
post #925 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

I'll continue posting Signature comments in KRP threads and elsewhere as I see fit and as long as members mistakenly call the KRP "non-Elite Signatures" (which started this discourse) or that they're the same products. Not everyone knows that there's a difference between these product lines when they come across such statements. This isn't about some so called godly status but about product distinction. Readers should get the facts about what these products are and bad information needs to be corrected. I have an interest in Kuros of all types and I even wonder if I could find a use for a KRP-500M somewhere in the house.

this explanation does not reflect your previous posts at all. i think the other guy was right when he said the sig owners want to validate their purchase in the krp thread. ive had better deals come along just about every time i pulled the trigger. and i could give a rats rear about hand picked parts. if it doesent show a difference of whats being output on the screen, its vaporware for all i care. just be happy with your signature and let others be happy with basically the same set without isfcc at about two grand cheaper. lol. sorry i couldnt resist.
post #926 of 4963 Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustated View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888
make that +2 Soso. Please PM me as well. thanks

+4

+5 pls thanks
post #927 of 4963 Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

this explanation does not reflect your previous posts at all. i think the other guy was right when he said the sig owners want to validate their purchase in the krp thread. ive had better deals come along just about every time i pulled the trigger. and i could give a rats rear about hand picked parts. if it doesent show a difference of whats being output on the screen, its vaporware for all i care. just be happy with your signature and let others be happy with basically the same set without isfcc at about two grand cheaper. lol. sorry i couldnt resist.

Think what you want but you're wrong.

Buy what you want, I couldn't care less. I've been enjoying my Kuro for almost five months now (long before NA KRP monitors showed up). New displays come out all the time. Does that mean current owners suddenly made the wrong choice when they did? I waited many years to buy my HDTV (they haven’t been good enough until recently). I considered waiting for the 10G but decided to jump in with the PRO-141FD. Good thing I didn’t waste my time waiting any more. Would I buy a Signature monitor today versus a KRP monitor? Maybe yes, maybe no. I'm done trying to help the uninitiated understand what the product differences are, caveat emptor. The KRP fans don't need to fret.

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #928 of 4963 Old 04-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

And we were sooo slose to being back on track....lol....lets everyone take a couple of big 'ol deep breaths and give some big 'ol group hugs
post #929 of 4963 Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Think what you want but you're wrong.

Buy what you want, I couldn't care less. I've been enjoying my Kuro for almost five months now (long before NA KRP monitors showed up). New displays come out all the time. Does that mean current owners suddenly made the wrong choice when they did? I waited many years to buy my HDTV (they haven't been good enough until recently). I considered waiting for the 10G but decided to jump in with the PRO-141FD. Good thing I didn't waste my time waiting any more. Would I buy a Signature monitor today versus a KRP monitor? Maybe yes, maybe no. I'm done trying to help the uninitiated understand what the product differences are, caveat emptor. The KRP fans don't need to fret.

I have purchased, bought, and sold over 45 Pioneer TV's in the last 12 months as a dealer and fan with having had my turn at comparing each panel discussed in these forums, (without pro calibration). Truth be told there is a reason I personally own a 5020, a 500m, and now a 600m and it is not because I am cheap or looking for inferior product... it is because I had a real opportunity to compare and realize the difference if noted between the panels provided is minimal at best once you go past the 5020/6020 being compared to the other panels (500/600/141/151/111/101), most would agree the value of the panels across the spectrum is well worth the investment in them.

Sometimes it is important to consider the "best" value when deciding what to go with, and no matter what if I were to "need" another Pioneer in my home I would purchase nothing but the KRP. That is saying that without knowing what D-Nice will accomplish when he pro calibrates them all on Tuesday!!!

Remember, the KRP is the last panel to the dance from Pioneer with 9G for North America, they are still not even listed on the Pioneer website (only monitors are 101/141). Truth be told again wouldn't you agree that even Pioneer feels they are as close to one in the same that Pioneer did not list them independent of the Signature Panels on their own website, or was this a price issue for them also?

Now, when you put together the pricing structure of a 500/600 with the speakers and stand and the hdmi tuner your pricing structure would actually take you to a hair higher then the elite (111/151), again basic arithmetic tells me all of the panels have plus/minus but when compared honestly they are one in the same when it comes to the picture being displayed... and isn't this the reason we purchase such a TV anyway? with the elite who would really use the speaker and stand?... Maybe this is why Pioneer made a Monitor for us all!!!

Makes you think doesn't it?
post #930 of 4963 Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

sometimes bad things happen to good people... it is worth the wait if that is any consolation.
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page