The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #121 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

Rich, let's set this straight as I don't want mis-information flowing around.

I am the one who find the M series and Elite/Signature shared the same REPLACEMENT display panel parts where as the xx20 series use a different one.

1, I have NO information on the differences between the two display panel parts including "Anti-glare" coatings.

2, Replacement parts are for "REPLACEMENT". Pioneer may not use the same parts when they manufacture the M series. Nobody knows that as we can only guess.

3, Authorized dealers usually have more accurate information than anyone else although they are always in a conflict of interest positions.

I am just trying to get as much info. here as I could as well as contribute as much. Thanks.

1. The information I have from PM from the MOST trusted source is it has the elite coating.

2. The replacement parts re-enforced 1.

3. Yep. Dealers would prefer to sell their Elites right now and I do not blame them.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The non elites also lack color space 2. So if the goal is to have a display that is capable of reproducing the original content based on the REC 709 spec the non elites will be slightly off on the color points.

Probably not noticable if it is all by itself but if next to an elite you can pick it up.
post #123 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiscus View Post

The non elites also lack color space 2. So if the goal is to have a display that is capable of reproducing the original content based on the REC 709 spec the non elites will be slightly off on the color points.

Probably not noticable if it is all by itself but if next to an elite you can pick it up.

Does this apply to the 600M? I guess its not considered an elite, but it may share some of the Eilites parts, but thats still to be determined I geuss. Anyone know if the KRPs have Color Space 2?
post #124 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

+1. However, isn't AVSForum designed for splitting hair?

You got that right...

Too much or too little of information is enough to be dangerous...

Chris
post #125 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

PS - On that note, hey Roman O, have you by chance had all three of these sets setup side by side, and/or physically seen them all in person and adjusted correctly to compare fairly, or are you just calling them inferior for some OTHER reason ?

Rome is a good guy... I was just giving him a hard time.

Chris
post #126 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

All things cannot be equal because the 5020 lacks pure mode.

This has been discussed many times. I have a 5020 have adjusted it with ControlCal in Movie mode to have an accurate color temperature.
The 5020 can be very bright but once you correct movie mode, the other modes get even less accurate (blue). There is now way to achieve the brightness while accurate like the Elites. This is my gripe with my 5020.

- Rich

Rich, now I understand where you are coming from, I agree with you completely. Most discussion of PQ comparison is between the calibrated "Movie" mode vs. "Pure" mode. Some people still report good to acceptable result on other modes on their xx20 after ControlCal adjustment. I believe the M series in that regard is definitely better than the xx20 because color temperature can be individually adjusted per-mode according to the manual.
LL

HDTV Shootout:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #127 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM

I found in the 600M manual that this display also allows you to choose between colorspace 1 or 2.
post #128 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

Rome is a good guy... I was just giving him a hard time.

Chris

I know I know...

Its just not the first time that I have read something that he has posted and been thinking to myself WTF??? ....Just always seems to be sales based more than info based, but maybe its just me
post #129 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiscus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb11 View Post

I found in the 600M manual that this display also allows you to choose between colorspace 1 or 2.

I stand corrected.
Thank You
post #130 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:

So Roman O, do you agree the M series are better than the xx20 series from the PQ standpoint?

Yes I do. For me its xx20 than KRP than Elite. I am not sure why I cant have an opinion all of a sudden lol
post #131 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This has been discussed many times. I have a 5020 have adjusted it with ControlCal in Movie mode to have an accurate color temperature.
The 5020 can be very bright but once you correct movie mode, the other modes get even less accurate (blue). There is now way to achieve the brightness while accurate like the Elites. This is my gripe with my 5020.

- Rich

Two things that stuck out during D's 111FD review in comparison to the 6020FD.

Quote:

Colors had a liquid look to them,albeit not as fluid compared to the PDP-6020FD. This sometimes caused me to pay more attention to the PDP-6020FD............................Overall, I must confess that colors looked more life-like on the PDP-6020 due to its wider and hardcoded colorspace 1 color pallet. One of the perks of paying $1,000 (MSRP) more for an Elite over the non-Elites is the flexibility of switching between colorspace 1 (overstaturated colors) and colorspace 2 (which conforms to the HD colorspace). However, if you are stickler for accuracy, colorspace 2 on the PRO-111FD is the only way to go.

Chris
post #132 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb11 View Post

Page 44 of the Manuel:

5.3.7 Use CTI and Color Space
Use the Color Transient Improvement (CTI) and Color Space options to further picture enhancement.
To set the CTI and Color Space options, follow the steps below.
1 ) Access Pro Adjust through the Picture menu.
2 ) Select Color Detail from the Pro Adjust menu.
3 ) Select CTI or Color Space from the submenu.
4 ) Select the desired parameter.

Option Parameters Description
CTI Off No effect
  On activates CTI
Color Space 1 optimizes for vivid, vibrant color
  2 standard color reproduction

HDTV Shootout:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #133 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Yes I do. For me its xx20 than KRP than Elite. I am not sure why I cant have an opinion all of a sudden lol

Thanks Roman O. As I said before, I value all inputs from all forum members and especially authorized dealers'.

HDTV Shootout:
post #134 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I'm not sure why there is a rebate (and I've said this in the past), the KRP-M's in North America are like the KRP-M's everywhere else except they are not supposed to have the ISFccc Interface (basically firmware change) and in North America they are not considered Elites (probably for the warranty). I doubt the standard AV selections and options will be any different the non NA Models. Perhaps there are other minor changes in the firmware for the standard AV Selections and options but I doubt it. I'm sure we will know soon.

It would be nice if the ISFccc Interface slipped through and is available for the NA models..

IMO, it was a poor decision to keep the same Model names as the non NA Models. Another, is adding audio circuits to a Monitor.

They were not meant to be available for sale in internet or retail channels. They are meant for those who sell the 'package' - custom install, the full meal deal. Of course, we all know how that goes.. they are available in these channels and many of us take advantage of this type of thing...

Honestly, if you are considering any new Pioneer, it's time to get serious.. damn, that's a real tear-jerker... :~(

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #135 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

- Rich

Though I am interested in an 'M', it does seem like yo uare saying it can be both bright and accurate, but only in movie mode.(the 5020 that is)

Can't wait for a few of you to get these and report back!!
post #136 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

IMO, it was a poor decision to keep the same Model names as the non NA Models. Another, is adding audio circuits to a Monitor.

The EU versions have an audio circuit also.
Perhaps it has the same model number because it is the same model

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #137 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, I know, I posted this differences long ago (vs no audio circuitry in the Sigs).

It's a monitor, (KRP-M's, regardless of Region, actually there are only 2 Pioneer Regions, Global not including NA and NA), so IMO it should not have audio circuitry. Not a big deal...

Also, as I posted before, officailly it does not have the ISFccc Interface. IMO, it was a mistake to keep the same Model Names for NA when they don't have the same features.

The KRP-M's outside NA are the same model regardless of Regions, they are considered Global models within Pioneer (meaning that Australia would not have a different KRP-M vs the Europe and Asia, not the case with other 9G lines) and share the same Model Naming. Pioneer gives other Model series different Model numbers and naming in different Regions (though they may really be the same model).

ControlCAL™

post #138 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Just wanted to give everyone a quick stock update. Yesterday, it was looking like there wouldn't be any more M's in stock for a couple of weeks. But I talked to 3 resellers today and there are currently *some* available. Mine is apparently shipping today

Talking to one of the resellers (and I respect reseller's opinions BTW ), he speculated that Pioneer was clearing out their inventory of M's that were originally manufactured for the overseas market as they prepare to shut down their display business. That's why we're seeing such good prices on these panels.

Like Turbe said, if you're interested in a Kuro, it's time to get serious. There's only going to be a finite supply of these panels. When they're gone, they're gone...
post #139 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Check this thread out. Any inputs, comments, questions, and corrections, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1126267

HDTV Shootout:
post #140 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Check this thread out. Any inputs, comments, questions, and corrections, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1126267

Nice. As pointed out on the thread, the Anti-Glare (Standard/Elite) or som such could be added.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #141 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

turbe, Roberto, SoSo....nice guys!

Chris
post #142 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

SoSo, nice chart (I would like to post that over my way ).. also, the Signatures don't have the Color Sensor.

How about you label the M, M (NA) in the Column Labels?

ControlCAL™

post #143 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

SoSo, nice chart (I would like to post that over my way ).. also, the Signatures don't have the Color Sensor.

How about you label the M, M (NA) in the Column Labels?

Thanks turbe, I will correct the chart as stated. Thanks.

HDTV Shootout:
post #144 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

turbe, Roberto, SoSo....nice guys!

Chris

Hey now, how do I get on that list
post #145 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ndisgii, turbe, Roberto, SoSo....nice guys!

Chris
post #146 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You might actually have the first one. Then we can vote you in

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #147 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You might actually have the first one. Then we can vote you in

- Rich

+1 Especially if you post pictures and owner review and impression. You are definitely on the "Nice Guys List".

HDTV Shootout:
post #148 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

+1 Especially if you post pictures and owner review and impression. You are definitely on the "Nice Guys List".

+2 for RichB!

Chris
post #149 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Just added more stuff on the chart. Anyone knows the 111/151 have Drive mode and Blue only mode? It's on the Signature and M-Series but not on the manual of the 111/151.

HDTV Shootout:
post #150 of 4963 Old 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

lol...you guys crack me up! I feel better now

I dont know when mine will be here unfortunately. I cant remember if he said that it will ship out around the end of next week, or if I will be getting it at the end of next week. I think someone already has one on the way. I hope they get some pics and more info up right away and maybe just maybe even find that magic ISFccc in there...yeah, I know I know
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page