The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

Monday the 11th is the confirmed date of shipping. There is a slight chance of shipping tomorrow, but I give it about 5%. Two weeks after this shipment the next batch will ship. So if the first batch sells out, a new one will be right on the way.

so your saying pioneer is shipping to you on the 11th or you will have inventory to ship to customers on the 11th (600m)? are you getting your whole allotment on the reserve list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Monday the 11th is the confirmed date of shipping. There is a slight chance of shipping tomorrow, but I give it about 5%. Two weeks after this shipment the next batch will ship. So if the first batch sells out, a new one will be right on the way.

Thanks for the update Alex!

Can you clarify the whole "stand issue"? Is Pioneer now planning on shipping all of the KRP-600M's with the stands attached as part of the new packaging scheme? Mostly I'm just confused by some of the comments I've seen with regard to this issue ... I guess I'll be glad to have the stand since I'm not sure when my back-ordered KRP-WM01 will arrive (if ever) but I don't really need one ... I.e. is this going to incur a significant extra charge?

Casey
post #2073 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedom View Post

Thanks for the update Alex!

Can you clarify the whole "stand issue"? Is Pioneer now planning on shipping all of the KRP-600M's with the stands attached as part of the new packaging scheme? Mostly I'm just confused by some of the comments I've seen with regard to this issue ... I guess I'll be glad to have the stand since I'm not sure when my back-ordered KRP-WM01 will arrive (if ever) but I don't really need one ... I.e. is this going to incur a significant extra charge?

Casey

The stands do not come with the units. They are still sold separatley and will be hard to find after this batch of 600M's starts to ship. There were alot of back orders nationwide, so you may see the stands sold out before the screens do. The stands will either be attched to the top of the box or deliverd in a a two piece order, i.e not attached but delivered at the same time.
post #2074 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Alex,

Where are you getting this info from? I spoke to pioneer and 4 of there major distributors and NO ONE has any info on when the KRP models will arrive. How can a dealer know but not the distributor where you will be buying the tvs from? You will be doing the members a disservice by spreading rumors and not actually concrete fact. I think all of us wating for these tvs would like to know where this info came from since you seem to be the only guy in the country who has been able to get answers. You would think the distributor who is purchasing them DIRECT from pioneer will have more knowledge of the issue then the person who is buying from distribution and drop shipping to individual customers.
post #2075 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_Chris23 View Post

Alex,

Where are you getting this info from? I spoke to pioneer and 4 of there major distributors and NO ONE has any info on when the KRP models will arrive. How can a dealer know but not the distributor where you will be buying the tvs from? You will be doing the members a disservice by spreading rumors and not actually concrete fact. I think all of us wating for these tvs would like to know where this info came from since you seem to be the only guy in the country who has been able to get answers. You would think the distributor who is purchasing them DIRECT from pioneer will have more knowledge of the issue then the person who is buying from distribution and drop shipping to individual customers.

My boss worked for Pioneer for 10 years and is good friends with the guys in the higher offices. The thing with distributors is they are just like me, (the vedors who buy from the distributors), always getting the run around. They are trying to make this go as smooth as possible, but like always, it never works out that way.

I do get alot of inside info from some of the main people at Pioneer and this is the latest info that I have. If I get anymore I will post it as soon as I can.

Those people you are trying to get inof from may have, they may just not want to share it. That is what I am here for.
post #2076 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

The stands do not come with the units. They are still sold separatley and will be hard to find after this batch of 600M's starts to ship. There were alot of back orders nationwide, so you may see the stands sold out before the screens do. The stands will either be attched to the top of the box or deliverd in a a two piece order, i.e not attached but delivered at the same time.

Well, good thing my stand is already on the way, arriving on 5/12.

Now, just need something big and shiny (and uncracked!) to use with it...

^^^ Alex, I appreciate your updates. Though I guess nothing really matters until we have notice of shipments from our respective vendors. Gosh knows all of us are ready to get our 600Ms!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #2077 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Well, good thing my stand is already on the way, arriving on 5/12.

Now, just need something big and shiny (and uncracked!) to use with it...

That usually helps. Good luck with your delivery.
post #2078 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_Chris23 View Post

Alex,

my contact is telling me that my unit will ship possibly monday. Roman has panels already. all of the information posted by dealers in this thread do appear to be correct with what my dealer is telling me over the phone. no need to get bent out of shape about it. you should be happy these panels are finally starting to show up.
post #2079 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

my contact is telling me that my unit will ship possibly monday. Roman has panels already. all of the information posted by dealers in this thread do appear to be correct with what my dealer is telling me over the phone. no need to get bent out of shape about it. you should be happy these panels are finally starting to show up.

Yea it just depends on the dealers/distributors etc
post #2080 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 01:03 PM

Just FYI, so please don't shoot the messenger.
I got this info from my distributor yesterday. In my opinion it is vague, but it can help some of you who are thinking of pulling the trigger.
KRP-500M Quantities available through October
KRP-600M Quantities available through July
PKP-6020 Quantities available through October
PRO-101 Limited quantities available through October
PRO-111 Quantities available through May
PRO-141 Quantities available through August
PRO-151 Quantities available through August
Interpret it anyway you like, all I know is that this is info from Pioneer to some distributors
post #2081 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 01:17 PM

That is pretty good info above and I would agree but you just never know how fast they sell qty's exact etc
post #2082 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

That is pretty good info above and I would agree but you just never know how fast they sell qty's exact etc

I agree. These Pioneer units could last til the end of October or they could be gone by the end of next month.
post #2083 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:

I agree. These Pioneer units could last til the end of October or they could be gone by the end of next month.

lol one would wish that they would be around for as long as possible
post #2084 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

my contact is telling me that my unit will ship possibly monday.

I essentially got the same reply from same vendor - shipping Mon, Tues at the latest. Mine should come straight from the dist. in Compton, CA, shipped northward on I-5.

Hm, guess this info really belongs in the shipping/damage thread...sorry to stray off topic.

FREE TIBET! *
post #2085 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 02:51 PM

So has anyone else been looking for the Pioneer KRP-WM01 wall mount for the KRP-600M? Robert is trying to order one for me but has said that they're scarce as hens teeth. barring the KRP-WM01, does anyone else want to offer advice on possible wall mounts? I have no need for tilt functionality; I just want to mount it as easily and closely to the wall as possible (within Pioneer specifications of course).

Casey
post #2086 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Take a look at the SF670 from Peerless
post #2087 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I have no need for tilt functionality; I just want to mount it as easily and closely to the wall as possible (within Pioneer specifications of course).

Here are some old pix of my Peerless OneMount before I sold my 55" Hitachi. To even see the mount behind the TV, you literally had to be at the wall before you saw it. OK, maybe about a 10 degree angle or so from the wall...

Two of the attached pix show the point at where the mount itself came into view. The third pic was taken directly from the right side, so you can see about how far the arms place the TV off the wall. You probably want the TV closer, but the extra ventilation space - and access to cables/connections if needed - isn't such a bad thing.

Note that I had the arms set at a fixed tilt with a set screw, at about 5 deg. downward. There were three (or four?) fixed tilt positions using the set screw, or you could use the arms' wingnuts to tilt at any angle needed within its range. You can see the set screw just below the wingnut/arm in the side view pic...
LL
LL
LL

FREE TIBET! *
post #2088 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:07 PM

No one has had their 500M calibrated by a professional?

post #2089 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteam View Post

No one has had their 500M calibrated by a professional?

PLEASE take some time to actually read this thread
post #2090 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

So the answer is yes? and do you have a page
post #2091 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:47 PM

around 42 or 43.
post #2092 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

So the answer is yes? and do you have a page

User elite-home had his 500M, 600M and 5020 calibrated by D-Nice and a review was provided here. The post calibration reports are available 500M, 600M, and 5020 The post calibrations settings were provided 500M and 600M.

Casey
post #2093 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:

User elite-home had his 500M, 600M and 5020 calibrated by D-Nice and a review was provided here. The post calibration reports are available 500M, 600M, and 5020 The post calibrations settings were provided 500M and 600M.

Casey

THank you that was my point it was easy to help
post #2094 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Did anyone get a wallmount for KRP-600M Monoprice? How do I check which one is compatible?
post #2095 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma_cricket View Post

Did anyone get a wallmount for KRP-600M Monoprice? How do I check which one is compatible?

They make great mounts but I dont think they have one that works, you can call them and verify but in the past they did not have anything for the 60 inch Pioneers.
post #2096 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 PM

I've read the posts about the shortage of stands for the 600, KRP TS-01 I think, but has anyone found them in stock anywhere?
post #2097 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

I have read much of the 70+ pages...

To those who actually offered help... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Douglas

post #2098 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 06:49 PM

elite-home Thanks for the review of the 500M after calibration!

I see it may well be worth the extra $$$.

Great thread, folks!

post #2099 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma_cricket View Post

I got the articulating aluminum arm one. The brackets themselves arent wide enough horizontally nor vertically. I called a local metal shop and had them cut me a sheet of sheetmetal, 16gauge, 2 feet by 3 feet. In that I drilled holes the exact distance of the mount holes of the 600m, and holes for the bracket.

The bracket comes with spacers...i put the spacers between the sheet metal and the TV... bolted the sheet metal to the tv, and the bracket to the sheetmetal.

works perfectly, the sheet metal was $30 cut to size. If I was thinking id have had them drill the holes as well. 3/8" for all holes.

i'll get some pics if anyone needs.
post #2100 of 4963 Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunt View Post

I've read the posts about the shortage of stands for the 600, KRP TS-01 I think, but has anyone found them in stock anywhere?

you can order them from pioneer.com and ask for free 2 day shipping
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page