Panasonic 50PZ80u and the new models - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any idea why BBY is completely sold out of the 50" panny display? I was looking at the 50PZ80U and they said it wouldn't be back in stock until late March! When are the new models expected to be out? I'm afraid of ordering from them only to have the new model come out and they pull a switch on me (with a much higher priced new tv).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
.. 6ave; free shipping; doubt they'll switcharoo you.

add: B&H, Vann's & OneCall.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post

.. 6ave; free shipping; doubt they'll switcharoo you.

add: B&H, Vann's & OneCall.

I know. The 6th ave price is pretty good right now. Best buy was going to price match it, then went to see what was in stock and saw a 2 month back order. Meanwhile, lots of other retailers have it in stock. I found that very strange, especially as we get near the new models coming out. Is there an ETA on the new models?
post #4 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post

Does anyone have any idea why BBY is completely sold out of the 50" panny display? I was looking at the 50PZ80U and they said it wouldn't be back in stock until late March!

The new 2009 models are scheduled to be out in March. I seriously doubt it will take two months to replenish their stock of PZ80Us, it sounds like they're trying to scare you into buying a different TV now.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #5 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Panasonic is limiting stock, BBs in my neck of the woods are sold out as well. Certain models are already been discontinued. The Panasonics have been selling very well recently, at least around here, and orders for out of stock PPs are into March.

Generally BB can only do an order if they can get it, otherwise their ordering system will tell the salesperson that it cannot be ordered. At least around here if the product doesn't ultimately come in you'll get a full refund or offered a comparable model for better price than MSRP. Depending on their store price and management you might be sold a new model for around the same price but no guarantee.

Best Regards
KvE

PS Good Luck in tracking down one, have you looked at "Big River" yet? ;}

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #6 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There is still availability on the 50PZ80, but as they run out they will most likely discontinue. Another point for you guys, distributors can get large blowout specials from the manufacturer's. For example, they could be sold out on a 50PZ800 within a month. Suddenly, they will buy up more units 4 months from now. So anything is possible. But obtaining the 12G Panasonic's is what everyone wants. However, the pricing on the 11G could be more beneficial to some...

Chris
post #7 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I'm guessing that Best Buy is out and won't be replenishing that model. They'll bring in the new one in March and I'd be hosed. I can get the 50pz for sub 12__ locally so I'll probably go that route. I have no idea what the pricing will be on the new models but I'd guess it's quite a bit higher than that.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page