Pioneer KURO New Owner's Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 594 Old 08-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i didn't like my 111 at first but after running the break in slides and changing to the recommended settings, its starting to grow on me. i'll probably get it calibrated for my birthday in december and hopefully i'll be set for the next couple of years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 594 Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
^^^seems like you feel the EXACT same way i did. as i said, any help you need you could contact me anytime.
post #573 of 594 Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM

I tried connecting an external hard drive through the USD port on a PDP-5020fd. I navigated through the tv menu and selected the USB as the source. After it goes to the next menu, the tv 'appears' to look for files, but doesn't come back with anything. It just keeps showing the same icon which more or less means that it is searching for files. Is there a way out of this?
post #574 of 594 Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM

Is your USB drive formatted as FAT32?
post #575 of 594 Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM

Yeah it is FAT32.
post #576 of 594 Old 09-10-2009, 09:28 PM

I followed the settings for the break-in and have the slide DVD playing on the PS3 but there seems to be a black border all the way around the slide images. This doesn't seem right. Isn't the intent of the break-in is to break-in ALL the pixels?
post #577 of 594 Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandy23 View Post

I followed the settings for the break-in and have the slide DVD playing on the PS3 but there seems to be a black border all the way around the slide images. This doesn't seem right. Isn't the intent of the break-in is to break-in ALL the pixels?

No, it's not supposed to be like that. I'm not familiar with a PS3, but there should be a setting on it to go to full screen. ? If not, then you need to use a zoom setting on the TV to get to full screen.

God Bless,
-Clint
post #578 of 594 Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 AM

Good morning.... (i also posted this in the issues/settings thread, sorry for the repost, but am desparate for help).

As I have now been reading through 200 pages of this thread, I had also been working on the break-in with the thumbdrive since 5:45pm last night until about 11:00pm.

I went to check on the panel to make sure the images were still progressing as i have throughout the evening.

I am now seeing a hair-thin thick line running the entire width of the panel about 5 inches up from the bottom.

I discontinued the use of the thumbdrive, changed to the factory pure settings, connected my hdmi cable from the Cox box, and turned to the HD channel showing the nfl football game and the line is still there. i went to a few other channels and it is still there.

I turned it all off, waited 5 minutes and then turned it back on it is still there.

Any thoughts??

Is the panel defective? Looking forward, if i have to fight the store or pioneer to get this replaced (since its been only 2 days), is there any data that can be pulled from the panel (using calcontrol or any other diagnostic software) that would show that i changed the sport settings and was running the breakin images?? I know it can show the total run time, but what about anything else that i could get blamed for and screw me out of a replacement panel??

thanks in advance for the help!

out-------> renrutt
post #579 of 594 Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Well, I had the dvd playing on the PS3 with the tv set to wide 1 but there was still a small gap at the top and bottom of the screen. That ran for about 18 hours. Then I tried running the slide show using the thumbdrive through the PS3 and got the full screen slide show with the tv set to full1. All is good now, btw.

Thanks
post #580 of 594 Old 09-27-2009, 05:20 AM

I posted this in another thread but this is my $0.02 for the newbee owners:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I got the 151FD about 6 weeks ago for bedroom; I also have a commercial 65" Panasonic(11UK) in the family room to compare.I have tried to record and watch same HD and SD programming and Blurays' on both TV's for A-B comparisons.

Pioneer really shines under ISF modes with a depth and 3-dimensionality to the picture not seen in other TV's.

If you get the 151, you must unlock the ISF modes using CONTROLCAL or by a calibrator. Even with the 150 Hr. break-in and the settings from AVS, other picture modes were OK, nothing special. But once I unlocked the ISF modes, the picture quality went up several notches to uncomparable. And this is prior to any calibration as my ISF mode settings are entirely default.

I can't bear to use any other mode now due to dramatically superior PQ in ISF modes. IMHO, anyone using Elite 151FD without trying ISF modes is missing the full enjoyment of the TV.

Also, since you are going to use the TV speakers, the Pio elites have the best in-built speakers of any TV I have seen or read about (perhaps a B&O plasma may be better). Pio speakers have 36 watts output with well spaced speakers. For comparison, the new top-of-the-line Panasonic 65V10 has 20 watt sound output and has been described to have a "Tinny" sound.

My panel from BB/MHT has been perfect with no buzz or Pixel problems. Heat and power consumption are not issues at all in my experience.
post #581 of 594 Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 AM

Has anyone used CyberClean to remove the dust of the acrylic bezel of a PRO111FD or PDP-5020FD?
post #582 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Hi I will be picking up my new 151FD shortly but need to get a Blu-ray player. Well, actually I already have a PS3, which I intend to hook up to the 151FD as well, but frankly it's a bit cumbersome for anyone other than myself to watch movies and such, so I am looking to see if there is a "preferred" Blu-ray player that folks like to get with their Kuros. Any suggestions?
post #583 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstoll View Post

Hi I will be picking up my new 151FD shortly but need to get a Blu-ray player. Well, actually I already have a PS3, which I intend to hook up to the 151FD as well, but frankly it's a bit cumbersome for anyone other than myself to watch movies and such, so I am looking to see if there is a "preferred" Blu-ray player that folks like to get with their Kuros. Any suggestions?

The Elite BDP-23FD is a great fit. Excellent PQ and SQ (also has Analog 7.1 decode and output), and street price is greatly reduced from MSRP.

No streaming (ala Netflix) capability, but I use TiVo HD for that.
post #584 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oppo BDP-83
post #585 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Management View Post

Oppo BDP-83

+1

I retired my PS3, when the -83 came out.

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #586 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom V View Post

The Elite BDP-23FD is a great fit. Excellent PQ and SQ (also has Analog 7.1 decode and output), and street price is greatly reduced from MSRP.

No streaming (ala Netflix) capability, but I use TiVo HD for that.

+1 on the 23FD
post #587 of 594 Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM

On a side note, does anyone know what kind of video processor is in the 23FD? Is it the same Anchor Bay ABT1015 chip that's used in their receivers (VSX-2xTXH)?
post #588 of 594 Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Excited that I purchased the set of my dreams!! 151 FD arrived yesterday from my local small, quaint, yet extremely knowledgeable dealer. I purchased the display set, as it was the last available in my city, at the discounted price of $3200 cdn taxes and delivery/install included. The set has 251 hours on it, and has been run exclusively in PURE setting. My question for the forum is: I now require a BD player, and have narrowed to;

Oppo 83
PS3
BDP05

The player needs to do it all, and do it well....

opinions???

iceclimber
post #589 of 594 Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I now require a BD player, and have narrowed to;

Oppo 83
PS3
BDP05

OPPO....all the way...especially if you have a large collection of SD movies....

The upscaling chip in the OPPO is fantastic!
post #590 of 594 Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceclimber View Post

Excited that I purchased the set of my dreams!! 151 FD arrived yesterday from my local small, quaint, yet extremely knowledgeable dealer. I purchased the display set, as it was the last available in my city, at the discounted price of $3200 cdn taxes and delivery/install included. The set has 251 hours on it, and has been run exclusively in PURE setting. My question for the forum is: I now require a BD player, and have narrowed to;

Oppo 83
PS3
BDP05

The player needs to do it all, and do it well....

opinions???

iceclimber

If by "all" you are including BD-Live... the BDP-05FD should be eliminated. It is only a Profile 1.1 machine, without an Internet connection or memory requirements and cannot be upgraded to Profile 2.0.

Consider the Elite BDP-23FD instead.

Note: Neither the 23 nor 83 will do streaming (plenty of other devices for that), but the PS3 does.

FWIW: I'm more than happy with my 23. Many people feel the Oppo is better. The PS3 serves dual-purpose as a gamer, and remains The target machine for Hollywood BD authors in terms of special graphic and BD-Live performance. Not sure about the PS3's audio capabilities though. Both the Elite 23 and Oppo 83 are first class.
post #591 of 594 Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM

thanks. I was leaning towards the oppo, but had also heard good things about the ps3. thanks for the opins!!!!
post #592 of 594 Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandy23 View Post

I will have to double check my screen, but I don't recall seeing these on my PS3 -> 101FD.
post #593 of 594 Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceclimber View Post

thanks. I was leaning towards the oppo, but had also heard good things about the ps3. thanks for the opins!!!!

However... aside from all the pesky technical issues... the REAL consideration should really be just how cool the Elite BDP-23FD's matching cobalt blue power and disc lights will look with your 151 !!!!
post #594 of 594 Old 02-22-2010, 04:01 PM

I know.....would look beautiful!!!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page