What I like most about the X1:
1. It's a Panny, which has a good reputation.
2. The price, which is less that 1K depending on where you shop.
3. 30,000 - 1 Constrast Ratio = better contrast detailing. My other HDTV is a rear projection LCD and the blacks and shadow detail are so much better on the X1.
4. The 600HZ refresh rate.
5. The number of HDMI inputs (3).
6. Energy Star certified means it costs me less to use it.
7. The ability to change the Aspect Ratios so I can remove the black bars.
8. The anti-burn in technology.
9. The way it views SD and HD content.
I do want some people to post some calibrations that they are using, as right now I don't have a good calibration disk.
Is this the absolute best TV for the money I'm spending? If my other choice is a Samsung, Vizio, or Sylvania from Walmart then I think so!
If I wanted to spend another $500 I'm sure I could get a lot better set.