The Official Panasonic TC-PXXS1 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 264 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7891 of 7902 Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As an update, the other box like the first one (I have two currently) does the same thing on occasion and needs to be power cycled...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

My vote would be to get a different digital adapter box from Comcast. Another troubleshooting step would be to temporarily hook up the cable box from your main room...I assume it's a digital HD cable box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7892 of 7902 Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh View Post

As an update, the other box like the first one (I have two currently) does the same thing on occasion and needs to be power cycled...
I found some relevant comments at this site; scroll down near the bottom of the page to where a paragraph begins with "Symptom 3".
Sounds like the techies at this shop think the problem is probably the HDMI cable - perhaps a bent pin or the cable is too long. Try calling these guys to discuss the problem your having.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #7893 of 7902 Old 11-08-2013, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the lead, lots of info to explore but I appreciate the link smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

I found some relevant comments at this site; scroll down near the bottom of the page to where a paragraph begins with "Symptom 3".
Sounds like the techies at this shop think the problem is probably the HDMI cable - perhaps a bent pin or the cable is too long. Try calling these guys to discuss the problem your having.
post #7894 of 7902 Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM

I'm having a problem with my Panasonic VIERA TC-P42S1, and was wondering if anyone where had any ideas.  I have an HPTC that I built to watch netflix movies and sometimes play a games.  Any help would be appreciated:

My problem is that I am getting massive screen tearing, when watching movies.  The tearing happens in all browsers as well as if I play movies locally through VLC media player.  I have previously used a Western Digital WDTV 1080p streaming box, which had no tearing issues at all.  I have also used a different PC in the past and did not notice any tearing issues.

I have done the following with little to no difference.

-Verified TV is at 1920x1080 @ 60hz

-Tried watch movies with windows Aero on and off.

-Updated firmware on TV.

-Forced vsync to be on through nvidia control panel as well as triple buffering and set pre-rendered frames to four.

HTPC Specs:

-Intel i5-2500k cpu

-8gb ram

-Nvidia GTX 560 1gb graphics card, most current drivers.

-Connected to tv by DVI to HDMI cable.

TV Settings:

-HD size set to 2

-Format set to FULL.

-Game preset.

I am most likely missing a setting somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

post #7895 of 7902 Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM

I'm unable to assign analog audio inputs to the HDMI input that I'm going to use with my home theater PC.

This is necessary because the PC is older and only has DVI out (for which I have an HDMI conversion cable, no big deal, but also no audio).

Anyway, I've made my way to Menu > Audio > Advanced audio. The last three items on this panel are HDMI 1, HDMI 2, and HDMI 3. I'm supposed to be able to select any audio input that I want to be associated with these HDMI inputs, but they are grey and disabled!!

I've just updated the firmware from 2.23 to 2.26 in the hopes that it would fix it, but alas, no joy. I read that years ago there were intermediate firmware updates, one having to do with HDMI audio, but those links are long since dead.

Does anyone have some insight as to why my Advanced audio settings (for the HDMI inputs) are disabled??

Thanks,

Jeff

post #7896 of 7902 Old 10-15-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Well, I can't believe I've had the S1 already for 5 years. It was my first and only plasma and it it going to be hard to let it go when the time comes. Everything has been great with the set, however recently I've noticed that the image retention has gotten a little worse. In my case, when I leave the guide/menu up for literally 10 seconds, it will retain the imprint for a few minutes. Not certain if this is par for the course with a 5 year old plasma, but that is the only thing that I've noticed so far. Hope to keep this set around a few more years.
post #7897 of 7902 Old 10-15-2014, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In a few days it will be exactly 5 years and 5 months of ownership of my 50S1. It's been a fantastic TV thus far.
post #7898 of 7902 Old 12-10-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH View Post
In a few days it will be exactly 5 years and 5 months of ownership of my 50S1. It's been a fantastic TV thus far.
Same here. Finally going to, after all these years, do better calibration of mine. Used some calibration disks but just received my i1 Display Pro. So learning how to use it with something other than a computer monitor right now. Now if I only understood the service menu options and what each does. Sure color calibration isn't going to be very accurate with the P50S1 as it only has a left to right slider for color unlike the generation that came after it which have individual red/blue/green level adjustments.

Chances are this is all pointless though as my family loves the Vivid setting. Go figure.

JR
post #7899 of 7902 Old 12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 70
You should look into getting the fix for your black levels. I did on my G10 and it made the tv look so much better. That 50 inch '09 model is affected by the black level rise and I'm sure it lights up the room with the lights off, my 54" did. Here's a couple threads with info about how to get the fix. Look for audiodane, he's the fellow that makes the unit.

The pros used to have to go into the service menu to calibrate since you have much more control in there but you can mess up a tv if you don't document the before numbers so you can revert back to them. Look in the cal forum for help with that.

Panasonic TC-P42G10, TC-P46G10, TC-P50G10, and TC-P54G10 Owner's Discussion Thread

Panasonic 11G/12G/13G black levels have seemingly doubled overnight?
post #7900 of 7902 Old 12-13-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
You should look into getting the fix for your black levels. I did on my G10 and it made the tv look so much better. That 50 inch '09 model is affected by the black level rise and I'm sure it lights up the room with the lights off, my 54" did. Here's a couple threads with info about how to get the fix. Look for audiodane, he's the fellow that makes the unit.

The pros used to have to go into the service menu to calibrate since you have much more control in there but you can mess up a tv if you don't document the before numbers so you can revert back to them. Look in the cal forum for help with that.

Panasonic TC-P42G10, TC-P46G10, TC-P50G10, and TC-P54G10 Owner's Discussion Thread

I "fixed" black levels on my 46S1.... a new tv every day !
post #7901 of 7902 Old 12-13-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

Excellent post, thank you. I went ahead and ordered audiodane's product.

XBOX Live GT: LOTION in BULK
post #7902 of 7902 Old Today, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH View Post
Excellent post, thank you. I went ahead and ordered audiodane's product.
This is great! I will have to order one for my parents who have the TV now.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic 42 Inch Fhd Plasma Display