post #301 of 1854 Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Eric,

It is good that this got worked out.

I have a 600M due in on Monday or Tuesday from VE. Hopefully, there will be no issue. I picked Value Electronics because of the excellent service I have received and have referred friends who have also had a great experience.

The 500M is a fantastic panel.

Good luck,

Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 1854 Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
guys, I finally found out why there are so many cracked panels. check out this article and the picture below. you just have to wonder, "was my tv ever handle this way?"

and they call this store specifically catered to AV junkies. they are a joke. imagine our 500m/600m being handled like this with the way pioneer packaged them.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5202695/spotted...-elite-plasmas
post #303 of 1854 Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

guys, I finally found out why there are so many cracked panels. check out this article and the picture below. you just have to wonder, "was my tv ever handle this way?"

and they call this store specifically catered to AV junkies. they are a joke. imagine our 500m/600m being handled like this with the way pioneer packaged them.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5202695/spotted...-elite-plasmas

WOW....All I can say is wow. That is insane...lol...
post #304 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 AM

Hi everybody, I'm new here and I enjoy all your posts. Reading this forum I found out about the new M series. I decided to order a 600M to replace my 5070FD and here's the scoop: waiting for #4 this week. Received 3 broken screen units so far. Unbelievable! The dealer was very nice about it and shipped new units the same day the broken ones were picked up. Very frustrating.
post #305 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anegrus View Post

Hi everybody, I'm new here and I enjoy all your posts. Reading this forum I found out about the new M series. I decided to order a 600M to replace my 5070FD and here's the scoop: waiting for #4 this week. Received 3 broken screen units so far. Unbelievable! The dealer was very nice about it and shipped new units the same day the broken ones were picked up. Very frustrating.

Sorry to hear that bad news and welcome to the forums! You now officially have the record for bad luck. I hope this one coming will finally be the one. This just put a hurtin' on the good column...

UPDATED!
post #306 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

there is supposed to be a delay in shipping them out after pioneer admitted the 600M were packaged poorly and supposedly they were planning on repacking any that were still in their distribution chain.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #307 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

there is supposed to be a delay in shipping them out after pioneer admitted the 600M were packaged poorly and supposedly they were planning on repacking any that were still in their distribution chain.

Who woulda thunk that Pioneer wanted to go out with a bang...or should I say crack...lol...j/k

I am glad to hear that they are trying to straighten out the situation and not leave the business on a horrific shipping/packaging clusterf_ck.
post #308 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:

so sorry to hear that. I hope pioneer learn their lesson, and is beefing up on the packaging. to have 3 broken panels during transit, is just some crazy news. I really hope number 4 is the charm.

you didn't happen to deal with the dealer in that picture did you? because that would explain a few things.....
post #309 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Could someone tell me of a contact, if available, for someone at Plasma Concepts on this forum?
post #310 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTTU View Post

Could someone tell me of a contact, if available, for someone at Plasma Concepts on this forum?

can't you email or call them?

there had been a guy posted on here from plasma concepts but not regularly and sorry don't remember his screen name. i think he noted his avs post as Bob, sorry not more help.

A lot of vendors who advertise/sponsor on avs but do not post often or at all.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #311 of 1854 Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

I'm hoping to make my final purchase decision tomorrow so I was hoping to reach someone today. I called, but they were closed already.

I'm just trying to figure out who to buy from. BTW, did anyone here who got a broken plasma buy from Plasma Concpets? I'm just trying to make sure if I find a broken plasma after the delivery guy leaves that I will be able to still get a replacement. Their policy about conceled damages is pretty vauge.

Nate
post #312 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm hoping to make my final purchase decision tomorrow so I was hoping to reach someone today. I called, but they were closed already. I'm just trying to figure out who to buy from. BTW, did anyone here who got a broken plasma buy from Plasma Concpets? I'm just trying to make sure if I find a broken plasma after the delivery guy leaves that I will be able to still get a replacement. Their policy about conceled damages is pretty vauge.

Its good that you are very cautious. That should help you in the long run. I would make sure to call and ask that very question to ALL places you are considering, and then go with your gut. I also do not know the contact for Plasma Concepts. Good luck with your purchase and keep us posted! Take care!
post #313 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ordered 4/1/2009... Delivered today intact, no cracks that I can see yet. (600m).

Shipped from NY, local truck MAY have had it on a palette, but by the time i got out there it was off of one and ready to be taken off the truck. I helped the guy carry it in and the box was in good shape...took a deep breath, opened, and sighed with relief. double checked w/flashlight.

wont get to fire it up until tonite
post #314 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan View Post

Ordered 4/1/2009... Delivered today intact, no cracks that I can see yet. (600m).

Congratulations (subject to inspection).

--Eric
post #315 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra View Post

is this a wrong way to place a plasma? When my delivery guy came he brought in the 151FD exactly like that. I was a bit hesitant and freaked out.So I ended up calling Robert and he said that it is ok.
Other than a buzz that I am dealing with, I did not notice any issues

truth is, I personally don't know if there is an adverse effect on delivering a TV like that. however, I do know that Pioneer did not suggest tranporting the TV that way, and it certainly does not say on the package box, that this way is a "good" way to transport the TV. I would think when you prop it on the short side, it could potentially have a more weighted mass, on either the right or left side of the panel, and it "may" not be good.

my panel was delivered the right way, handled roughly by the carrier company, and I have a buzz too. but I know if the driver deliver my tv like that picture, I would freak too!
post #316 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

Shipped from NY, local truck MAY have had it on a palette, but by the time i got out there it was off of one and ready to be taken off the truck. I helped the guy carry it in and the box was in good shape...took a deep breath, opened, and sighed with relief. double checked w/flashlight.

you may have made a serious mistake. post back after you turn it on.
post #317 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

I finally put in my order for a 600M and it should be shipped out tomorrow. I'll try to post my findings once it arrives here sometime early next week. Now I'm just looking for a stand for this.
post #318 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Congratulations on getting a good one. I will go ahead and add you to the good column since this is mainly a shipping damage tracking thread after all. Let us know if you have any problems tonight though. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

you may have made a serious mistake.

Depends on who he bought it from really. I wouldnt say its a serious mistake at all if he has 24 hours to inspect it. I havent heard many people mention problems aside from the cracked screens yet, which he seems to have checked pretty good. Hopefully all will be well.

Quote:

I finally put in my order for a 600M and it should be shipped out tomorrow. I'll try to post my findings once it arrives here sometime early next week. Now I'm just looking for a stand for this.

Absolutely keep us posted. From speaking with you multiple times via PM, you seemed very cautious, got plenty of info, and took your time to make sure this is exactly what you wanted, so I am sure you will be happy with it once you plug it in. It has an amazing picture! Keep your fingers crossed for a good shipping experience . I dont know what to suggest for the stand though

UPDATED!
post #319 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

is this a wrong way to place a plasma? When my delivery guy came he brought in the 151FD exactly like that. I was a bit hesitant and freaked out.So I ended up calling Robert and he said that it is ok.

Honestly, I am not 100% sure if thats ok or not, but I cant imagine it is recommended by Pioneer. I mean, they have packaging around all sides, so it should be ok, but I cant see that it would be advised. I could easily be wrong though
post #320 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

I ordered a 600m today as well. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long struggle to find a perfect one.
post #321 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousmatty View Post

I ordered a 600m today as well. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long struggle to find a perfect one.

Good luck with the shipment and please keep us posted. Think positive
post #322 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is NOT the way the boxes are supposed to be transported.
It may not be as bad as carrying it upside down, but it can cause damage.

The panel was not built to support its full weight on one side like that.

If the TV survived thru it, then it should be ok i would think. But leaning a panel over on its side puts alot of stress and weight on the side of the bezel.

The box clearly indicates which side should be up during transport/storage.

wHy So SeRiOus???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #323 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Honestly, I am not 100% sure if thats ok or not, but I cant imagine it is recommended by Pioneer. ]

its all over the boxes
post #324 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

its all over the boxes

I have to admit that I didnt take the time to read the box at all. I was too excited to get the box open to see my new baby, and totally forgot about it after that...lol.... Does the box say to keep the panel standing upright at all times? Cant really see on the posted pic?
post #325 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

I have to admit that I didnt take the time to read the box at all. I was too excited to get the box open to see my new baby, and totally forgot about it after that...lol.... Does the box say to keep the panel standing upright at all times? Cant really see on the posted pic?

Here you go 111 box pic for you
LL
post #326 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I recevied my 600M today in perfect shape with the new packaging

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #327 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

- Rich

Did you happen to snap any photos of the new packaging? I'm curious to see what pioneer added....thanks.
post #328 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb11 View Post

Did you happen to snap any photos of the new packaging? I'm curious to see what pioneer added....thanks.

Nope. I have already re-strapped the box.
My 500M did not have center support panel. If you get one with this panel, it is likely the new packaging.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

post #329 of 1854 Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Nope. I have already re-strapped the box.
My 500M did not have center support panel. If you get one with this panel, it is likely the new packaging.

- Rich

Okay...yep, my 600m didn't have one either, just on the ends. Hope this lessens the shipping risk for those receiving them.
post #330 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Here you go 111 box pic for you

Cool, thanks for the pic. Looking at that, I can only make out the words "Stack and Load Vertically Only", and I see multiple pics of it showing to not lay it flat. I doesnt seem to mention about transporting 'end on end' or show that in any of the pics either. I guess the "load vertically only" part kinda takes care of that question in a way, although you arent really stacking or loading, you are transporting, but thats just semantics I suppose. They obviously want it vertical, so I still wouldnt do it like they are on those dolly's personally. Thanks again for that pic!

Quote:

Congrats on the success. Keep us posted with some pics and such on the owners thread when you get a chance. Enjoy that beauty and take care!

UPDATED!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page