post #331 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Just figured I would start up a tracking thread for those that have bought Pioneer KRP models recently, especially the 600M due to its larger size and chance of being broken. As some may know, there has been a overwhelming amount of cracked ones arriving. Its getting hard to remember who has received a good and who has not. I dont want to clutter up the owners thread with it too much. Lets start an ongoing post that summarizes the results so far. Please reply whether good or bad, just so we can keep track. Thanks to all that participate! I will start it if you want. Just include what model it is, where it shipped from, whether it "had pallet" or "no pallet", condition of box it was in, and the results of the shipment. I'll start:

600M - Hauppauge, NY or Whittier, CA? - had pallet - box in perfect shape - screen cracked

***** 600M *****

Broken = 19
ndisgii, jfkrane, mlb11, blb1215, johnnyb05, pizzabob, mfb, rougebear, ndskurfer,
jaffo_botz, bash, pizzabob(#2), Jaffo_botz(#2), wrbanks, mrTapout, gortnacory,
anegrus, anegrus (#2), anegrus(#3),

Good = 26
roberto, bfdtv, flashjordon, essgee, jfkrane(#2), PBJunior2, bernito, mlb11(#2),
ndisgii(#2), SoSo, keyonman, mlmflip, link93, mfb(#2), johnnyb05(#2), Dean Prestholt,
rledington@comca, whimsy, tech freak, wilfred80, ndskurfer(#2), woody888, bigpaulp,
Jaffo_botz(#3), irfan, RichB,

***** 500M *****

Broken = 1
eelton,

Good = 8
essgee, chrisherbert, pizzabob, coffeemugg, dmichael, thepenguin99, williamtassone, Otokejr ,

Add me to the good guys! LOL

AIT with Central Air to assist and they were great. I live right by Scranton "the office" Pa!

jimi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

Congrats on the success. Keep us posted with some pics and such on the owners thread when you get a chance. Enjoy that beauty and take care!

Thanks.

I also received an unbroken 500M a few weeks ago. So you can add me to that list too

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #333 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Nope. I have already re-strapped the box.
My 500M did not have center support panel. If you get one with this panel, it is likely the new packaging.

- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb11 View Post

Okay...yep, my 600m didn't have one either, just on the ends. Hope this lessens the shipping risk for those receiving them.

My first 600M that arrived with a very small crack in the upper right corner *DID* have the additional support panel. Sorry - I didn't think to take any photos of the packaging. It was a sheet of cardboard with polystyrene foam "plugs" that supported the center of the screen from top to bottom to prevent flex. How the screen was cracked in an area under the thick top right polystyrene protective corner remains a mystery.

The outer glass panel was perfect, this unit's crack was underneath that in what I presume to be the plasma array. It made a lot of loud pops when plugged in and switched on.

This unit was manufactured in Jan 2009, shipped on March 26th and arrived on April 3th. Still waiting on my second unit...
post #334 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cool, thanks for the pic. Looking at that, I can only make out the words "Stack and Load Vertically Only", and I see multiple pics of it showing to not lay it flat. I doesnt seem to mention about transporting 'end on end' or show that in any of the pics either. I guess the "load vertically only" part kinda takes care of that question in a way, although you arent really stacking or loading, you are transporting, but thats just semantics I suppose. They obviously want it vertical, so I still wouldnt do it like they are on those dolly's personally. Thanks again for that pic!....

to avoid those semantic problems under one of those pics it also specifically states on the box .....

"Always transport and store in an upright position"

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #335 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Add me to the good guys! LOL

AIT with Central Air to assist and they were great. I live right by Scranton "the office" Pa!

Congrats! Enjoy it and get us some pics in the owners thread . Do you know if yours had the new packaging or not? I added you to old packaging list, but can change if necessary. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

I also received an unbroken 500M a few weeks ago. So you can add me to that list too

Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortnacory View Post

My first 600M that arrived with a very small crack in the upper right corner *DID* have the additional support panel. Sorry - I didn't think to take any photos of the packaging. It was a sheet of cardboard with polystyrene foam "plugs" that supported the center of the screen from top to bottom to prevent flex. How the screen was cracked in an area under the thick top right polystyrene protective corner remains a mystery.

The outer glass panel was perfect, this unit's crack was underneath that in what I presume to be the plasma array. It made a lot of loud pops when plugged in and switched on.

This unit was manufactured in Jan 2009, shipped on March 26th and arrived on April 3th. Still waiting on my second unit...

My panel also came with the cardboard center section that had numerous of what looked like foam bullets on it to close the space. I think this is normal and is not what the new packaging entails. We need photos of both to determine what is new and what is not it seems, because I am not so sure anymore. Hey RichB, do you know if you got new packaging and do you have pics. I am just curious what has (or will be) changed? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

to avoid those semantic problems under one of those pics it also specifically states on the box .....

"Always transport and store in an upright position"

Excellent...thats what I figured. I know I wouldnt haul mine around like that

UPDATED!....and added seperate lists for the 600M using new vs old packaging. BUT, we really need to get a handle on what is actually new . I will correct any mistakes I make plugging in the info as I get it.
post #336 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

-

Edit: I put this in the wrong thread.
post #337 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra View Post

are you sure that it is not OK to transport like in the pictures we have seen in the earlier posts.....I was told that it is alright to transport the kuro with the box sideways....

...ummm look it's not against any laws........except the laws of physics.

and since it's not a crime it's doubtful that pioneer would take away a dealership from that "high end" elite dealer in NYC just because they were high and couldn't read the directions on the boxes............~

you can transport, stack, handle them any way you want to and as long as it's not cracked then it's fine. it's just about the crack/damage concern it will not harm or do internal damage.

it's just a risk/% game and the least risk for damage is by transporting them as directed by pioneer, upright as posted clearly on the box and is just basic good common sense when dealing with a glass panel.

and again a high probablity that it is human incompetance somewhere in the supply chain that is causing most of the damages. Pioneer can repackage and help add some extra protection against even some of that and other problems such as potholes, stiffly sprung trucks etc etc and hopefully many more owners will get nice shiny working panels to enjoy.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #338 of 1854 Old 04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra View Post

are you sure that it is not OK to transport like in the pictures we have seen in the earlier posts.....I was told that it is alright to transport the kuro with the box sideways....

There IS a reason why they have the rather large "UP" arrows printed on the corners of the box! Unless it was Pioneer that told you that, you were told wrong.
The fact is, the way the box is designed to hold and support the TV, it is also only designed to be transported in one way and still support the weight of the TV.
post #339 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 AM

UPDATE: #4 also showed up with cracks in the corners. I give up and I'm getting a refund. In my opinion is the fault of careless shipping companies and Pioneer's bad design on packaging. The dealer has been more than helpful. On the last one they change the shipping company and also they made a custom pallet.
post #340 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anegrus View Post

UPDATE: #4 also showed up with cracks in the corners. I give up and I'm getting a refund. In my opinion is the fault of careless shipping companies and Pioneer's bad design on packaging. The dealer has been more than helpful. On the last one they change the shipping company and also they made a custom pallet.

anegrus, that is indeed unfortunate. I can't believe all 4 were bad, I wonder what are the total mileage of those panels, obviously, the farther they traveled each time, the worse it gets for the panels. sorry to know that you had to go through that ordeal.
post #341 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anegrus View Post

That's awful anegrus. I'm I to assume it came in the new packaging?
post #342 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 PM

Tomorrow is the big day!

My 600M from Value Electronics is getting delivered by AIT. I am cautiously pessimistic. They are only sending one driver and I have a very steep driveway. I was told that they only deliver to the door. We will see how this goes.

Update tomorrow.
post #343 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mine comes tomorrow morning as well. Will update when it comes.
post #344 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBear View Post

Tomorrow is the big day!

My 600M from Value Electronics is getting delivered by AIT. I am cautiously pessimistic. They are only sending one driver and I have a very steep driveway. I was told that they only deliver to the door. We will see how this goes.

Update tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management View Post

Mine comes tomorrow morning as well. Will update when it comes.

good luck to you both!
post #345 of 1854 Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
^^ I hope yours arrives safely. I'm this close to ordering a 600M, but am hesitant about any "assembly required" letdowns...

My fingers are crossed for you!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #346 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

UPDATED and good luck to those who have recently ordered! Keep us posted.

And on a side note, anyone adding to this post now please try and confirm if you have the new or old packaging and add that info to your comments. Thanks!
post #347 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

^^ I hope yours arrives safely. I'm this close to ordering a 600M, but am hesitant about any "assembly required" letdowns...

My fingers are crossed for you!

well you might have some time to think about it. seems the 600m inventory wont be replenished for a couple of weeks.
post #348 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

well you might have some time to think about it. seems the 600m inventory wont be replenished for a couple of weeks.

And I believe that may be why we havent actually seen one yet with the new packaging that is causing this delay IMO.
post #349 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And I believe that may be why we havent actually seen one yet with the new packaging that is causing this delay IMO.

well one respected avs member and a dealer told my my order would not be filled until the week of the 27th. id say that holds firm pioneer delays shipment again. im sure alot of people are getting the same kind of message when trying to get their hands on the 600's. please post your findings on when they should be filled. thanks in advance.
post #350 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

well one respected avs member and a dealer told my my order would not be filled until the week of the 27th. id say that holds firm pioneer delays shipment again. im sure alot of people are getting the same kind of message when trying to get their hands on the 600's. please post your findings on when they should be filled. thanks in advance.

Oh, I have no idea at all when the orders will be filled. I was just saying that I think the delay is because of the newer packaging. Also, I dont think that anyone that has recieved one already got the new packaging. There were a few people thinking that they got new packaging, but I dont think thats the case, since there is a current holdup for that specific reason.
post #351 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

You can add me as having received an intact 500M (to replace my cracked one). I posted this yesterday but it was deleted--perhaps because I mentioned the vendor?

--Eric
post #352 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelton View Post

You can add me as having received an intact 500M (to replace my cracked one). I posted this yesterday but it was deleted--perhaps because I mentioned the vendor?

Will do sir and congrats!

UPDATED!
post #353 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

just wanted to throw out there that the main online mega dealers have upped their price on the 600m. i dont know if this is a temporary happening because of the shortage due to repackaging, but its there. i havent checked with any avs sponsors so look out. i got one on hold with robert. i hope the price doesent change by the time he gets em in.
post #354 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

My 500M was delivered and I checked the screen with a flashlight but it appears not to be damaged. It is being mounted so I haven't turned it on yet.

So +1 for not having a cracked screen.

UPDATE: Perfect Condition. Turned it on and all is well.
post #355 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:

My 500M was delivered and I checked the screen with a flashlight but it appears not to be damaged. It is being mounted so I haven't turned it on yet.

nice, and congrats!
post #356 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

UPDATE: Perfect Condition. Turned it on and all is well.

Awesome news and enjoy!

UPDATED!
post #357 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Just want to update this thread with my 600M delivery experience.

The first one arrived crakced last week.
The second one arrived yesterday in perfect condition.

They were both shipped from Colorado. 1st one shipped from the dealer location, 2nd one directly shipped from the distributor.

Delivery company: www.saia.com

The 2 units were both shipped on a pallet and they had the old packaging, a sheet of cardboard with polystyrene foam "plugs" that supported the center of the screen from top to bottom to prevent flex.

Eric
post #358 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:

Tomorrow is the big day!

Update tomorrow.

Mixed bag. I meet the driver at the house and the first thing that he says to me is "this TV has had a rough time". Ugh. 3 big holes in the box. Won't let me open before signing but has marked the form "Box Damaged - Subject to inspection". Called Robert at Value Electronics and am assured that as long as that is on the form, we will be fine. Driver leaves.

Turns out I have the new packaging with reinforcement over the screen. The holes were on the back side away from the screen. I open the box and everything seems fine. No visible breakage. I used the flashlight test and don't see any cracks.

So I would like to plug it in but I am alone at home and standing in the middle of the garage. Can't find the plug while the set is in the styrofoam. Better not push it and do anything else until I have backup. That will have to wait for tonight.

Quick Tip: Do not remove the straps until you are where this will stay until mounting. The way the top comes off, there is no way to carry the box after that. I definitely did not plan to leave mine in the garage, but there it sits.
post #359 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Mixed bag. I meet the driver at the house and the first thing that he says to me is "this TV has had a rough time". Ugh. 3 big holes in the box. Won't let me open before signing but has marked the form "Box Damaged - Subject to inspection". Called Robert at Value Electronics and am assured that as long as that is on the form, we will be fine. Driver leaves.

Turns out I have the new packaging with reinforcement over the screen. The holes were on the back side away from the screen. I open the box and everything seems fine. No visible breakage. I used the flashlight test and don't see any cracks.

So I would like to plug it in but I am alone at home and standing in the middle of the garage. Can't find the plug while the set is in the styrofoam. Better not push it and do anything else until I have backup. That will have to wait for tonight.

Quick Tip: Do not remove the straps until you are where this will stay until mounting. The way the top comes off, there is no way to carry the box after that. I definitely did not plan to leave mine in the garage, but there it sits.

Can you please take pictures of the packaging if it is indeed new, so we can compare? Thanks!
post #360 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

im sure alot of people are getting the same kind of message when trying to get their hands on the 600's. please post your findings on when they should be filled. thanks in advance.

This morning I was told that the distributor's stock would be replenished the last week of April or first week of May.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page