Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Can you please take pictures of the packaging if it is indeed new, so we can compare? Thanks!

I will, but after thinking about it and reading back, I do not think that it is the new packaging. When I was talking to Robert, he said it was, but there was no center support at all. Makes me doubt more, how this set could have survived undamaged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 03:39 PM

As mentioned in the other thread, I ordered the 600M from a forum sponsor on the 13th (that's good luck, right?). Scheduled delivery is the 20th. The shipper is "Pilot" (no further info), but they couldn't say where it would be shipped from. I'll post more as the info rolls in.

--OCE
post #363 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
For what it's worth, I received my 500M in perfect condition.
post #364 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Add me to the list of a perfect 500m delivery. Was shipped by FedEx freight- came on a 53' truck w/ lift gate-

Came in the upright position, secured to a pallet- had everything in the garage ready to go- unboxed the 500m- connected the power and a hddvd player( my spare- easy to get to) and then struggled to find the power button- finally got it and powered it up- ran thru the set up menu and all was good-

My delivery guy was way cool- no problem waiting at all- he was pretty into it as well-

The 500m is a damn good looking panel and had the neighbor and the delivery guy drooling- until my buddy (helper) showed up in his GTR and stole the show- my bud thinks the packaging on the 500m is the same as his 111- he still has his box and is going to check-

Can't wait to finish the family room remodel and get everything going-

cheers Kevin
post #365 of 1854 Old 04-17-2009, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBear View Post

I will, but after thinking about it and reading back, I do not think that it is the new packaging. When I was talking to Robert, he said it was, but there was no center support at all. Makes me doubt more, how this set could have survived undamaged.

I want to wait to see some pics of a known new packaging to compare. I will move it to old packaging for now. Try and get some pics if you can. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Express View Post

As mentioned in the other thread, I ordered the 600M from a forum sponsor on the 13th (that's good luck, right?). Scheduled delivery is the 20th. The shipper is "Pilot" (no further info), but they couldn't say where it would be shipped from. I'll post more as the info rolls in.

Good luck sir. We are all rooting for you . The 13th huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1 View Post

For what it's worth, I received my 500M in perfect condition.

Excellent news and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink109 View Post

Add me to the list of a perfect 500m delivery.

Will do and congrats! And yes, the GTR is definitely an attention stealer

UPDATED!
post #366 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 12:24 PM

I finally was able to get my new 600M powered up.

Click.

Pause.

Input 5 HDMI. No signal detected
(forgive the paraphrasing)

no visible cracks. picture. no buzzing.

Someone please let me know if I am wrong, but I believe that means that I am all clear.

Pictures as soon as I figure out how.
post #367 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:

I want to wait to see some pics of a known new packaging to compare. I will move it to old packaging for now. Try and get some pics if you can. Thank you!

Pretty sure this is old packaging.

Take a look at the condition of the box.
Attachment 140103

Attachment 140104

Attachment 140105

Attachment 140106

Attachment 140107
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #368 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I finally was able to get my new 600M powered up.

Click.

Pause.

Input 5 HDMI. No signal detected
(forgive the paraphrasing)

no visible cracks. picture. no buzzing.

Someone please let me know if I am wrong, but I believe that means that I am all clear.

Pictures as soon as I figure out how.

It might be best to post this one over on the owners thread.

Quote:

Pretty sure this is old packaging.

Take a look at the condition of the box.
Attachment 140103

Attachment 140104

Attachment 140105

Attachment 140106

Attachment 140107

Thank you very much for posting the pics. That is the old packaging indeed. That is unbelievable how damaged the box is and your tv was ok...lol...wow!
post #369 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 01:11 PM

Hopefully this is better.

post #370 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That is unbelievable how damaged the box is and your tv was ok...lol...wow!

Maybe the holes gave it room to breathe.

DancingBear--yes, you're in the clear.

--Eric
post #371 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
...from VE earlier this morning. I finally jumped off the fence as this price is worth it to me. Though it won't ship for a few weeks due to the packaging upgrade. I will post up when it ships out and arrives, and hopefully it arrives undamaged. Now if I sell my current 55" Hitachi tomorrow via CL (potential buyer coming to demo), no movie/tv watching for a while on the main AV system!

Thanks to ndisgii
for starting up this thread, and for everyone's contributions - it's been extremely valuable info...

Fingers crossed!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #372 of 1854 Old 04-18-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

...from VE earlier this morning. I finally jumped off the fence as this price is worth it to me. Though it won't ship for a few weeks due to the packaging upgrade. I will post up when it ships out and arrives, and hopefully it arrives undamaged. Now if I sell my current 55" Hitachi tomorrow via CL (potential buyer coming to demo), no movie/tv watching for a while on the main AV system!

Thanks to ndisgii
for starting up this thread, and for everyone's contributions - it's been extremely valuable info...

Fingers crossed!

No problem at all and thanks for participating! Its nice to keep track of this kind of thing to really get a feel for whats going on. Good luck on your shipment. Maybe Pioneer will get it right this time . Make sure to let us know how it goes and get us some pics in the owners thread when you get her up and running. Take care!
post #373 of 1854 Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM

Please, add another successful delivery of 500M from Robert. Ordered on Monday and got it on Friday, right before we got hit by the 20 inches spring snow storm here in Denver Robert put Tip-N-Over indicator on the box, so I saw that box wasn't upright all the time and insisted on the full inspection, even though box itself looked good. Driver was cool enough to wait until I unpack, inspect panel with flashlight and even turn it on to make sure all is good. Carrier was R+L Carriers. Panel build date - December 2008.

Let the break-in process begin!!!
post #374 of 1854 Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradesuhov View Post

Please, add another successful delivery of 500M from Robert. Ordered on Monday and got it on Friday, right before we got hit by the 20 inches spring snow storm here in Denver Robert put Tip-N-Over indicator on the box, so I saw that box wasn't upright all the time and insisted on the full inspection, even though box itself looked good. Driver was cool enough to wait until I unpack, inspect panel with flashlight and even turn it on to make sure all is good. Carrier was R+L Carriers. Panel build date - December 2008.

Congrads. I received my 500M from Robert on Friday as well. Was in perfect condition and started my break-in. Hope your enjoying it like I am.
post #375 of 1854 Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

tomorrows the big day from AIT freight. 600m. Good luck me!
post #376 of 1854 Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradesuhov View Post

Got it and congrats!

UPDATED!
post #377 of 1854 Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I got my order confirmation from vanns. My 500m is being delivered Tuesday by FedEx freight. I hope it goes smoothly as my wife will probably be doing the inspection and signing. We just got back from vacation and I can't take another day off from work for a tv delivery (even though I really want to ). I am going to brief her tonight about the inspection and what to write on the invoice. It is curb side delivery but I am hoping she can slip the driver a tip to have him at least bring it inside the house. Vanns seems to have a good return policy but I hope I don't have to use it. My wife is going to try to test the set before the driver leaves but there are no guarantees that will happen (a toddler and a 1 year old make it hard ). Anyway, I will update on Tuesday but hopefully everything goes smoothly.
post #378 of 1854 Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I got my order confirmation from vanns. My 500m is being delivered Tuesday by FedEx freight. I hope it goes smoothly as my wife will probably be doing the inspection and signing. We just got back from vacation and I can't take another day off from work for a tv delivery (even though I really want to ). I am going to brief her tonight about the inspection and what to write on the invoice. It is curb side delivery but I am hoping she can slip the driver a tip to have him at least bring it inside the house. Vanns seems to have a good return policy but I hope I don't have to use it. My wife is going to try to test the set before the driver leaves but there are no guarantees that will happen (a toddler and a 1 year old make it hard ). Anyway, I will update on Tuesday but hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Good luck and let us know how it goes
post #379 of 1854 Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my 600M this afternoon from Saia. I ordered it from Dave in Phoenix on April 14 and it arrived at my house April 20 around 430PM in Louisville, KY it sat in the local warehouse over the weekend and the panel came from Mountain West Distributors. The box was in great shape and it had the old packaging inside. I felt pretty sure the panel would be in great shape as Dave went above and beyond by going down to the distributors warehouse and checking the panel out before he sent it to me. It is now hanging in my bedroom so nice to have a TV back in the bedroom after the Vizio popped after only 2 1/2 years. Wish everybody else the best with there deliveries.
post #380 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaycraft View Post

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my 600M this afternoon from Saia. I ordered it from Dave in Phoenix on April 14 and it arrived at my house April 20 around 430PM in Louisville, KY it sat in the local warehouse over the weekend and the panel came from Mountain West Distributors. The box was in great shape and it had the old packaging inside. I felt pretty sure the panel would be in great shape as Dave went above and beyond by going down to the distributors warehouse and checking the panel out before he sent it to me. It is now hanging in my bedroom so nice to have a TV back in the bedroom after the Vizio popped after only 2 1/2 years. Wish everybody else the best with there deliveries.

Congrats on the good delivery and enjoy that thing!

UPDATED!
post #381 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
My 500M arrived this morning via Fedex Freight (2500 mile from the retailer). The box was clean, the screen is not damaged and it works! Waiting for the stand to come tomorrow.
post #382 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Alright, my 600M should be delivered in just a few more hours via R&L Carriers. Just so I got everything straight, I need to verify any screen cracks with a flashlight and I should list any problems with the shipment on their sheet and make sure to still sign subject to inspection next to my name.

I'm assuming they will let me check it out completely before signing, but just in case they don't, what other steps should I take just to be safe?

Nate
post #383 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

My 500M arrived this morning via Fedex Freight (2500 mile from the retailer). The box was clean, the screen is not damaged and it works! Waiting for the stand to come tomorrow.

Congrats and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTTU View Post

Alright, my 600M should be delivered in just a few more hours via R&L Carriers. Just so I got everything straight, I need to verify any screen cracks with a flashlight and I should list any problems with the shipment on their sheet and make sure to still sign subject to inspection next to my name.

I'm assuming they will let me check it out completely before signing, but just in case they don't, what other steps should I take just to be safe?

You pretty much got it just right . Try your best to make them wait for you to open and inspect, and yes a flashlight will help you look for harder to see cracks. If they will let you power it on too, do it. If they tell you that you cant open the box without signing, dont not sign it until you write "Subject to inspection" on the paperwork first, or even make it more detailed with something like "Subject to inspection. Unable to open box before signing". If you find problems before signing, just reject the shipment and make them take it back right then and there. If you find problems after signing, call your seller IMMEDIATELY and get it straightened out with them on what the next step is. And finally, if you are lucky enough to get a good shipper that lets you do everything you want before signing, and you are super excited that you dont have to go through the headache of exchanges, and want to extend the driver a small monetary tip for his patience of waiting, nobody will hold it against you since alot of drivers are azzholes it seems...lol...Good luck!
post #384 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Got my 600m today. No cracks at all. New packaging. Box was in perfect condition. Havent turned it on yet because I ran into an issue. On the very right and left sides of the tv there are 2 arrows on each side. They stick out about a half of an inch and there is also a crotchet pattern going up and down the whole side. They have no texture and are flush with the glass. It seems like they didnt put the bezel close enough to cover these areas. Maybe I can try and push the bezel a bit but it doesnt seem healthy. Anyone else have this?
post #385 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousmatty View Post

Got my 600m today. No cracks at all. New packaging. Box was in perfect condition. Havent turned it on yet because I ran into an issue. On the very right and left sides of the tv there are 2 arrows on each side. They stick out about a half of an inch and there is also a crotchet pattern going up and down the whole side. They have no texture and are flush with the glass. It seems like they didnt put the bezel close enough to cover these areas. Maybe I can try and push the bezel a bit but it doesnt seem healthy. Anyone else have this?

I think I know what you are talking about with the little triangles and lines along the edges. I think that is normal and doesnt affect the image at all. Its just how its made. PLEASE post pics of the new packaging so we have a reference point. I dont think the new packaging has shipped yet??? Congrats on the purchase!

UPDATED!
post #386 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

sorry if this is the old packaging. To be honest im not really sure. This was between the screen and the front of the box.
LL
LL
post #387 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 03:55 PM

Who is Saia?

Thanks
post #388 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousmatty View Post

sorry if this is the old packaging. To be honest im not really sure. This was between the screen and the front of the box.

No problem at all. I was just surprised thats all. That does look like the old packaging, but until I see one that we know for a fact is new, I'll just stick it in the old column if you dont mind. Thanks and enjoy that thing!
post #389 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_dude View Post

Who is Saia? Thanks

it's a pretty big shipping/trucking company.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #390 of 1854 Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_dude View Post

Who is Saia?

Thanks

SAIA is a delivery company.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays