Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

3 for 3 on new 600M deliveries. I will have more updates on deliveries in the nest few days

Its always been a numbers game Hope this continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedom View Post

Thanks Alex. Yes, I have a lot of confidence in him as well. I think that these are hard times for everyone what with the whacky Pioneer supply problems and the recession ... I have to imagine that all dealers are suffering with inventory, cost control and fluctuating sales rates ...

Casey

very true
post #633 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPnBobcats View Post

I'm pretty sure, for whatever reason they are for the North American market ONLY and thus won't do multi-voltage.

All PIoneers are multi voltage auto not sure why KRP would be different
post #634 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Its always been a numbers game Hope this continues.

I hope so. To see more cracked units after waiting weeks and weeks while they repacked would put me over the edge.
post #635 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

FWIW, my 141FD has already shipped out of CA and has already arrived at the local carrier just north of me (~ 20 miles). Delivery is scheduled for Monday late morning, and I'm hoping that it arrives safely.

Well, some good news that hopefully translates over to the KRP shipments. My 141 arrived about 20 minutes ago, via Peninsula Truck Lines here in the Seattle area. The 141 was on a pallet, shrink-wrapped and secured in place to the sidewall. The delivery driver was great, very professional, and had no problems waiting around while I checked everything. Glass in perfect condition via the flashlight inspection, and powered up with the "No Input" message, indicating all was good to go (whew!). I have already started running the break-in disc...

If you are in the western Washington area and Peninsula TL is delivering your KRP, I hope that you have the same great experience that I had with them.

...and if the KRPs look exactly like the 141, this is one gorgeous TV, even with the power turned off...WOW! I now officially have no regrets in my purchase of this Pioneer plasma. My sincere thanks to Robert & VE for giving me the opportunity to own one of these amazing 9G Pioneers. If you are on the fence, just make the purchase (KRP, PRO, whichever) and never look back...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the 141 came in what I would consider original packaging type, at least per the pix posted throughout this thread of the 600M packaging. There was only a small indentation on one of the end's bottom corners, otherwise was in very good shape overall.

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #636 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought someone else had posted that and I had checked the PDF manual and was only able to find references to 120v, here.

Quote:

Flat Panel Display KRP-600M/(60”) KRP-500M (50”)
Number of pixels 1920 × 1080 pixels/1920 × 1080 pixels
Power Requirement 120 V AC, 60 Hz, 4.1 A (0.3 W Standby)/120 V AC, 60 Hz, 3.3 A (0.2 W Standby)
Weight 49.9 kg (110 lbs)/31.4 kg (69.2 lbs)

If this is the case I don't understand why they would have done this. Most stuff seems to handle it and it's not like it's a difficult or expensive thing to do.
post #637 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPnBobcats View Post

I thought someone else had posted that and I had checked the PDF manual and was only able to find references to 120v, here.

It states that on all their models and I have tested myself over seas.
post #638 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Well so much for the perfect delivery streak. A customer just called me and told me his 600M was cracked. Delivered via Fedex. Even after the repack it is still to good to be true.
post #639 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Sorry to see man it will get better
post #640 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry to see man it will get better

You know the saying "Like Sh** rolling down a hill." Another customer just called with a cracked screen.
post #641 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
i got a good feeling theres gonna be alot of folks who will never get to enjoy a 600m due to this crap. i also have a feeling i will be one of them. and those prospective buyers have to get in the back of the line, for those who recieved cracked units will get allotments first. and the numbers are already scarce. there is no sicker feeling than seeing a cracked 600m. you can just visualize the potential.
post #642 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Well I hope it gets better as its not good for anyone. I am crossing my fingers as I know how Alex feels and those calls are not fun
post #643 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I hope it gets better as its not good for anyone. I am crossing my fingers as I know how Alex feels and those calls are not fun

You are too right. Those phone calls are never fun. I am just glad they were both refused and now I can get replacement units out alot quicker. It would have been alot worse if they were not refused, as you know, that always prolongs the process.
post #644 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 05:26 PM

So Alex, are you sure that these two new damaged 600M's are with "The New Packaging"? Has anyone seen or reported on the new packaging?

Casey
post #645 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:

You are too right. Those phone calls are never fun. I am just glad they were both refused and now I can get replacement units out alot quicker. It would have been alot worse if they were not refused, as you know, that always prolongs the process.

Yup I always say check right away and refuse other wise not good
post #646 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You know the saying "Like Sh** rolling down a hill." Another customer just called with a cracked screen.

I think this one was me. I was pretty bummed, too Alex, but I know it will work out in the end.

I don't know if this was the new packaging or not, but it seemed like it. The piece of cardboard protecting the glass had an array of foam inserts in it to absorb any impact. I don't think I've heard of this before.

Anyway, hopefully my replacement comes soon. My 50" 9UK is already sold

Tim Vickroy

"Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil, is there?"
post #647 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post

I think this one was me. I was pretty bummed, too Alex, but I know it will work out in the end.

I don't know if this was the new packaging or not, but it seemed like it. The piece of cardboard protecting the glass had an array of foam inserts in it to absorb any impact. I don't think I've heard of this before.

Anyway, hopefully my replacement comes soon. My 50" 9UK is already sold

that was included in the origional packaging. i had the same thing on mine when it showed up cracked. might has well been real bullets. lol

Alex, can you clarify how the new packaging is different than the previous?
post #648 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Wasn't this part of the original 600M packaging? My 141 that was delivered today had the same inner cardboard/foam piece supporting the panel (see pix).
LL
LL
LL

FREE TIBET! *
post #649 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

It looks like I may have had the origial packaging, after all. That sucks, since I've been waiting over a month for the re-package. Oh well, hopefully the replacement will be here soon and undamaged.

Tim Vickroy

post #650 of 1854 Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

The packaging that mak99 shows in his pics is the same packaging that my 600M came in last week. It would appear many of the 600M's put on hold were not repackaged. Perhaps none of those units that had already been boxed up were repackaged, and only those units that had (or have yet) to be boxed up received the new packaging.
post #651 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delar View Post

The packaging that mak99 shows in his pics is the same packaging that my 600M came in last week. It would appear many of the 600M's put on hold were not repackaged. Perhaps none of those units that had already been boxed up were repackaged, and only those units that had (or have yet) to be boxed up received the new packaging.

That's an interesting thought, would kinda make sense from a logistical POV - though would be a shame if true. I know I'd be interested in seeing pix of the new packaging to see what improvements were attempted.

I know that I am not an actual KRP owner since I opted for the 141, but I still feel part of this "shipping damage" thread (along with valuable info from the KRP Owner's thread) since this is where my initial foray started into becoming a Pioneer 9G owner. And these two threads directly affected my ultimate decision to go the 141 route. I hope that my pix of the 141 packaging helps everyone better understand why so many damaged 600Ms...

FREE TIBET! *
post #652 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info
post #653 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Well, some good news that hopefully translates over to the KRP shipments. My 141 arrived about 20 minutes ago, via Peninsula Truck Lines here in the Seattle area. The 141 was on a pallet, shrink-wrapped and secured in place to the sidewall. The delivery driver was great, very professional, and had no problems waiting around while I checked everything. Glass in perfect condition via the flashlight inspection, and powered up with the "No Input" message, indicating all was good to go (whew!). I have already started running the break-in disc.

Congrats and enjoy!

Quote:

Well so much for the perfect delivery streak. A customer just called me and told me his 600M was cracked. Delivered via Fedex. Even after the repack it is still to good to be true.

Quote:

We are still getting a question mark on whether or not the packaging of the people getting them now are even the new ones or not. Do you know what the differences in packing are?

Quote:

Sorry to hear the bad news. From the pics and details listed, it really does still sound like the original packaging.

UPDATED!
post #654 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

called a few dealers this morning inquiring about inventory replenishments just out of curiosity and was displeased to find out that some of these dealers are actually not replenishing inventory because of the damages and the headaches that come along with it. seems some people think they are more trouble than they are worth. this is beyond ridiculous.
post #655 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM

well its part of the business and depends on each dealer.
post #656 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It looks like I may have had the origial packaging, after all. That sucks, since I've been waiting over a month for the re-package. Oh well, hopefully the replacement will be here soon and undamaged.

Some additional notes on my 600M packaging experience. The display came in a FedEx tractor / trailer rig. When the driver opened the roll-up, I noticed that the trailer was all but empty (only two boxes, including my 600M) and nothing was strapped down. The 600M box was upright, but was free to fall or slide around or whatever. And these guys don't exactly take it easy behind the wheel.

Tim Vickroy

post #657 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I received my 600M and it was fine. Checked it with a flashlight then a power up. Thanks to Roman and to his delivery man who waited patiently while I checked the display. He also plugged in the power for me since he knew right where it was located under the screen.

Still working on my front room where we just put in a new hardwood floor so it will be a few days until it is actually hooked up there.

From the pics here it looks like my packing was the same which is what the delivery guy also said when he saw it.
post #658 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 AM

whew Congrats
post #659 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 11:48 AM

600m arrived today. Large cracks noticed right away without the need of a flashlight. Cracks were all on the top end of the panal. Needless to say, package was REFUSED.

It had old packaging.

Driver had originally stoped at the wrong house, so not sure how well they originally secured it to the truck since it was already loose and ready to be moved in.

Plasma ordered from: Monitor Outlet
Shipping company: Pilot Air to Houston, TX

Spoke with Rich, new panal shipping out right away.

Thanks Rich, I know its not your fault.
post #660 of 1854 Old 05-19-2009, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman707 View Post

600m arrived today. Large cracks noticed right away without the need of a flashlight. Cracks were all on the top end of the panal. Needless to say, package was REFUSED.

It had old packaging.

Driver had originally stoped at the wrong house, so not sure how well they originally secured it to the truck since it was already loose and ready to be moved in.

Plasma ordered from: Monitor Outlet
Shipping company: Pilot Air to Houston, TX

Spoke with Rich, new panal shipping out right away.

Thanks Rich, I know its not your fault.

did your panel ship out of milwaukee? if it did i would back out immediately and look for another vendor. some vendors are purchasing 600m's from these guys as workarounds for their customers until they get their allotment. they all have the old packaging. milwaukee to houston is no picnic ride either. lots of stops and lots of chances for your item to get manipulated and moved around. if you can find a more repuatable dealer with a distributing warehouse closer to you, your chances of getting a properly working until will increase ten fold.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page