post #721 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

if it's broken i would not tip them. the end delivery driver probably did not break it but still you deserve to get a good panel them tip them when they return with a good panel.

But isn't that like refusing to tip the waitress for her great service because the chef cooked you something inedible?

I guess it depends on whether you ask the guy to do something that isn't part of his job, like help you unpack and hang it in the wall or something. Then a nominal tip and an offer of refreshment would be in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delar View Post

But isn't that like refusing to tip the waitress for her great service because the chef cooked you something inedible?

I guess it depends on whether you ask the guy to do something that isn't part of his job, like help you unpack and hang it in the wall or something. Then a nominal tip and an offer of refreshment would be in order.

well you can get it recooked or order something else and then tip the waitress. plus she doesn't make regular hourly wage rates...........

after my first 60" Elite came cracked the same guy delivered the second one and they sent a helper. He knew to wait the 10 minutes it took to unbox it, check the glass and power it on. i did offer them a refreshment while they waited and then i tipped both of them.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #723 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 AM

So close...

My 600M just arrived - cracked.

Shipped from Milwaukee, WI. Pilot Air, then William B Meyer (small truck). No pallet. Box looked perfect, but front right upper corner of screen had a HUGE crack, and the back corresponding upper corner of the panel was CAVED-IN. No flashlight necessary. Delivery guys were very patient and accommodating.

So disappointed. Placed my order back on April 6. Also ordered new cables via 2-day FedEx to arrive in-time today for nothing - at a cost of $50.00 extra for the FedEx.

By the way, the packaging did not look different from any of the ones I've seen discussed or posted thus far. I'm beginning to wonder what, if any, real packaging "changes" Pioneer really made.
post #724 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctwist View Post

So close...

Shipped from Milwaukee, WI. Pilot Air, then William B Meyer (small truck). No pallet. Box looked perfect, but front right upper corner of screen had a HUGE crack, and the back corresponding upper corner of the panel was CAVED-IN. No flashlight necessary. Delivery guys were very patient and accommodating.

So disappointed. Placed my order back on April 6. Also ordered new cables via 2-day FedEx to arrive in-time today for nothing - at a cost of $50.00 extra for the FedEx.

By the way, the packaging did not look different from any of the ones I've seen discussed or posted thus far. I'm beginning to wonder what, if any, real packaging "changes" Pioneer really made.

I ordered from monitoroutlet also on wednesday. been checking the status of shipment and its just now finally moving. thats two whole days pilot air took to set up the shipment and get it on the road. and if this ones cracked i will be highly pissed. if your going to take three times the normal rate to deliver an item you should also take the time to make sure it gets there in one piece. I called pilot to confirm that the item would remain on the pallet for the whole trip. im suspecting the 600's come off the pallet for the local delivery guys. ill be sure to call them when it gets close to them and make sure it remains on the pallet. sometimes you have to remind people how to do their jobs or they'll just go about it in the fashion that they please. hope your replacement comes in good next time. i swear this is like waiting a month a piece for a cracked panel and then you start all over again. heres to next month.
post #725 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

I called pilot to confirm that the item would remain on the pallet for the whole trip. im suspecting the 600's come off the pallet for the local delivery guys. ill be sure to call them when it gets close to them and make sure it remains on the pallet. sometimes you have to remind people how to do their jobs or they'll just go about it in the fashion that they please. hope your replacement comes in good next time. i swear this is like waiting a month a piece for a cracked panel and then you start all over again. heres to next month.

Thanks, I hope your panel arrives safely.

I had spoken with Pilot Air last week to specifically request that they keep the box on a pallet - unfortunately, there was no pallet when the panel was delivered by the local shipping company today (who had received my panel 5 days ago).

I'm anxious to get this panel of course, and waiting since my order on April 6th is a bit frustrating, especially since the delay was supposed to result in "better" packaging. Today's box and packing looks to be what's been described as the "old" packaging here. My guess is that even "new" packaging probably wouldn't have made a difference, since there was a pretty big indentation (really caved-in) on the back upper corner of the panel.

Now I just wait...
post #726 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:

So close...

i talked too monitoroutlet i week ago. they told me that new packaging is a urban myth. and from pictures i have seen here,there all the old packaging.
post #727 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

i talked too monitoroutlet i week ago. they told me that new packaging is a urban myth. and from pictures i have seen here,there all the old packaging.

Who knows thats why I never confirmed that and stated as a fact
post #728 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

Sadly true...

Did you also hear the one about if you forward Pioneer's email announcement about the "new" packaging to 10 AVS members, they'll send you a newly boxed KRP-600M for FREE!!!

Wishful thinking. I'd settle for just getting an undamaged KRP...
post #729 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, I hope your panel arrives safely.

I had spoken with Pilot Air last week to specifically request that they keep the box on a pallet - unfortunately, there was no pallet when the panel was delivered by the local shipping company today (who had received my panel 5 days ago).
I'm anxious to get this panel of course, and waiting since my order on April 6th is a bit frustrating, especially since the delay was supposed to result in "better" packaging. Today's box and packing looks to be what's been described as the "old" packaging here. My guess is that even "new" packaging probably wouldn't have made a difference, since there was a pretty big indentation (really caved-in) on the back upper corner of the panel.

Now I just wait...

thats effing horrible. they are going to get hounded daily if they try to pull that mess with me.
post #730 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM

I ordered a 600M from MonitorOutlet last week. It came today and the panel was totally cracked. Sigh.

I hope I can get anther one soon....
post #731 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:11 PM

You know, Pioneer should just allow us to do our own transport at this point ... (Of course that's easy for me to say since I'm only ~300miles from their assembly plant.)

Casey
post #732 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

thats effing horrible. they are going to get hounded daily if they try to pull that mess with me.

You might want to do this after your TV is delivered in one piece...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #733 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhuong View Post

yes thats right 600m!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmateoca View Post

Placed the order for the 600m on 4/13, just received the monitor on 5/20. As luck would have it everything is fine. No crack and the driver helped with powering up the screen and we were all glad to see the no-input image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma_cricket View Post

received my 600m today uncracked.

Quote:

my 600m just arrived - cracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennelm View Post

i ordered a 600m from monitoroutlet last week. It came today and the panel was totally cracked.

updated!
post #734 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

New shipping information. Pioneer will not allow there distributors to drop ship the 600M's panels from here on out, because of all the damages. All deliveries will be made by whom ever your vendor chooses.
post #735 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM

FYI, I ordered the stand for the 600M directly from Pioneer on Wednesday (at full retail), and just received a UPS tracking number. Now just hoping that the 600M (on the way from Monitor Outlet) arrives in one piece. . . .
post #736 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

New shipping information. Pioneer will not allow there distributors to drop ship the 600M's panels from here on out, because of all the damages. All deliveries will be made by whom ever your vendor chooses.

very interesting. I have not heard that but it cant be good for your distributors maybe I will hear something who knows.
post #737 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

very interesting. I have not heard that but it cant be good for your distributors maybe I will hear something who knows.

I just received the e mail about an hour ago from my main distributor of the 600M's.
post #738 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:

I just received the e mail about an hour ago from my main distributor of the 600M's.

Wow I guess Pioneer was getting many concealed claims and not against the shippers, that would be my guess. WOuld you agree?
post #739 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM

So Alex, what does this mean exactly? Robert told me that he had to search high and low for a distributor who had an unallocated panel and finally found one in Wisconsin. When I commented on the craziness of shipping a panel from Southern California to Wisconsin and then back to Northern California he said that Pioneer didn't want to do any direct customer shipments and that all shipments had to go through distributors. So is your news a change to that policy? And if so, in what manner?

Casey
post #740 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow I guess Pioneer was getting many concealed claims and not against the shippers, that would be my guess. WOuld you agree?

I would definatley agree.
post #741 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedom View Post

So Alex, what does this mean exactly? Robert told me that he had to search high and low for a distributor who had an unallocated panel and finally found one in Wisconsin. When I commented on the craziness of shipping a panel from Southern California to Wisconsin and then back to Northern California he said that Pioneer didn't want to do any direct customer shipments and that all shipments had to go through distributors. So is your news a change to that policy? And if so, in what manner?

Casey

He is correct on Pioneer not wanting to ship these direct to customers. Now when distributors get there new allocations, the vendor must find the source for delivery. Robert will take care of you no matter what. This is just what was email to me. I had asked for clear clarification on the matter, but have not received anything back yet.
post #742 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 03:15 PM

What it comes down to now and correct me if I am wrong Alex, you will have to deal with the shippers etc
post #743 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What it comes down to now and correct me if I am wrong Alex, you will have to deal with the shippers etc

Yep. In a way it is better because I can choose a shipper that I trust to get the job done. It means more work for me, but that is okay, keeps me on my toes. Since I am directly dealing with the shipper, unlike before when the distributor was, customer can confirm everything with me and I will deal with the shippers if there are any problems.
post #744 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Trust me I understand but there are for sure drawbacks, claims etc. Either way I just hope the numbers decrease in damages
post #745 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Trust me I understand but there are for sure drawbacks, claims etc. Either way I just hope the numbers decrease in damages

After the Phantom repack incedent I am not sure what is going to happen. All I can say is, thank god for shipping insurance.
post #746 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM

You guys are getting me worried here. I just ordered a 600M from monitor Outlet. Hope it arrives in one piece.
post #747 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post

You guys are getting me worried here. I just ordered a 600M from monitor Outlet. Hope it arrives in one piece.

if you trust your dealer there is nothing to worry about
post #748 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post

well monitoroutlet has confirmed with me on my order that the units do ship out sitting upright on the pallet. pilot freight has also confirmed that the units do ship on the pallets all the way to the local driver who takes it from there. there have been numerous orders with monitoroutlet posted on here and only one that i can think of has been reported to be delivered on a pallet. my suggestion is to find out where the local driver station is located and go pick that son of a bugger up before he/she manipulates the pallet. thats what i plan on doing.
post #749 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 PM

Wendy just sent me my tracking number for YRC. The KRP-600M is now on its slow way back across the country to me — presumably to arrive next Thursday with my KRP-WM01 arriving the day after via FedEx ... I'm crossing my fingers for safe delivery on the 600M ...

Casey
post #750 of 1854 Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 PM
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This does not apply to the 500M, at least not yet, correct?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page