Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 1854 Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Member
 
jfkrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
model: KRP-600M

shipped from: Middletown, NY

Delivered by Pilot Air, no pallet, small hole in side of box at 1 end, manf. 11/08

Result: I am happily watching the TV (still resting in box).


So for my first set, the driver lowered the box with a liftgate to the curb and then wheeled it on a dolly into the house. Box looked perfect, but set was cracked in 3 places.

Today, the driver (who happened to be the same driver who picked up the damaged set) lowered the set on an angle to the ground (I was dying inside!) and I had to carry the set with him up to the house. Since he knew about my prior bad experience, he immediately volunteered to open the box and examine the set closely. Luckily, the set itself was fine.

Set will be wall mounted tomorrow. I will try to post some pics n the owner's thread.
jfkrane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1854 Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dssturbo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA South
Posts: 5,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfb View Post

Anyone tried powering their cracked plasma?
I fired mine up last night. No pic of course and a wicked power supply buzz.
marty

yup, had big cracks in my 60" elite. but i was a newbie and didn't know it would buzz like that, i swear when i plugged it in and tried to power it on, it surprised me so bad i thought i was getting electrocuted, lol.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
dssturbo1 is offline  
post #63 of 1854 Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dssturbo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA South
Posts: 5,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

What do you mean had? lol Elites are still out there until they are gone gone

i meant you had such a good run of having no cracked panels getting to your customers..........and still do overall.

D-Nice caught it bad though with 2 cracked panels and a damaged frame on a third shipped through robert.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
dssturbo1 is offline  
post #64 of 1854 Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
 
ROMAN O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nationwide Staples
Posts: 4,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yea I know Its no one is perfect so these things just are not good for anyone
ROMAN O is offline  
post #65 of 1854 Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkrane View Post

model: KRP-600M

shipped from: Middletown, NY

Delivered by Pilot Air, no pallet, small hole in side of box at 1 end, manf. 11/08

Result: I am happily watching the TV (still resting in box).


So for my first set, the driver lowered the box with a liftgate to the curb and then wheeled it on a dolly into the house. Box looked perfect, but set was cracked in 3 places.

Today, the driver (who happened to be the same driver who picked up the damaged set) lowered the set on an angle to the ground (I was dying inside!) and I had to carry the set with him up to the house. Since he knew about my prior bad experience, he immediately volunteered to open the box and examine the set closely. Luckily, the set itself was fine.

Set will be wall mounted tomorrow. I will try to post some pics n the owner's thread.

Awesome news and congrats! Get us up some photos on the owners thread when you get a chance! Hopefully I will have the same luck on round two


UPDATED!
ndisgii is offline  
post #66 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Member
 
asap200x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems like all of the damaged sets are the 600Ms. Any reports of damaged 500Ms? I'm about to purchase one, just curious if I should be worried.
asap200x is offline  
post #67 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Member
 
PBJunior2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey All,

Score a "good one" for Roman and CEVA!!

600M - CA - with palette - perfect box - manufacture date 02/09 - perfect display

Must of came right from Pioneer with that 02/2009 date!

I've got it up and running D-Nice's 141FD break-in settings.

Awesome display!

Roman - Thanks again!!
PBJunior2 is offline  
post #68 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
 
ROMAN O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nationwide Staples
Posts: 4,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Glad Im on the right list Too bad these are gone from Pioneer direct so no PM's please on the KRP's
ROMAN O is offline  
post #69 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Member
 
carftopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Glad Im on the right list Too bad these are gone from Pioneer direct so no PM's please on the KRP's

What do you mean they are gone from Pioneer direct? Pioneer is not producing any more KRP's? I thought these were just introduced a few weeks ago?
carftopher is offline  
post #70 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
 
ROMAN O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nationwide Staples
Posts: 4,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This model is and was mainly for distribution to big distributors and then they resell them, that was my point I am just speaking for myself.
ROMAN O is offline  
post #71 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Mr. Abulia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dumb question: who is on the hook financially for all these broken sets? I hope the retailers don't have to eat the cost!!!
Mr. Abulia is offline  
post #72 of 1854 Old 03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
 
ROMAN O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nationwide Staples
Posts: 4,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Depends on MANY many factors, box condition, terms of the coverage etc etc
ROMAN O is offline  
post #73 of 1854 Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJunior2 View Post

Hey All,

Score a "good one" for Roman and CEVA!!

600M - CA - with palette - perfect box - manufacture date 02/09 - perfect display

Must of came right from Pioneer with that 02/2009 date!

I've got it up and running D-Nice's 141FD break-in settings.

Awesome display!

Roman - Thanks again!!


Excellent news and congrats! I hope my next one that comes in is ok before there are no more out there.

UPDATED!
ndisgii is offline  
post #74 of 1854 Old 03-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Member
 
johnnyb05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
iam still waiting for my 2nd 600m. friday the 13th was when cracked one was delivered. i wonder how many others are still waiting.
johnnyb05 is offline  
post #75 of 1854 Old 03-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
ndskurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My first one was here this past Wednesday (18th). Alex stated he was getting the replacement shipped the next day. I'm thinking mid to late next week, which I think is a very fast turn around time.
ndskurfer is online now  
post #76 of 1854 Old 03-21-2009, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Thursday shipment apparently arrived according to Coza, so my replacement shipped out yesterday (Friday). I should be receiving it this coming week for sure, maybe by Wednesday or so. We'll see.
ndisgii is offline  
post #77 of 1854 Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Newbie
 
bernito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the long overdue post. I bought and received a 600M from over four weeks ago and am located in CA. The monitor arrived in perfect condition, although I have been a shade nervous since. I was seemingly one of the first to receive the unit and did a quick visual inspection and everything seemed fine. I did not have the correct plate for my Peerless swing arm mount, so I did not mount and watch it immediately. The monitor is in my weekend home, so I have been agonizing since as I did not return until this past Friday. The set is fine, although I did not put it through its paces and only checked a few DirecTV HD signals. I can say that it is not surprisingly far superior to the PRO-FHD1 and PDP-6010, but cannot opine on a more relevant comparison with the 111/151 or 101/141. It has the best PQ of any plasma I have viewed, and is only surpassed by quality projectors. Given the price, the M series can't be beat unless someone (i.e. Panansonic buys the Kuro technology).
bernito is offline  
post #78 of 1854 Old 03-23-2009, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xortam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please don't duplicate posts bernito. Just reference your original post.

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
xortam is offline  
post #79 of 1854 Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post

Sorry for the long overdue post. I bought and received a 600M from over four weeks ago and am located in CA. The monitor arrived in perfect condition, although I have been a shade nervous since. I was seemingly one of the first to receive the unit and did a quick visual inspection and everything seemed fine. I did not have the correct plate for my Peerless swing arm mount, so I did not mount and watch it immediately. The monitor is in my weekend home, so I have been agonizing since as I did not return until this past Friday. The set is fine, although I did not put it through its paces and only checked a few DirecTV HD signals. I can say that it is not surprisingly far superior to the PRO-FHD1 and PDP-6010, but cannot opine on a more relevant comparison with the 111/151 or 101/141. It has the best PQ of any plasma I have viewed, and is only surpassed by quality projectors. Given the price, the M series can't be beat unless someone (i.e. Panansonic buys the Kuro technology).

Thank you very much for the post. I'm glad to see another one for the good column. I will update right away. Please post pics in the owners thread as soon as you get a chance. We should have at least 2 more to add to the list by Wednesday night. Fingers crossed and take care! Also, just ignore XORTAM. If he was a moderator, he would have just removed your post, but he isnt, so I'm not sure why he even wasted that bandwidth . Your post was COMPLETELY relevent to this thread, and again, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xortam View Post

Please don't duplicate posts bernito. Just reference your original post.

God forbid someone post a paragraph that they had already posted in ANOTHER KRP MODEL THREAD....lol...its relevent in both threads! Did you receive a good or broken KRP, or do you buy/sell/distribute them, so that you would have something beneficial to offer? If not, please go away.
ndisgii is offline  
post #80 of 1854 Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chrisherbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I received a KRP-500m today. I haven't been able to turn it on (can't get to the power button while it's in the styrofoam) but there are no visible cracks. I'm pretty sure it's fine, though I'll confirm when I'm able to give it power.
chrisherbert is offline  
post #81 of 1854 Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert View Post

I received a KRP-500m today. I haven't been able to turn it on (can't get to the power button while it's in the styrofoam) but there are no visible cracks. I'm pretty sure it's fine, though I'll confirm when I'm able to give it power.

Awesome news, and yes, please let us know once you get that puppy powered on. It appears that the major problems were with the 600M, but excellent news regardless, and I'll add you to the list as soon as you confirm. Thanks!
ndisgii is offline  
post #82 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chrisherbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Awesome news, and yes, please let us know once you get that puppy powered on. It appears that the major problems were with the 600M, but excellent news regardless, and I'll add you to the list as soon as you confirm. Thanks!

Okay, it's working fine.

500M - no idea where it came from - pallet included, box in good shape - not cracked, works great.
chrisherbert is offline  
post #83 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Member
 
Jaffo_botz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Received a cracked 600M this am. Shipped from a Disti in Wisconsin to me in MA. Arrived with no crate, box was perfect, no dings...but glass cracked in several locations upon delivery.

From new stock/shipment that arrived at the disti last Thurs.

Another going out today...stay tuned.
Jaffo_botz is offline  
post #84 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the updates guys! It really appears now that it doesnt make any difference as to where it is coming from, or if its palleted or not, or even the condition of the box unfortunately. It really does seem like a crapshoot and that the packaging must be lacking IMO. Looks like a cross your fingers type situation and it sucks royally. My luck be with all of us still trying to get a good one .

UPDATING!
ndisgii is offline  
post #85 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
SoSo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hope I will be in the good column. ndisgii, when is yours coming in? I thought is today, No?
SoSo is offline  
post #86 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Member
 
mlb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Check my post on the owner's thread but here are the details:

600M, build date Jan. 2009, from Wisconsin, box, bezel, screen perfect. no pallet.

Also, no dead pixels! :-)
mlb11 is offline  
post #87 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
mfb
Senior Member
 
mfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfb View Post

First delivery. Alex is sending the next one out of Reno.

I'll keep you guys updated.

marty

Second one is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will update accordingly.

marty
mfb is offline  
post #88 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
ndisgii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
600M - From Philadelphia, PA - on pallet - box in very good shape - no cracks - dead pixels pending (havent hooked up yet)

I can finally stop sweating and worrying...lol...

Are we making a comeback???


UPDATING!
ndisgii is offline  
post #89 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
irfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
im looking to get a 600m in the next few days... im wondering, how will you guys transport the displays if you move? I change apartments every year and would prefer the display not shatter... should careful handling and a penke truck be fine? any chance road bumps could cause a sheet of glass to crack if its standing upright?
irfan is offline  
post #90 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

600M - From Philadelphia, PA - on pallet - box in very good shape - no cracks - dead pixels pending (havent hooked up yet)

I can finally stop sweating and worrying...lol...

Are we making a comeback???


UPDATING!

Hooray! How do you like it?

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
RichB is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off