AVS Forum banner

Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread

152K views 2K replies 407 participants last post by  Pop Alexandra 
#1 ·
Just figured I would start up a tracking thread for those that have bought Pioneer KRP models recently, especially the 600M due to its larger size and chance of being broken. As some may know, there has been a overwhelming amount of cracked ones arriving. Its getting hard to remember who has received a good and who has not. I dont want to clutter up the owners thread with it too much. Lets start an ongoing post that summarizes the results so far. Please reply whether good or bad, just so we can keep track. Thanks to all that participate! I will start it if you want. Just include what model it is, where it shipped from, whether it "had pallet" or "no pallet", condition of box it was in, and the results of the shipment. I'll start:

600M - Hauppauge, NY or Whittier, CA? - had pallet - box in perfect shape - screen cracked

***** 600M *****

Broken = 41

ndisgii, jfkrane, mlb11, blb1215, johnnyb05, pizzabob, mfb, rougebear, ndskurfer,

jaffo_botz, bash, pizzabob, Jaffo_botz, wrbanks, mrTapout, gortnacory, anegrus,

anegrus, anegrus, anegrus, fenwayfan, NateTTU, docmal, whityfrd, TimV, Roman707,

Chhuong, mctwist, kennelm, OC Express, whityfrd, pikkashoe, poki168, Chopalua,

whityfrd, scratch, krik, amheck, bittornado, rodrigohat, scratch

Good = 75

roberto, bfdtv, flashjordon, essgee, jfkrane, PBJunior2, bernito, mlb11, ndisgii,

SoSo, keyonman, mlmflip, link93, mfb, johnnyb05, Dean Prestholt, rledington@comca,

whimsy, tech freak, wilfred80, ndskurfer, woody888, bigpaulp, Jaffo_botz, irfan,

jimim, RichB, fenwayfan, DancingBear, bhaycraft, notoriousmatty, DefiantGSR,

frustated, chucksva, JC480, delar, NateTTU, IceTBC, docmal, carftopher, gortnacory,

smallfish, TPnBobcats, slmateoca, plasma_cricket, fronk71, ArieS1204, roman707, kblaw,

leedom, YOTR, poki168, stlblufan, whityfrd, eehtee, mksner, OC Express, teknikk7,

adinn, rolesium, Tim McCune, 1CrazyDJ, W3bbY, dkinion, kennelm, chargedmr2,

Riot Nrrrd, krpguy, jschillereff, krik, Galun, rodrigohat, Chhuong, Magnus_CA, TimV

***** 500M *****

Broken = 11

eelton, fusion, rejuvinator, tony9, jbrady3324, flatninth, edpowers, music_dude,

music_dude, funkyman, music_dude,

Good = 35

essgee, chrisherbert, pizzabob, coffeemugg, dmichael, thepenguin99, williamtassone,

Otokejr, RichB, eelton, Management, kevink109, shawn1, comradesuhov, jdbimmer,

parkgt, riverhound, Daniel Hutnicki, tony9, elDub13, bodosom, fusion, W3bbY, jbrady3324,

flankerh, rejuvinator, flatninth, jambam, edpowers, aross99, Bruce N, chucksva, edpowers,

ScottAllyn, bdbb

See less See more
#802 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieS1204 /forum/post/16531580

Well the problem is I don't feel like paying 400 bucks for a stand which is 1/4 of the price of the TV. To me this just doesn't make sense...

Neither does your math - unless you know where we can get a 600M for sixteen hundred bucks?!
Two, please!!

Seriously, just look for a used 141/151 stand. I bought a "used-but never-used" 141 stand for my recent new 141 purchase and saved a bundle. The seller had another stand available, though it might have been for an 8G Pioneer. Feel free to PM me and I will send you his contact info. I can't guarantee he still has the other stand but worth a shot.

#805 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArieS1204 /forum/post/16531319

I received my 600M last Tuesday from Fedex Freight and the TV is in mint condition. The only problem now is I can't find a table stand for it so I can't even set it up

Consider a 6020 stand on ebay. It sits slightly higher than the official stand (and you have part of the metal legs visible) but is practically free compared to the price of the official one.

#807 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR /forum/post/16532204

Well I placed my order for a 600m today so my waiting process now begins. Hopefully everything arrives okay without any issues. Regardless, I am going to be home for this delivery. Thanks Roman

congrats on the jump! and may your first panel arrive unscathed in all of its kuro godliness.

#809 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii /forum/post/16529835

Sorry to hear the bad news

I appreciate the sympathy and the tears I know are flowing. Still, Shipment 2: The Sequel will be in theaters on either 6/5 or 6/8. I'll post what happens. If that doesn't work, I may have to downgrade to a really cool cup-and-ball game I saw the other day. You never know which way that crazy ball is gonna go!

#812 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 /forum/post/16531958

Neither does your math - unless you know where we can get a 600M for sixteen hundred bucks?!
Two, please!!

Seriously, just look for a used 141/151 stand. I bought a "used-but never-used" 141 stand for my recent new 141 purchase and saved a bundle. The seller had another stand available, though it might have been for an 8G Pioneer. Feel free to PM me and I will send you his contact info. I can't guarantee he still has the other stand but worth a shot.

just PM Guido@FellOffATruckInJersyISwear.lcn

#816 ·
#820 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman707 /forum/post/16532452

2nd 600m arrived today with no cracks. I turned it on and got the no signal message...seems to work perfect

time to break it in.

Plasma ordered from: Monitor outlet

shipping company: Pilot air to houston, tx

thanks rich for getting the 2nd 600m out so quick.

updated!

#821 ·
Hhmmm, YRC shows that my 600M has hit ... err, uuhhmmm, arrived at their San Jose terminal. So now I wait for the delivery scheduling call I guess. Wow. This is like Really Bad Theater ...

By the way, and only marginally off topic, how fragile are these displays once they're in your hands? Should I be petrified of every move I make or is the high amount of damage in shipping mostly related to the crazy things that happen in the shipping process? My plan is to mount it on the wall and never touch it again but I'm wondering just how careful I need to be. I'm not planning on ice skating on the beast but should I avoid laying it down while attaching the mounts on the back, etc.?

Casey

#822 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedom /forum/post/16534865

Hhmmm, YRC shows that my 600M has hit ... err, uuhhmmm, arrived at their San Jose terminal. So now I wait for the delivery scheduling call I guess. Wow. This is like Really Bad Theater ...

By the way, and only marginally off topic, how fragile are these displays once they're in your hands? Should I be petrified of every move I make or is the high amount of damage in shipping mostly related to the crazy things that happen in the shipping process? My plan is to mount it on the wall and never touch it again but I'm wondering just how careful I need to be. I'm not planning on ice skating on the beast but should I avoid laying it down while attaching the mounts on the back, etc.?

Casey

i would handle it as if it were any other tv. just make sure you have another fellow to help you out on the mounting. i hear ya on the delivery call. my set reached new orleans over 24 hours ago and is still sitting in new orleans when the baton rouge destination is a friggin hour away. i wonder if they think their packages will lay eggs if sat long enough?

#824 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedom
Agree w/ whit, just handle with care and you should be fine. I finally mounted my 141 this weekend with a friend and had no probs whatsoever.

Regarding the mounts, I left my 141 in the box (where it had sat all last week running the break-in disc) and bolted the arms there (see pic #1). Ignore the rope light, I removed it and installed a 18" fluorescent w/ 6500K bulb from Lowe's at the last minute (and glad I did!). I did take measurements to make sure the final installed would be at the desired mounting height for my viewing conditions (see pic #2). I even created a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) to automatically calc the screen centerline, based on heights of my wall mount, equipment stand, etc. I've attached it here in case you want to plug in your own #'s...yeah, I'm a bit of a geek...

When we did wall mount, I did buy some $3 garden gloves from Lowe's that had the rubber dots on the palm side so that we could steady the top of the panel firmly w/o worrying about scratching the bezel. And only one pair of gloves was needed between two of us as one hand was behind the TV using the rear handles.

FYI, even with my Peerless OneMount tilted slightly forward, the rear connections are still fairly accessible. But I used my stand positioned on a tall table a few inches from the wall to connect all my cables before the final mounting. So I got to use my 141 stand for about two minutes...

EDIT - if you think you might add a backlight (Idealume, home-made, etc) in the future, I suggest taking some plastic cable ties and install a few in strategic locations before mounting your 600M to the wall. Install a few extra like I did, just in case - you'll thank yourself later when you're home alone and want to do some mods...

EDIT #2 - I used hex head M8x20 bolts w/ single washer for mounting the arms to the back of the TV. M8x16 seemed to be just a bit too short for me, with no washer. M8x25 too long unless you use many washers...

mounting height calcs.zip 11.0478515625k . file

Attachments

#826 ·
well i went to the local distributor to see my 600m for myself and it was cracked. that makes two panels from two different vendors both cracked. This one was with monitoroutlet and was not on a pallet when i got there. Rich will be sending out another one tomorrow. I stressed with Rich that the pallets were coming off somewhere between the origin and destination and that there is absolutely no good reason to remove the panel from the pallet. what really sucks is when i got to the distributors warehouse every other tv they got in was nice and neat standing vertically strapped on a pallet. i was actually embarassed uncovering the box. im starting to think these panels are not shipping on pallets at all unless the distributor decides to place them on a pallet individually before shipment. im also starting to believe these panels are getting cracked coming from the pioneer plant as they are confirmed to not ship on a pallet. im guessing alot of them are getting damaged and some make it through. whatever the case im going to give this a third and final try and if this next one doesent come in perfectly im out of the game and wont be looking back. i cant tell you how pissed off i am right now.

#827 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunt /forum/post/16536328

mak99, want to sell the table stand?

Probably not at this time - I'm keeping it just in case I need to temporarily remove the 141 off the wall for whatever reason. And who knows if these stands can be found a year from now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd /forum/post/16536636

well i went to the local distributor to see my 600m for myself and it was cracked.
I really hate to hear this. Have you tried VE, Roman or Axxis? What about a 151 or 141, which unfortunately are more $$?

#828 ·
2 delivered today not cracked, should get updates here shortly. Crossing my fingers for more good ones.....

Also qty's and stock is not getting better and some dealers I heard stopped shipping them so we will see. Hope we get some more good reports!

500ms are much better stock wise

#830 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 /forum/post/16536671

Probably not at this time - I'm keeping it just in case I need to temporarily remove the 141 off the wall for whatever reason. And who knows if these stands can be found a year from now...

I really hate to hear this. Have you tried VE, Roman or Axxis? What about a 151 or 141, which unfortunately are more $$?

tried robert arlready if you dont remember. that was the first one cracked. i dont want to swap credit back and forth every week so ill let monitoroutlet have one more crack at it and then thats it. good or broken, im done with it. this has easily become more trouble that its worth. im also hearing some vendors are not selling these anymore. thats a good business move and im not surprised one bit. to tell you the truth, seeing one cracked pio plasma makes me sick, seeing two makes me absolutely not care anymore how this turns out.

#831 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd /forum/post/16536636

well i went to the local distributor to see my 600m for myself and it was cracked.

Really sorry to hear that. I'm actually surprised that the shipper allowed you to check it out in their warehouse. That's very unusual. Good luck on your next effort!!

My own delivery is scheduled for tomorrow between 10am-2pm so I've got my fingers crossed.

Casey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.