Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1854 Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

What do you mean by 'on the way to the states'? Aren't they assembled in California? Are you saying they are damaged before final assembly?

I was going to say the same thing; some parts were shipped from Japan to the states, then the panel are assembled here, in the land of the free! what are you referring to whityfrd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1854 Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Liked: 10
Well my dealer told me they would have another 600m shipped out within 24 hours and they were true to their word. I have another 600m coming my way via Fed Ex Freight. This time the unit is out of New York rather than Kentucky. We'll see if that makes a difference in the manufacturing dates. Although they both say they were shipped from ADI. I'm guessing that is one of Pioneer's distributors.

Now the problem is that it's scheduled to arrive on Monday the 15th but I won't be able to take time off until Friday the 19th. Not sure if Fed Ex will hold on to it for that long. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

I'm hoping I get the same driver. I think he'll be totally cool about me inspecting everything this time considering what we went through last time.
post #1083 of 1854 Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

ive been saying it all along and i think they were damaged on the way to the states. though some may have been damaged by shippers. the fact that pioneer does not authorize dealers to check boxes before shipment for damage in this situation is flat out unacceptable. had they not been on their way out the door it might have been another story.

again..........the panels are built in a Pioneer plasma display panel plant in Japan. Then shipped to California where the final assembly is completed and then tested, then boxed for delivery to Pioneer distributors.

The dealers that we deal with place orders through the various distributors and buying groups they are partnered with and rarely if ever see the boxed product. Even if checked at the distribution warehouses or a dealer that just proves it's ok (or cracked) at that point. It still needs to get to the buyer in working order as a satisfactory end result.

seems likely most would be damaged after leaving the distributors on way to end buyer. single box shipments and alot more variables in the shipping logistics.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #1084 of 1854 Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 PM

First 141fd shipped cracked on 5/5/09, Roman had it shipped back for free, thanks Roman. Next 141fd received, worked for 5 days perfectly then board went out blinking red light (2) - currently waiting for part, looks like it will be covered by warranty.
post #1085 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 AM

Don't give up!! This Pioneer 9G Plasma TV is a REAL beauty and stunning master piece. I am rewatching some of the old DVDs on my Oppo and MS-DVR files just to discover information I missed before.

As for HDDVD and Blu-ray, the improvements are not as dramatic as the source material were quite good already.

This 600m is by far offered the most bang of the buck when you consider it costs about the same as my pair of rear speakers w/ factory stands.

It will be a technological tragedy if no one else picks up and resume the Pioneer KURO Plasma manufacturing and know-how in the near future. If that won't occur, I hope my KRP will last a few years even I have extended warranty coverage; it won't do much good if I can't get an equivalent replacement.
post #1086 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Well...our luck has been pretty bad lately (actually ever since we moved to TX last summer). Our 600M arrived this afternoon and I figured it would be broken after reading this thread, but sure enough it arrived in perfect working condition. No cracks after inspection with flashlight so I plugged it in and good to go so far. Driver was great as well--had no problem letting me inspect and plug in TV. This shipped out of Denver and was delivered by SAIA...never heard of them, but again, they were great. Thanks Roman!!
post #1087 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargedmr2 View Post

Well...our luck has been pretty bad lately (actually ever since we moved to TX last summer). Our 600M arrived this afternoon and I figured it would be broken after reading this thread, but sure enough it arrived in perfect working condition. No cracks after inspection with flashlight so I plugged it in and good to go so far. Driver was great as well--had no problem letting me inspect and plug in TV. This shipped out of Denver and was delivered by SAIA...never heard of them, but again, they were great. Thanks Roman!!

I have much stricter guidelines now before they leave warehouse, thats why you see good stories Glad it worked out!
post #1088 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtee View Post

Thanks again, Roman. And we'll be rooting for the Pens with you on Friday. I thought they could pull out Game 6 on home ice, but, they haven't figured out how to beat the Wings in Detroit yet.

Well if they will ever figure it out it better be TODAY!
post #1089 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Liked: 12
My 600M just arrived, flashlight inspection good, sweated balls trying to lift it up with the FedEx guy and press the reset button under the bottom left corner (great place there, Pioneer), but ... voila! No Signal box in the middle of the screen

So, count me amongst the lucky first-timers, and yes, as expected, it's an 11/08
post #1090 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

My 600M just arrived, flashlight inspection good, sweated balls trying to lift it up with the FedEx guy and press the reset button under the bottom left corner (great place there, Pioneer), but ... voila! No Signal box in the middle of the screen

So, count me amongst the lucky first-timers, and yes, as expected, it's an 11/08

Glad to hear it arrived safely.
post #1091 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 02:52 PM

Liked: 12
Given that we now know that the 500Ms have 10G tech in them (and the 600Ms don't ... grrrr ) ...

The paranoiac in me is wondering if there's anything different between the 11/08 600Ms and the 3/09 600Ms?
post #1092 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

Given that we now know that the 500Ms have 10G tech in them (and the 600Ms don't ... grrrr ) ...

how do the 500m's have 10 gen tech in them?
post #1093 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Cross-posted to the owners thread.....

My 600M arrived today from BP. Driver was nice and helped me pull off the top of the box and we looked at it and both agreed it was good to go. Signed the sheet and he was off. I decided to get out a light and actually found a bunch of cracks and quickly ran out to the street to stop him and he was super cool about it.

Called BP and they are shipping another one Monday. Just as well, I suppose, all my HDMI cables from monoprice were due today, along with my mount. Mount arrived at 3 and I asked the UPS driver if there's another package. He says nope. So I go in to track my order (knowing that the TV is going to be here in 30 minutes) and there's smething about "MECHANICAL MALFUNCTION" and it's stuck 4 hours away in Jacksonville until Monday, it seems.

Was really excited, and definitely a let down like a lot of you, but yeah, it could be worse. Was really amazed how nice it looked. Coming from a Pio 64" RPTV, was a little worried about the size, and seeing the 141 in BB, it didn't look all that big, but seeing it today in the package (before I knew it was broken) it looked really nice.

Got crazy for a minute and thought maybe I'll just buy one locally, if its not that much more. Checked BB's website and they want $6999 for the 141. I think I'll wait a week.

krik, we love the Kim Crawford here too. Bought my wife a case for her birthday last Jan.

Sorry for rambling. Just want to point out to those getting new shipments - check that out with a light! I would have totally missed it and it would have ruined my weekend, knowing I had accepted what looked to be a good TV when the dealer told me several times to refuse a damaged shipment cause there's nothing they can do after its been accepted.
post #1094 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd™ View Post

The paranoiac in me is wondering if there's anything different between the 11/08 600Ms and the 3/09 600Ms?

I doubt there's a difference between the 11/08 600M's and the 3/09 600M's. The only reason why the 500M/101FD's have the slight upgrade in tech is because they were the last to be released.

Also, just to clarify, the 500M/101FD are still 9th generation Kuros at heart with a few 10th generation components.
post #1095 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd™ View Post

um...about four months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carftopher View Post

Also, just to clarify, they don't have ALL 10G tech. They are only using SOME different hardware (different compared to all the other 9G's) that would have been in the 10G had Pioneer kept making plasmas.

I thought all the 500Ms had the 10G tech? I thought D-Nice clarified this somewhere, though I can't remember if he said all 500Ms, or just the later batches...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #1096 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

I thought all the 500Ms had the 10G tech? I thought D-Nice clarified this somewhere, though I can't remember if he said all 500Ms, or just the later batches...

Oops, I didn't clarify enough. All of the 500M's (no matter the manufacture date) have some 10G tech we would have seen in Pioneer's 10th generation PDPs.

When I stated "they don't have ALL 10G tech," I meant the 500M's aren't 10th generation PDPs. At heart, they are still 9G PDP's with some components of the 10G Kuro.

Wrong choice of words on my part.
post #1097 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Well, that's me I guess. 3 weeks in a row, 3 cracked 500M's (all upper left hand corner). I had an opportunity to buy an Elite Pro-111FD for $2400 three weeks ago and now they are harder to find.

A local Magnolia will sell me one a 111-FD for that price buy I need some other source to provide a quote or a web link for leverage - any ideas??

Won't consider shipping another Elite panel. It was painful opening three boxes with my flash light and seeing the 4 to 5 inch crack - and not having a TV for over three weeks after moving into our new place.
post #1098 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM

My 600M arrived yesterday in beautiful condition. It was strapped to its own pallet, which was nice to see, but part of the pallet was broken and he was trying to pull it off the pallet without cutting the strap with pallet puncturing the box and I was like umm hold on a sec please lol. Guy didn't even have tin snips on him. Anyway got it in, flashlight check=no cracks, plugged her in and got no vid signal and I was happy. Ran some HD Directv & crappy PS2 composite through it last night and everything thing looked great on out of box settings.

Manufacture date: 02/09
Packaging: Strapped to pallet
Pallet: Full
Vendor: Beyond Plasma
Delivery: FedEx
Distributer: ADI
post #1099 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Well if they will ever figure it out it better be TODAY!

that is it
post #1100 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:

that is it

I was thinking of you tonight, Roman, as hubby and I anxiously cheered the Pens in Game 7. This was the year.
post #1101 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

again..........the panels are built in a Pioneer plasma display panel plant in Japan. Then shipped to California where the final assembly is completed and then tested, then boxed for delivery to Pioneer distributors.

The dealers that we deal with place orders through the various distributors and buying groups they are partnered with and rarely if ever see the boxed product. Even if checked at the distribution warehouses or a dealer that just proves it's ok (or cracked) at that point. It still needs to get to the buyer in working order as a satisfactory end result.

seems likely most would be damaged after leaving the distributors on way to end buyer. single box shipments and alot more variables in the shipping logistics.

i assumed they shipped from japan and i stand corrected. though i do believe alot of these panels could either be getting damaged on the way to distributors and on the way to customers. that crappy packaging could give on any route.
post #1102 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

that is it

Pens Win, Pens Win. Congrats to them and u 2 Roman they held their own ice and took the final on detroit's ice., gotta give em props for that.

drat, i'm not eating this octopussy...........

post #1103 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

i assumed they shipped from japan and i stand corrected. though i do believe alot of these panels could either be getting damaged on the way to distributors and on the way to customers. that crappy packaging could give on any route.

well sure with the poor packing some of them could be dead with the first pothole the freight truck hits after leaving the pioneer loading docks.

post #1104 of 1854 Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck View Post

...Sorry for rambling. Just want to point out to those getting new shipments - check that out with a light! I would have totally missed it and it would have ruined my weekend, knowing I had accepted what looked to be a good TV when the dealer told me several times to refuse a damaged shipment cause there's nothing they can do after its been accepted.

sorry you got a broken one.

your not rambling, it's a big purchase and dealing with an important delivery we've been suggesting for awhile to make sure to open and give the glass a good initial check over with a flash light then plug in if possible to make sure it's not doa. much easier to deal with a return quickly before the driver can get away.

good luck with the 2nd delivery next week.

post #1105 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 01:33 AM

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I just took delivery of a very beautiful and unscathed 600m (thank you Roman). It was delivered using Dats, on its pallet and strapped to the side of the truck. I probably had one of the coolest delivery guys out there; he helped with no complaint to carry it into the house, even taking his shoes off, which he didn't even have to do. He helped unpack and inspect it even telling me to check the corners; he also waited while I plugged it in and turned it on. The guy did all this without even trying to push me into signing the paper work. After reading some of the horror stories I was dreading the delivery, but I'm finally breathing again. The build date is Jan. 09 and yes there's not much to the packing material, kind of strange for something this big and fragile. I'm just moving into a new house and need to have some more work done to the media niche so this will give me time to run the break in disk and get a wall mount, surround system, receiver, etc...
Speaking of wall mounts, I'm leaning towards the Sanus VMDD26B but I'm trying to narrow down the field to which place to buy from. Has anyone used WallMountWarehouse? They seem to have a good price but I'm not sure if they're legit.
Jason
post #1106 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

that is it

I have never screamed and cheered so loud before in my life. That game was amazing. I was stressing big time especially after Detroit scored. Amazing save by Fleury! It was awesome seeing Lemieux hoist the stanley cup (even if it wasn't as a player). I had my old Lemieux jersey on the entire game . Go Pens!
post #1107 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschillereff View Post

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I just took delivery of a very beautiful and unscathed 600m (thank you Roman). It was delivered using Dats, on its pallet and strapped to the side of the truck. I probably had one of the coolest delivery guys out there; he helped with no complaint to carry it into the house, even taking his shoes off, which he didn't even have to do. He helped unpack and inspect it even telling me to check the corners; he also waited while I plugged it in and turned it on. The guy did all this without even trying to push me into signing the paper work. After reading some of the horror stories I was dreading the delivery, but I'm finally breathing again. The build date is Jan. 09 and yes there's not much to the packing material, kind of strange for something this big and fragile. I'm just moving into a new house and need to have some more work done to the media niche so this will give me time to run the break in disk and get a wall mount, surround system, receiver, etc...
Speaking of wall mounts, I'm leaning towards the Sanus VMDD26B but I'm trying to narrow down the field to which place to buy from. Has anyone used WallMountWarehouse? They seem to have a good price but I'm not sure if they're legit.
Jason

congrats on your new set! and I hope you did get to tip the driver. cause that driver sounds like one in a few dozen, based on many of our deliveries...
post #1108 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...Speaking of wall mounts, I'm leaning towards the Sanus VMDD26B but I'm trying to narrow down the field to which place to buy from. Has anyone used WallMountWarehouse? They seem to have a good price but I'm not sure if they're legit. Jason

congrats on the new 600M. Welcome to the Kuro owners club.

Can't Roman hook you up with a wall mount like he did with the 600M?

post #1109 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtee View Post

Great to hear! I know that yours and mine were the 2 which Roman got in on the same day. We finally got ours mounted on the wall yesterday. Took 4 of us to lift and install the set on a heavy-duty Sanus wall-mount with the bottom of the TV over 4 feet off the floor. I'm still cleaning off the face print where my 66-year-old husband "caught" the set with his face to keep it steady! Better a face print than a dropped panel - I owe him lots of praise, and pain killers for his back, now.

Thanks again, Roman. And we'll be rooting for the Pens with you on Friday. I thought they could pull out Game 6 on home ice, but, they haven't figured out how to beat the Wings in Detroit yet.

Your wall mount and wall must be really sturdy to support the weight of the 600M. I'm breaking mine in now and it is sitting on the floor in the bottom part of the box. There were some scuff marks from the styrofoam pieces mounted on the cardboard that was used to "protect" the screen. The packaging Pioneer used is sure flimsy. Surprised mine made it here not cracked. I used the cloth that came with it and was able to wipe them off. Attached a pic of my 600M. The one on the mount is my Elite 1140 mounted on a Salamander Designs cabinet and mount. From reading this forum, I will need to order the expansion mount to mount the 600M. The 1140 will go into the bedroom. You can see reflections from both panels but the 600M has a bluish gray? reflection. (Kuro coating?)
LL
post #1110 of 1854 Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Jason

Did yours come from Colorado too? manufacture date? DATS Trucking also shipped mine. The panel was strapped with 3 straps to a medium size pallet (no way it would have tipped over) and was not strapped to the side of the truck. No shrink wrap.
For some reason my driver said it was company policy that he could not help me carry it into the house but he did anyway and I tipped him.
Congratulations on your new panel! Roman is on a roll!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page