post #91 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

600M - From Philadelphia, PA - on pallet - box in very good shape - no cracks - dead pixels pending (havent hooked up yet)

I can finally stop sweating and worrying...lol...

Are we making a comeback???

UPDATING!

Mine is coming tomorrow from Philadelphia, PA as well. Who is your delivery company?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carftopher View Post

What do you mean they are gone from Pioneer direct? Pioneer is not producing any more KRP's? I thought these were just introduced a few weeks ago?

Okay, so maybe that harshly translated version of Pioneer's recent KURO-related press release doesn't actually encourage prospective buyers to snag a unit while they still can, but it may as well have. Following up on the outfit's curious decision to abandon a product line that was universally adored, Pioneer has decided that just four of its PDPs will stay in production until April 11th. After 3,000 or so of the KRP-500A, KRP-500M, KRP-600A and KRP-600M units have been produced, the lines will be shut down and we'll all be invited to what will undoubtedly be a tear-filled memorial service. The company has also made clear that warranty service will still be provided for an undisclosed amount of time (at least in Japan), but there has yet to be a statement made specifically regarding the North American market.
post #93 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Hooray! How do you like it?

- Rich

I just got finished watching the tv for a few hours. I am in love . This thing is awesome! I posted a few quick pics in the owners thread.
post #94 of 1854 Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

Mine is coming tomorrow from Philadelphia, PA as well. Who is your delivery company?

Wilson Trucking Corp
post #95 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Just got mine. No crack screen. Haven't check pixel yet.
post #96 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just got mine. No crack screen. Haven't check pixel yet.

Awesome news man, glad to hear it! Keep us posted on anything new.

UPDATED!
post #97 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM

iam happy to here that 2nd time was the charm. tommorow i will get my 2nd chance.
post #98 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

iam happy to here that 2nd time was the charm. tommorow i will get my 2nd chance.

May the luck be with you . The good column is making a comeback. Let us know how it goes!
post #99 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 PM

Glad to see that others are having good luck the second go round (as I did). The wait is worth it -- Love my 600M!
post #100 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyman View Post

Okay, so maybe that harshly translated version of Pioneer's recent KURO-related press release doesn't actually encourage prospective buyers to snag a unit while they still can, but it may as well have. Following up on the outfit's curious decision to abandon a product line that was universally adored, Pioneer has decided that just four of its PDPs will stay in production until April 11th. After 3,000 or so of the KRP-500A, KRP-500M, KRP-600A and KRP-600M units have been produced, the lines will be shut down and we'll all be invited to what will undoubtedly be a tear-filled memorial service. The company has also made clear that warranty service will still be provided for an undisclosed amount of time (at least in Japan), but there has yet to be a statement made specifically regarding the North American market.

That's been denied. Production stops only for Japan, Europe and America will produce till the end of the year.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
post #101 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 03:39 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfb View Post

The funny thing is that the box was in perfect shape. I don't think these screens are cracking during delivery.

Actually it's very likely that the damage is occurring while the TV is in the back of a stiffly-sprung bobtail truck somewhere along the delivery chain. All it takes is one good bounce over a dip or railroad track and the TV carton gets bounced a foot off the floor and comes slamming down hard enough to crack the screen, even though the box remains in perfect shape. It happens all the time in my industry, and i often see bobtail trucks around the LAX area get air under the rear tires when they cross the railroad tracks at Aviation blvd and the big dip at Nash street off the 105 Freeway offramp next to the DirecTV headquarters. I even hear the contents inside come slamming down if i'm driving next to the truck.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #102 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 03:40 PM

Mine will take the the good rating over 50%.

600M - Reno - pallet ( but taken out before bringing inside house) - little damage on box but no cracked screen. Manufacture date March 2009 - almost straight from production line!!!
post #103 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM

My 600m was delivered minutes ago via FedEx LTL from ADI in Sparks, NV. Box was not on a pallet (driver said they removed it when they put it in the smaller delivery truck at the local FedEx terminal), however it looked fine. Contents were flawless also. Must plug it in to very proper operation. Oh, build date was Oct 08. Man, this thing is gorgeous, and SO thin!
post #104 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyonman View Post

Mine will take the the good rating over 50%.

600M - Reno - pallet ( but taken out before bringing inside house) - little damage on box but no cracked screen. Manufacture date March 2009 - almost straight from production line!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmflip View Post

My 600m was delivered minutes ago via FedEx LTL from ADI in Sparks, NV. Box was not on a pallet (driver said they removed it when they put it in the smaller delivery truck at the local FedEx terminal), however it looked fine. Contents were flawless also. Must plug it in to very proper operation. Oh, build date was Oct 08. Man, this thing is gorgeous, and SO thin!

Thanks for the updates guys. Enjoy those things and keep us posted!

UPDATED!
post #105 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Got mine this afternoon no cracked screen and just plugged it in and no stuck pixels. Manufacturer date is March 09. So looks like odds are getting better.
post #106 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Delivery truck just left..... taking the cracked 600M with them!

Box looked good, but there was not pallet that I saw. Maybe they left it in the truck.

Huge diagonal crack, plus shorter cracks in corner(s).... very disappointed.... off to pout, have a good night!

I believe TV shipped from Arcadia CA, flew through Altanta, then to Nashville and from there on a truck to western Kentucky.

Arrived 2 days after due date (supposedly so they would have two delivery people, which there was when it got here).
post #107 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by link93 View Post

Got mine this afternoon no cracked screen and just plugged it in and no stuck pixels. Manufacturer date is March 09. So looks like odds are getting better.

Congrats! She looks good doesnt she . The odds are getting better, but the post just below, shows that there are still going to be some challenges unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash View Post

Delivery truck just left..... taking the cracked 600M with them!

Box looked good, but there was not pallet that I saw. Maybe they left it in the truck.

Huge diagonal crack, plus shorter cracks in corner(s).... very disappointed.... off to pout, have a good night!

I believe TV shipped from Arcadia CA, flew through Altanta, then to Nashville and from there on a truck to western Kentucky.

Arrived 2 days after due date (supposedly so they would have two delivery people, which there was when it got here).

Man, that sucks to hear right after the small surge of good ones. I hope that you get a replacement asap. It is disheartening for sure, but you will forget all about it once you get that good one. Good luck on the next one and take care!

UPDATED!
post #108 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the well-wishing.. Roman talked like they could possible get a replacent in 2 days. I read elsewhere that some shipments were coming from KY, so maybe Pioneer will send one of those? Don't know...we'll see...
By the way, the TV looked really cool sitting there in the box
post #109 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

By the way, the TV looked really cool sitting there in the box

lol...at least you have some good humor about it! It does look nice even in the box, I agree . You'll love it when you get it!
post #110 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:

lol...at least you have some good humor about it! It does look nice even in the box, I agree . You'll love it when you get it!

Yea speaking to a few dealers and people these things are defiantly not packed as well as the other ones which sucks for everyone
post #111 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Yea speaking to a few dealers and people these things are defiantly not packed as well as the other ones which sucks for everyone

I have to say, with amount of different dealers, distributers, manufacturer dates, and random arrival conditions (pallets and no pallets, mint boxes and beat up boxes), there is no rhyme or reason. I really do think its the packaging and how they are transported with the crappy packaging. Its a crapshoot for the most part it seems. It is very unfortunate. I guess if nobody gives up on them, and keeps waiting for the replacements, we will all have one in the end and be happy . Just takes that extra amount of patience.
post #112 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM
mfb

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Second one is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will update accordingly.

marty

Success. This one is good. Man. date March '09. Looks like my serial # shows a build number of 1972.

My first cracked one was man. 11/08 with build number 608.

FedEx LTL - pallet, strapped and box was in perfect shape. Came from Reno.

I'll post pics this weekend once it is mounted.

m
post #113 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Success. This one is good. Man. date March '09. Looks like my serial # shows a build number of 1972.

My first cracked one was man. 11/08 with build number 608.

FedEx LTL - pallet, strapped and box was in perfect shape. Came from Reno.

I'll post pics this weekend once it is mounted.

m

Congrats on the good one! Cant wait for pics.

UPDATED!
post #114 of 1854 Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 PM

I really am hoping that this is purely a packaging issue -I'd like to comfort myself by thinking that once it is in my house and in good shape, it will stay that way.

I'm guessing that since we haven't heard much about them breaking after arrival, it should be a non-issue as long as they are not abused? No lingering stresses causing eventual cracks, etc...
post #115 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:

I really am hoping that this is purely a packaging issue -I'd like to comfort myself by thinking that once it is in my house and in good shape, it will stay that way.

I'm guessing that since we haven't heard much about them breaking after arrival, it should be a non-issue as long as they are not abused? No lingering stresses causing eventual cracks, etc...

Is it possible there could be a "micro-crack" hidden a millimeter below the point where the glass actually connects to the bezel?
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible that you could inspect for a crack, with a flashlight, but it's really tiny and hidden by the bezel itself and you miss it?
post #116 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerfan View Post

Is it possible there could be a "micro-crack" hidden a millimeter below the point where the glass actually connects to the bezel?
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible that you could inspect for a crack, with a flashlight, but it's really tiny and hidden by the bezel itself and you miss it?

I believe turning the set on is the best check you can get. Forget about Flashlight, have a long extension cord ready, a computer cord, just tip the driver and turn the darn thing on. Main power switch is on the bottom left hand side if you face the screen, Standby/On button is on the lower right side. Once you it turns on. You should be all set. It will said no input signal for about 10 seconds.
post #117 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I also just want to mention, and PLEASE dont take this as fact, but I saw posted somewhere that the sets that have loud buzzing may have a hidden/micro crack somewhere on the panel, because any cracks will cause louder buzzing. Not sure how factual that is though. I am thankfull to say that mine is very quiet so far, really low buzz noise thats barely audible and only when right up on the panel . Keeping my fingers crossed that all stays well!
post #118 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:

I believe turning the set on is the best check you can get. Forget about Flashlight, have a long extension cord ready

That's exactly what I did initially. As soon as I heard the buzzing coming from the set, I immediately turned off the set, looked for my flashlight and did the CSI thing when I discovered all the cracks. It looked licked crackled glass in a farmhouse window, shattered big-time!

Manufacture date was August 2008. The box was not damaged at all. It was NOT on a pallet, just strapped to the side rails of the "Air-Ride" delivery truck. The driver helped me bring it in, helped me place it on the stand on my table. Knowing he had other deliveries to do I signed the delivery sheet and told him I was all set so I wouldn't hold him up.

About 20 minutes later when I found my extension cord etc. I plugged it in and that's when I said all those choice words wishing I plugged it in before he left... Hopefully the next set will be right...

I also asked the merchant to pull a more recent build date from the warehouse before they ship to me. My set has been around and handled for close to 8 months before it got to me. There is a lot of handling/mishandling that can occur during that time frame. The build/manufacture dates are on a sticker that can be found on the outside of these boxes. Bummer!

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
post #119 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_axel View Post

That's exactly what I did initially. As soon as I heard the buzzing coming from the set, I immediately turned off the set, looked for my flashlight and did the CSI thing when I discovered all the cracks. It looked licked crackled glass in a farmhouse window, shattered big-time!

Manufacture date was August 2008. The box was not damaged at all. It was NOT on a pallet, just strapped to the side rails of the "Air-Ride" delivery truck. The driver helped me bring it in, helped me place it on the stand on my table. Knowing he had other deliveries to do I signed the delivery sheet and told him I was all set so I wouldn't hold him up.

About 20 minutes later when I found my extension cord etc. I plugged it in and that's when I said all those choice words wishing I plugged it in before he left... Hopefully the next set will be right...

I also asked the merchant to pull a more recent build date from the warehouse before they ship to me. My set has been around and handled for close to 8 months before it got to me. There is a lot of handling/mishandling that can occur during that time frame. The build/manufacture dates are on a sticker that can be found on the outside of these boxes. Bummer!

So its not just the KRPs that it can happen to. Sorry to hear the bad news. That is a pretty old date on that tv. Well, not old, but comparitively speaking I guess. Hope your next one comes in ok. Take care!
post #120 of 1854 Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:

So its not just the KRPs that it can happen to. Sorry to hear the bad news. That is a pretty old date on that tv. Well, not old, but comparitively speaking I guess. Hope your next one comes in ok. Take care!

Thanks! I asked the shipper to check the box on the replacement they ship me next time around, and he hooked me up with a January 2009 build for the second one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time around.

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page