Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1854 Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post

I picked up my 600M today and it is in perfect condition! Finally!!! I've been waiting more than two months for one of these darn things (originally ordered on 4/15). I ended up getting the unit from Monitor Outlet and they shipped it via Pilot Air. The build date is Jan/2009. On power-up it has slight buzz only on high APL screens that can only be heard within about three or four feet.

I haven't mounted the display yet and probably won't for another couple of days. I have to take my old one down, then install the new mount as well as the bias lights. In the meantime, the 600M is in my garage running the break-in DVD. I can't wait to see it in action!

congrats and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1854 Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post

Mak, Your post is different from whytfrd's, so i dont know which one is right.

Im sure I will figure it out. Ive gotten this far in life!

i may have gotten the side wrong for the main power switch but if im wrong im damn close. lol
post #1173 of 1854 Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Updated!

PS - On another note, just out of curiosity, is there a way to intergrate a poll into this now to keep track of the totals themselves. Everyone can still give descriptions of their experiences in the thread, but I am getting a little tired on keeping the totals . It could have 4 entries like:

600M good
600M bad
500M good
500M bad

The only things that I would wonder is being able to vote multiple times by the same person that is getting 2-3 bad ones before a good one. They will need to vote bad 2-3 times. And then if that is allowed, how can it stop Pioneer haters from just clicking on bad a bunch of times for the fun of it. And can the existing totals be integrated up front.

Any ideas?

ndisgii,

you've done enough for this thread and I think it has given many initial visiting members a good insight, and what to expect from all the posts. You don't have to keep updating this thread, and I certainly would have no problem whatsoever.

unfortunately, the poll idea is probably not going to work, since I think it is limited to one vote per thread per 1 member name. so unless an adventurous members who has 5 different screennames here, they cannot vote 5 separate times, they can only vote once. but I think overall, we have gathered enough data up to this point and can leave the updating counts and percentages behind. just my opinion.....
post #1174 of 1854 Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

i may have gotten the side wrong for the main power switch but if im wrong im damn close. lol

come on whityfrd, you know if you got the wrong side, especially in this country, you are not anywhere close. left and right side in this country means completely different things! therefore you were not close. man up already! haha
post #1175 of 1854 Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post

500M - screen undamaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post

600m today pristine condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinn View Post

Thanks for updating the list on the first page. Instead of a poll, how about a spreadsheet? Different items can be added and people can just check boxes and maybe have a total at the bottom?
Columns of items like shipped with pallet, shrink wrapped, speakers, etc...

I'd love for someone else to take over that process if it happens. I am wore out...lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbb View Post

500m pristine condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post

600M perfect condition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

you've done enough for this thread and I think it has given many initial visiting members a good insight, and what to expect from all the posts. You don't have to keep updating this thread, and I certainly would have no problem whatsoever.

unfortunately, the poll idea is probably not going to work, since I think it is limited to one vote per thread per 1 member name. so unless an adventurous members who has 5 different screennames here, they cannot vote 5 separate times, they can only vote once. but I think overall, we have gathered enough data up to this point and can leave the updating counts and percentages behind. just my opinion.....

I agree 100% with everything you say . I think I might just retire now. We can get the basic idea with the numbers already posted to date. We'll see how I feel in the future. If I get REALLY bored, I may pop on here and update, but dont hold your breaths . Thank you very much to everyone that has contributed so far though. Take care everyone!

Updated for maybe the last time
post #1176 of 1854 Old 06-26-2009, 07:18 PM

Liked: 12
600M(non ISF) - Hong Kong - no pallet - box in perfect shape - screen good with a dead pixel at the center.
The grey market suppler replaced a new one and is so far so good.
post #1177 of 1854 Old 06-27-2009, 03:35 AM

Is there is a damage tracking thread for 111/151 Kuros? I did a brief search but didn't find anything.

I ask because I have some pretty horrific pictures to share. :O
post #1178 of 1854 Old 06-27-2009, 05:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtkommen View Post

Is there is a damage tracking thread for 111/151 Kuros? I did a brief search but didn't find anything.

I ask because I have some pretty horrific pictures to share. :O

I don't think so, but probably not a bad idea to post here anyways. Gosh knows the KRP series have taken a beating!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #1179 of 1854 Old 06-27-2009, 11:49 PM

The Kuro with a broken smile:

Closer pics of the left, middle, and right:

Even though this is a 151, I thought I'd give the info you require for the KRPs anyway:

- PRO-151FD
- Ohio (Forgot where.)
- I don't remember if there was a pallet or not. But one thing I did notice is that it was delivered on it's side.
- Box was in great shape.
- Screen cracked. (Obviously.)

All the same above for the replacement, besides the cracked screen.
post #1180 of 1854 Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 AM

OMG that's just making me queasy. Good luck with the replacement.
post #1181 of 1854 Old 06-28-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post

OMG that's just making me queasy. Good luck with the replacement.

Yeah, my heart sunk when I first saw it. Heh.

I've had my replacement for several months now, and all seems to be good. I just hooked up my OPPO BDP-83 today.
post #1182 of 1854 Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Anybody been able to get through to Beyond Plasma lately? I know there were a few of us that ordered from them and some mentioned not being able to get through on the phones. Their website is down too. They changed their name to ADTConcepts on the ebay storefront.

Hope this doesn't mean some folks still waiting for their Kuros are getting screwed.
post #1183 of 1854 Old 06-28-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krik View Post

Anybody been able to get through to Beyond Plasma lately? I know there were a few of us that ordered from them and some mentioned not being able to get through on the phones. Their website is down too. They changed their name to ADTConcepts on the ebay storefront.

Hope this doesn't mean some folks still waiting for their Kuros are getting screwed.

I purchased my 600M from Beyond Plasma. I seem to be able to still access their website. By this I am referring to their standard web address which can be reached through the "Authorized Online Stores" link on the Pioneer US website.
post #1184 of 1854 Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesium View Post

I purchased my 600M from Beyond Plasma. I seem to be able to still access their website. By this I am referring to their standard web address which can be reached through the "Authorized Online Stores" link on the Pioneer US website.

I got mine from them too. Lots of communication and smooth delivery. They even shipped my second panel the very next day after contacting them and telling them my first one was damaged.

I just had someone ask me who had 600m's in stock and that's when I noticed their ebay storefront had changed. Someone else mentioned not being able to get through on the phones the other day.
post #1185 of 1854 Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 AM

Wow thats horrific the broken smile.
Mine was cracked (141fd), but not that bad.

But now my 141 has no smiles, just blank stare. LOL

Wow it would really stink if beyond plasma is screwing those people over with pending KRP replacements.

Good luck guys. The wait is worth it in the end.
post #1186 of 1854 Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

600M shipped from Nevada to Los Angeles, CA via FedEx - screen cracked. Box was in good condition with no visible damage, NO pallet.

Having a flashlight to inspect is key. It looked perfect... until I put a light on it and these huge cracks appeared.

I was a little concerned when they told me my TV was going to be delivered at the end of the day because it was packed way in the back. I just thought, great, a day long trip of getting jostled around in a FedEx delivery truck. Oh well. Here's hoping the 2nd one arrives intact.
post #1187 of 1854 Old 06-29-2009, 05:06 PM

glenh, thats the exact thing i said too when they delivered my two broken screens. They had been moving those screens on and off the truck all day unloading things, couple that with those guys rushing to deliver everything on time and you have the perfect recipe for broken screens.

On my third delivery i requested a morning delivery to avoid having the tv moved in and out of the truck. Luckily the tv arrived ok, i dont know how much having the tv delivered in the morning lead to it being ok, but every little bit helps.

All you guys pending tv's, i would recommend you request an early morning delivery to avoid this problem.
post #1188 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post

Wow thats horrific the broken smile.
Mine was cracked (141fd), but not that bad.

But now my 141 has no smiles, just blank stare. LOL

I shouldn't be surprised that it happened.

The same guy delievered both the first and second. He arrived in a old beat-up truck with an equally old camper top where my Kuro had to lay flat for it to fit. He seemed agitated when I asked him why this TV was delivered like this when it's suppose to upright at all times. He replied that it wouldn't have fit in his truck that way. --- Duh! Obviously! That's why you have a vehicle that can accommodate a TV of this size!
post #1189 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Hey guys, I have been somewhat following this thread and the owners thread and plan on making a purchase very very soon, within the next 2 weeks. I haven't really seen it mentioned in here but I see the running list of good and bad panels, is there one of the company that sold it and the shipping company used?

Also I have been looking for Authorized dealers here on the west coast and I just cant seem to really find any, seems all the sites are located on the east coast or at least the ones with the better prices. If anyone would be willing to point me in a general direction it would be very much appreaciated. Really looking forward to putting my order in in the next 2 weeks and moving the 800U to the bedroom and replacing it with this. Just got the green light from the wife so now I'm more active in my search.

LivingRoom: 65ZT60 / Oppo BDP93 / Pioneer Elite SC35 / REL T7 / HDP2500 / Def Tech Mythos Ones x 4, Eight, 2x Gem XL
Bedroom: 65VT30 / BDT320 / Apple TV
Office: KRP-500M
post #1190 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM

I had two different companies delivery my 3 sets, YRC and Pilot, both companies delivered a broken screen. The second attempt by Pilot netted me a good screen.

I went with Coza inc, but I am not sure where they are located, so cant help you out with west coast vendors.
post #1191 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Sammie - I don't think it matters much whether it's East or West Coast. Mine came from Nevada to California and it arrived damaged. It was transported by FedEx LTL, shipped upright, with no apparent damage to the box.
post #1192 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thanks for the info. Yeah I really didn't think it would matter that much if it was from east or west when it came to being damaged. I guess my frame of mind was shipping time, and I guess a little bit about damage thinking less time on the truck has a better chance of making it through in one piece and the sooner I can get my new toy.

Has anyone had any experience with Abe's of Main, Butterfly Photo, or MonitorOutlet. Chances are I'll probably go with one of the 3.

Thanks again in advance.

LivingRoom: 65ZT60 / Oppo BDP93 / Pioneer Elite SC35 / REL T7 / HDP2500 / Def Tech Mythos Ones x 4, Eight, 2x Gem XL
Bedroom: 65VT30 / BDT320 / Apple TV
Office: KRP-500M
post #1193 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie2980 View Post

Thanks for the info. Yeah I really didn't think it would matter that much if it was from east or west when it came to being damaged. I guess my frame of mind was shipping time, and I guess a little bit about damage thinking less time on the truck has a better chance of making it through in one piece and the sooner I can get my new toy.

Has anyone had any experience with Abe's of Main, Butterfly Photo, or MonitorOutlet. Chances are I'll probably go with one of the 3.

Thanks again in advance.

I have not dealt with any of the three but Abe's of Main seem to get a bad rep. Especially if you order a panel and it comes cracked. Because of this I looked into their return policy and it states something to the effect of we will not take back ANY televisions. Meaning if your TV comes cracked or has deadpixels you are S.O.L.! They say they will "work" with you to find an authorized repair center near you. So you will not get a replacment panel at all.
post #1194 of 1854 Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Just recieved my krp-500m from monitor outlet. Everything went great, other than the deliverer bringing the tv upside down on his dolly. He offered to bring the tv upstairs to my room (wasn't part of the arrangement) Unboxed, and everything was intact.
post #1195 of 1854 Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidassdrummer View Post

I have not dealt with any of the three but Abe's of Main seem to get a bad rep. Especially if you order a panel and it comes cracked. Because of this I looked into their return policy and it states something to the effect of we will not take back ANY televisions. Meaning if your TV comes cracked or has deadpixels you are S.O.L.! They say they will "work" with you to find an authorized repair center near you. So you will not get a replacment panel at all.

I would think that if you get one delivered and, after inspection, find either cracks or pixel problems, you could just refuse delivery. I believe their website has language as follows "...

Upon delivery, it is the consumers sole responsibility to inspect the TV/Big Screen/Rear Projection/ Monitor to insure that it is not physically damaged.

DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV/Big Screen/Rear Projection/Monitor. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product physically as is and CANNOT refute the charges for a physically damaged unit from that point forward.

If the merchandise is damaged, please make a notation on the delivery manifest, and have the delivery person sign as a witness to the damage."

I only noted that as I've got one on the way. If there's cracks/damage, etc - I'm going to refuse to sign the delivery manifest. Gotta admit, I've never been so nervous about an impending delivery......
post #1196 of 1854 Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie2980 View Post

Thanks again in advance.

I ordered a 600M from Monitor Outlet. First one arrived broken, I refused shipment and driver took it away. Monitor Outlet sent out a new one within a day or so, and second one delivered and working fine. I would recommend them.
post #1197 of 1854 Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 PM

never buy from abe`s of main
500m arrived cracked and they did not fully refund me and denied ,saying it was a scratch and no returns anyway on any sets regardless
i am now disputing with credit card company
post #1198 of 1854 Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 PM

How is Abe's of Maine getting away with this considering they are an authorized dealer? You'd figure Pioneer would have dropped them as a authorized dealer by now.

I'm considering a 500M purchase of a Panasonic 54V10, but these delivery issues are scaring me, as is the prospect of buying from an online dealer not authorized by Pioneer.

Who's the best dealer with low prices for a 500M? I'm considering Abe's only because they are authorized, but I'm planning a full inspection before even considering signing for delivery.
post #1199 of 1854 Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Uhh, they AREN'T an authorized Pioneer dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll0037 View Post

How is Abe's of Maine getting away with this considering they are an authorized dealer? You'd figure Pioneer would have dropped them as a authorized dealer by now.

I'm considering a 500M purchase of a Panasonic 54V10, but these delivery issues are scaring me, as is the prospect of buying from an online dealer not authorized by Pioneer.

Who's the best dealer with low prices for a 500M? I'm considering Abe's only because they are authorized, but I'm planning a full inspection before even considering signing for delivery.

post #1200 of 1854 Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 AM

Is there a forum sponser that is a pioneer authorized dealer for the krp models?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page