Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1854 Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Happy to say my KRP500M arrived today on perfect condition.

Also-----------Hi everyone I'm new here as well. Thanks for all of your info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1854 Old 07-24-2009, 01:03 PM

Ordered 600m from forum sponsor.

Arrived today by Pilot freight. Box in good condition strapped to custom pallet and upright against side of truck. Used truck lift to get it down and then placed pallet and all on a wheeled furniture cart. Rolled it into elevator and took it up to my place on the third floor. Once I got it inside I pulled off the top, and used a flashlight to check the screen.

One crack going diagonal from top left to bottom right.

Packed it back up and rolled it back down to the truck.

Hopefully better luck next time...
post #1263 of 1854 Old 07-24-2009, 04:03 PM

600m delivered by Fed Ex today, display ordered from a Forum member. Box was vertical on its own pallet. Don't have a driveway and the driver was alone so I helped him carry the box from the curb up some concrete steps to the house. Tipped him and he was more than agreeable to help me test it out, lift it up while I made connections, etc. Flashlight inspection showed no cracks, so powered up and am running the break-in dvd now.

Now I"m worrying about how to access the connections once this thing gets up on the wall..it's above a wide ledge that's only going to give me about six inches bottom clearance and the inputs are fairly high on the back. I'm thinking of buying every possible cable and connecting them all and hiding them on the mount in case I ever need it. Am wondering if I should have gotten a stand instead. Anyway it's here and seems to be in good working order. Yay!
post #1264 of 1854 Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 AM

Ordered a 500M from Beach Camera last week, came today with cracks in the upper left corner and left side of the glass. White Glove shipping was via Manna and then via FleetStreet. Beach Camera says they'll be shipping another one out.
post #1265 of 1854 Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM

Hello All! Back in April I had the misfortune of receiving 4 600M's with broken glass in a row. I said screw it! I will have to live without my dream display. Last week I decided that I would give it another try. Three days later the 5th 600M was delivered in perfect condition! All I can say is: AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Different dealer on this one, but it ended up with the same shipping company.
post #1266 of 1854 Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Liked: 11
COngrats. I made a decision that these HAVE to be on a pallet and shrink wrapped plus checking for damage before shipping also helps!
post #1267 of 1854 Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 PM

600M from Plasma Concepts. No cracks and display in mint condition. Set looks great.
post #1268 of 1854 Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay KRP owners, I need some advice. I'm in the process of house-hunting, and I'm certain that I want a 600m before stock is depleted. My intention would be to get the set, verify it works, do the break-in, and then box it back up until I find the house. However, I am a bit concerned about moving the set once it's in MY posession. Are they really so fragile that moving the back of a truck may kill the beloved Kuro? I only plan for an in-city move, but all the same...do I risk it?

Thanks for any advice. It's killing me to miss the opportunity for what I feel will be the best plasma for the next few years.
post #1269 of 1854 Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post

Okay KRP owners, I need some advice. I'm in the process of house-hunting, and I'm certain that I want a 600m before stock is depleted.

I say go for it! You can always move it yourself w/ friends when you move to your new house. I bought a 141 a few months back and have not regretted it once. Like you, I was afraid of missing out on one of the best panels ever made.

So from a Redmondite to a Seattleite - buy it!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #1270 of 1854 Old 08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theundertaking View Post

Happy to say my KRP500M arrived today on perfect condition.

Also-----------Hi everyone I'm new here as well. Thanks for all of your info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecctor View Post

Ordered 600m from forum sponsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merickson73 View Post

600M from Plasma Concepts. No cracks and display in mint condition. Set looks great.

Better late than never since the above were your first posts, but welcome to the forums! Sorry that vecctor got a cracked unit. Hopefully the next one will be perfect...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #1271 of 1854 Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Received my 500m from Vann's yesterday via FedEx Freight - upright on truck with lift gate. Everything checked out great visually and works like a charm so far.

(BTW the picture is STUNNING - I also just got a Panny 54V10 for another room and while I love that one I'm really amazed at the picture quality of the Kuro)
post #1272 of 1854 Old 08-04-2009, 05:42 PM

I just received my 600M from HifiOnline via CONWAY Freight and everything is perfect (no dead pixels, no scratches, no humming)!
Box was vertical on its own pallet and was undamaged.
What a relief!
post #1273 of 1854 Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Better late than never since the above were your first posts, but welcome to the forums! Sorry that vecctor got a cracked unit. Hopefully the next one will be perfect...

Ha, I guess it was my first post but I feel like a grizzled veteran after the weeks of forum thread reading I did while researching. This place is really a great resource.

Previous to this, I didn't even own a TV. I download all my shows and watched them on my 24" widescreen CRT. It is really nice, but I decided I would finally get a TV upon moving into my new place.

Anyway, try #2 on delivery seems to have worked out better.

Pilot freight again, with the same driver as last time. This time the 600m came without a pallet on the delivery truck (they may have just removed it before delivery, idk) but was strapped to the side. We checked it for cracks IN the truck this time, so we wouldn't have to move it if something was wrong. Flashlight test revealed nothing so we moved it up. I checked it again once we were inside and found no cracks either, so I am pretty sure I am good to go.

I wanted to turn it on to be sure, but it looks like the main power switch is on the bottom of the set. For some reason when I was reading the Kuro thread I thought it was on the side instead.

Is there any good way to get that turned on while it is still in the box? I am still searching around for stand/mount options.

This thing is really huge . . I think I may have gotten more TV than I bargained for!

Edit:

Ah, you can get the power button from the back, in the gap under the foam. Powered it up and got "no signal". Looks like it works
post #1274 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM

My friend ordered the 500M from eBay. He's not a member of avsforum, so I'll post his delivery result. I was there on delivery day to help unload the set it up.

It was shipped via FedEX Freight and was in transit for 4 days. It came with the pallet. Glad to say that it arrived in perfect condition...no cracks!! The TV is Gorgeous!
post #1275 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheedoe View Post

My friend ordered the 500M from eBay. He's not a member of avsforum, so I'll post his delivery result. I was there on delivery day to help unload the set it up.

It was shipped via FedEX Freight and was in transit for 4 days. It came with the pallet. Glad to say that it arrived in perfect condition...no cracks!! The TV is Gorgeous!

Wow that's surprising given it was shipped via FedEx. I'd never trust them to handle a plasma.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1276 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Joker View Post

Wow that's surprising given it was shipped via FedEx. I'd never trust them to handle a plasma.

FedEx Freight is a different entity compared to FedEx.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1277 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM

My FedEx delivered 500m was cracked. I found out after having to fight with the guy to give me one minute to inspect it. Hope the second attempt goes better. It's being delivered though someone else.
post #1278 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 01:50 PM

My 600 was delivered by FedEx Freight a few weeks ago. It was on two pallets and everything was shrink wrapped together. The delivery guy could not have been nicer. A+.
post #1279 of 1854 Old 08-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunt View Post

My 600 was delivered by FedEx Freight a few weeks ago. It was on two pallets and everything was shrink wrapped together. The delivery guy could not have been nicer. A+.

The bold part is the key. COngrats
post #1280 of 1854 Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunt View Post

This is great to hear as FedEx Freight is delivering my 600M on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed that this will be a good delivery.

Living life in HD!
Gene
post #1281 of 1854 Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM

I am doing the Happy Dance!!!!! My 600M arrived via FedEx LTL in perfect
condition. Driver was one of the nicest I have dealt with. Local guy knew
about inspecting the screen and even how to do it. He said he has delivered
10 of these without incident. Helped me bring into the house and was in no
hurry. Was not shrink wrapped, nor on small pallet. Again, No cracks, powers
on..no buzz.

Date of Mfg is Aug 08. Will be up on wall and running break-in cd within the
hour.

Thanks elite-home, I am now a proud member of the KURO family.

Living life in HD!
Gene
post #1282 of 1854 Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 AM

My KRP 500m arrived today from FedEx National in perfect shape! Was on a pallet. Running the break in right now. Big thanks again to Elite-Home!!!
post #1283 of 1854 Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 61
My KRP-500M arrived today via Yellow Freight. Not on a pallet, box was in perfect condition. No cracks, got the no input on power up. Driver helped me carry it in the house, then refused a $20 tip!
post #1284 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Got my 600 today. Took a deep breath, popped open the box, and found an absolutely stunningly perfect set. So relieved. The place I got it from, said it was the last set that Pioneer distribution had. I'm sure that means in my area (Orange County, CA).

She's all mounted on the wall, and running through the break-in dvd. I've got a huge smile on my face, just watching full screen colors pop up on the thing! I can't wait to see it at it's full potential.
post #1285 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 AM

My 600m arrived today as well. Wasn't on the palet and was just strapped to the side of the truck. However, no visible cracks and went to the no input screen when I powered it up.

Should note it came FedEx Freight from Colorado.

Chalk up another Win for Roman.
post #1286 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 AM

I have been reading a few threads here and it looks like UPS delivery is not recommended.

I just bought a 500M from Abes of Maine. UPS is free. Private trucking option is $90.

Is it definitely worth the extra money for the private trucking? I am tapped from the HDTV purchase...
post #1287 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflandis View Post

I have been reading a few threads here and it looks like UPS delivery is not recommended.

I just bought a 500M from Abes of Maine. UPS is free. Private trucking option is $90.

Is it definitely worth the extra money for the private trucking? I am tapped from the HDTV purchase...

Ok, well...I went with the trucking option. They also sold me on a 4-year in-home warranty replacement guarantee for $199. Don't know if that was the best idea. Kind of skeptical about extended warranty's.
post #1288 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflandis View Post

Ok, well...I went with the trucking option. They also sold me on a 4-year in-home warranty replacement guarantee for $199. Don't know if that was the best idea. Kind of skeptical about extended warranty's.

Is the warranty through Abe's or a third party. I was skeptical as well but Consumer reports stated Mack extended warranties were excellent additions so I went for a 3 year.
post #1289 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Does it say Made in the USA on the carton? How can we verify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

all of the Pioneer Kuros for the US market are assembled in California. That shipper is just wrongly implying that the sets are being built overseas and then cracked in shipping to the US.

The panels are being shipped over from Japan but the final assembly is in California, so any damage is happening after they leave the plant in California.

post #1290 of 1854 Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM

Assembled in the U.S.A. - on the carton and the panel.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page