Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1854 Old 09-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received my set today. bought from Beach Camera, delivered by MFY. Not strapped to a pallet and the box was in exquisite shape. Two guys brought it up two flighs of stairs. No stuck pixels, no cracked glass and no buzz. I have it in break in mode right now and watching HBO in HD for the next 150 hours. Can't wait for this thing to break in and get the settings up and running. So far so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1854 Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTwo View Post

Few of the KPR-500M owner posted that the stand is included in their order. Could these owners please specify the type and model of the stand that they receive (ie. KPR-TS02, PDK-TS23 or generic). VE does not include the stand and trying to decide if their package is comparable.

hint - see ebay

Other AVS members and I used this older swivel stand on our 500M's. Works perfect as indicated below.. The photo should be attached. Quote from eelton:

"The PDK-1012 has worked fine with my 500M. Just mount the support posts higher than normal, using one bolt instead of two. Also, when you screw the posts into the 500M, use the 30 mm bolts; the 40 mm ones are too long."

note - I also went to my hardware store and bought two identical additional bolts, four bolts hold my KRP onto the two post - and one bolt connects each post onto the base (that weighs 24 lbs itself) - I added felt pads onto the bottom.
LL
post #1353 of 1854 Old 09-01-2009, 07:34 PM

I just received my 500M this morning from Pilot (ordered via Monitor Outlet). I was initially about to have a coronary, as there was a huge dent on the side of the box, like a beam of wood had run into it (covered with tape to "hide" it). I was worried this was the screen side, bad enough any side. The Pilot guys took it upstairs for me and unboxed it, the screen was flawless, ran a flashlight with no sign of any issue. Huge sigh of relief (can't say how many times I've had daymares thinking the set was going to be smashed and there were no more stock of 500Ms anywhere).

Power up was fine (thank goodness as I felt bad about holding the Pilot guys any longer). Ran some demo video and it was the beautiful gorgeous I've been pumping myself up to over the last couple weeks. Running the break-in right now, can't bear to think about not sneaking in some actual viewing before it's done (I think I will break down on the break-in, for a little).

The stand I received from Monitor Outlet (which is the only one they were giving with the promo) was the KRP-TS02PM, which is definitely not worth $200 but sufficient enough for now. The mfg. date was April 2009.
post #1354 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 AM

My KRP-500M arrived via FedEx ground yesterday afternoon. The box was not on a pallet and one of the straps was missing. It was strapped to the side near the back of a mostly empty truck. There were no signs of hits to the box.

The driver and I carried it inside and he helped me inspect it. There was no visible damage. I fumbled too long getting the power cord installed and turned on the main power. Had no luck using the o/- power button on theright side, so installed the batteries in the remote. "No imput signal" appeared on the screen....YAY!!! I then thanked the driver, signed the delivery slip, and tipped him. He was very patient.
It has been playing the burn in disc all night and a Star Wars disc produced a good picture.
I hope to get it mounted on the WM-02 wall mount also purhased from Bobbie at elite home sometime this weekend.
Thanks, Bobbie
post #1355 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 AM

I picked up my 500M at the YRC terminal yesterday, as the driver could not find my house on Monday.
The box was in good condition, and the display is perfect. I was concerned about the shipping, since it was going from Montana to Virginia. I ordered it online from Vann's and received the PDK-TS23 stand "free".
It is a very nice, sturdy stand!
post #1356 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTwo View Post

Few of the KPR-500M owner posted that the stand is included in their order. Could these owners please specify the type and model of the stand that they receive (ie. KPR-TS02, PDK-TS23 or generic). VE does not include the stand and trying to decide if their package is comparable.

I received the free PDK-TS23 with my 500M from Vanns.

Jamese777
Perpetual Newbie
post #1357 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 AM

first post here and i ordered my KRP-500m from MO last night. I called them this morning and they informed me that the monitors are on backorder and Pioneer has already shipped them new shipments slated to arrive at their facility in 7-10 business days.

Just wanted to give the community a heads up before you guys place an order =) It says "in stock" on their website and in their system but Rich called me to tell me they're out =/

Do you guys know of any place that have the 500m as low as MO but with the monitor stand? I'll definitely need one since I'm not going to wall mount this bad boy.
post #1358 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Should have reported this a month ago when they arrived, but both my 500M and 600M from Value Electronics showed up in fine shape - notwithstanding that the 600M was still on board when Robert's installers' van got clobbered in the nose by a drunk driver who ran a red light.
post #1359 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by p59teitel View Post

Should have reported this a month ago when they arrived, but both my 500M and 600M from Value Electronics showed up in fine shape - notwithstanding that the 600M was still on board when Robert's installers' van got clobbered in the nose by a drunk driver who ran a red light.

You must have been one of the last to receive a shipped 600. Doesn't seem like many retailers are taking chances on mailing these things out anymore.
post #1360 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

You must have been one of the last to receive a shipped 600. Doesn't seem like many retailers are taking chances on mailing these things out anymore.

It wasn't delivered via a commercial shipping or freight company. Robert's installers brought it in their van, where it was carefully packed and snugly held in place.
post #1361 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by p59teitel View Post

Hopefully that driver was not Vancouver, after celebrating his 141's first birthday!

Sorry - couldn't resist!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #1362 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Hopefully that driver was not Vancouver, after celebrating his 141's first birthday!

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Nah, Vancouver has way too much respect for a Kuro to ever endanger one by driving drunk.
post #1363 of 1854 Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Just received my 500M from Pilot/Monitor Outlet.

It was delivered in a Van. The box looked great and so did the 500M. I powered it on and all was good. I heard a very faint buzz when right next to the panel...but it was non-existent a few feet away. Hopefully it's also quiet on super bright scenes too...

So very charged to get this up and running. Aesthetically...the TV is gorgeous...I can't wait to see the PQ...
post #1364 of 1854 Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Also just had my 500M delivered from Monitor Outlet and Pilot.

Drivers would not wait for me to open and test the unit, so I wrote 'could not perform inspection' and also e-mailed Monitor Outlet.

Rich from Monitor Outlet responded right away and said to just e-mail him if there were any problems.

No cracks/dead pixels/buzzing noises that I can see or hear.

Outside box did not have any damage.

Manufacture Date of April 2009.

I'll be pairing this with the Sony sound bar as soon as it arrives.

Any thoughts on Square trade vs. Mack warranty?

Thanks again for all the help on this forum; this is my first major tv/monitor purchase and it's worked out great so far.
post #1365 of 1854 Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 PM

Anyone has experience with the 4 year extended service offered my Monitor Outlet? Would you recommend the service? Thanks.
post #1366 of 1854 Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Just received my 600M via Fed Ex Freight and it arrived in perfect condition. On it's own pallet, shrink wrapped, no visible damage on the box. My wife was home and signed for it without inspecting it, so I panicked a bit at first. Glad to say it was in pristine condition on unpacking.

Thanks Elite-Home for a great transaction!
post #1367 of 1854 Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Got my 600m from Pilot, bought from MO.
When I called in for delivery appointment, I asked if it's on a pallet. It wasn't. I was a bit upset and told them about my cracked screen last time. They said they'll open it and check it before delivering.

It arrived fine this time despite being taken off the pallet, I'm relieved to say. There was evidence that box has been opened and TV actually turned on, which I'm amazed at. Now I'm just starting the break-in process.
post #1368 of 1854 Old 09-05-2009, 11:18 AM

Shipped from Abe's of Maine, August 2009.

No damage, cracks, pixel problems or blemishes. Overall, perfect condition.

I opted for the private trucking option which they charge about $90 for. They worked a deal where they included the trucking option for free since I bought a 5 year Mack warranty and the PDK-TS23 stand. Happy with the purchase. Was not delivered on a pallet. Came in Pioneers packaging secured inside the truck. One guy delivered it and I helped him lift the TV out of the truck. He was nice and waited until I finished inspecting the unit. Inspection is a must with Abe's. Their policy is that once you accept delivery no returns are allowed and you must use manufactures warranty. If you find damage upon inspection you must refuse unit. A bit of a gamble if other damage was found after signing invoice, but it worked out well.

Manufactured: April 2009.
LL
post #1369 of 1854 Old 09-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Mine is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday by YRC (Local Service Center at Houston, TX). Their web site says it is out for delivery today. I called and the automated system says the same thing. Does anyone have experience with YRC? Do they actually deliver on weekend ahead of schedule like this? By the way, mine is shipped from Vann's and they use Time-Critical Service. Thanks
post #1370 of 1854 Old 09-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Just chat with them and they says it is an error :-(. Could not wait until Tuesday
post #1371 of 1854 Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
anybody checking for dead pixels in addition to cracks. if so what's the best procedure?

also should i even attempt to move it from the sidewalk to my apartment by myself? delivery said curbside only. just hoping the driver will be nice enought to help me get it inside and let me plug it in before i sign for it.

thanks
post #1372 of 1854 Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I have one stuck red pixel in the top right corner. No big deal to me, can only see it on a solid white background when only a foot away from screen. As far as moving it from the curb into the house by myself, I would not try. It's a 2 person job.
post #1373 of 1854 Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 AM

Received my KRP-500 from Monitoroutlet.com a couple days ago and everything was perfect
post #1374 of 1854 Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ordered my 600m from Monitor Outlet (I think I might have gotten the last one), and Rich and Jared from there were EXTREMELY nice and helpful. I havn't heard of them before reading about them on this site and I HIGHLY recommend them.

The courier they used was Pilot Air, and Pilot had the TV in on Friday and I was going to pick it up myself but once I found out they did not allow inspection on pickup I decided to let them deliver it. The driver came to my house (late) yesterday and the TV was NOT on a pallet and not shrink wrapped. The box also had evidence of damage on the edges and the straps were put on so tight it cut through the cardboard. The driver was careful unloading it but I had my doubts on the TV. The driver was nice, he brought the TV inside my home, unpacked it and plugged it in for me. There were no cracks and no buzzing and I got the no video input as soon as it was powered in! I was amazed how it was in prestine condition despite the box taking a beating!

I will put it in its final resting place in about a week (still painting the media room) so I can't fully test it or break it in but I am very happy!

A+ to MO!
post #1375 of 1854 Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Hi:
I have a 500M coming probably tomorrow from MO as well. I am wondering how you test it during the delivery. Did you just take it out and lay it flat on the floor and visually look for cracks and then plug in the power and see if it powers up while it is on the floor?
Thanks.
post #1376 of 1854 Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood65 View Post

Hi:
I have a 500M coming probably tomorrow from MO as well. I am wondering how you test it during the delivery. Did you just take it out and lay it flat on the floor and visually look for cracks and then plug in the power and see if it powers up while it is on the floor?
Thanks.

Cut the straps, remove the outer box, take the protective cloth off, take a flash light and go across the perimeter looking for cracks, take a step back look at the panel as a whole and see if you spot any cracks, plug in the unit and try to hear a buzz (a low buzz is ok, if high this might be because of cracks) then check to see if you see no video input.

That is what I have done.
post #1377 of 1854 Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 PM

For those who received their 500M from MO, what was your manufacturing date? I just received mine and on the box it said Nov 08. Any issues with older stock? I was surprised it wasn't a later date. Delivery was from one person (although he was very nice and helped me to unpack), no pallet or shrink-wrap. Did not find any cracks but I did find a dead pixel. Worth trying to return?
post #1378 of 1854 Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
just spoke with fedex freight. i was concerned about shipping damage and asked if the driver would wait while i inspect.

the rep said that they would not wait and never do. if any problems they will take it back and arrange with seller for another one. she said that this is just how they have been working with vann's and cannot change the procedure.

is the only reason to inspect on delivery for faster turnaround? i suppose the trouble of having to be there for pickups and another delivery date as well.
post #1379 of 1854 Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosng View Post

just spoke with fedex freight. i was concerned about shipping damage and asked if the driver would wait while i inspect.

the rep said that they would not wait and never do. if any problems they will take it back and arrange with seller for another one. she said that this is just how they have been working with vann's and cannot change the procedure.

is the only reason to inspect on delivery for faster turnaround? i suppose the trouble of having to be there for pickups and another delivery date as well.

Pilot Air told me they would do the same (not inspect) but I gave the driver a nice tip and he even plugged it in for me.

I made sure it worked then signed.
post #1380 of 1854 Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Pilot just delivered my KRP-500M ordered from Monitor Outlet. The driver was really nice and help me carry the TV to my living room and open the box for me. I was using the flash light to check for the crack. Before I noticed anything, the driver actually pointed out the big crack to me. It is very hard to see the crack even with flash light. Maybe I will eventually see it, but I really thank him for that. So I refused the delivery and called MO. MO said they will call me when they receive the next shipment (expected sometimes next week) and will then send it out to me right away. I was actually afraid that MO will tell me that no more 500M left.

I had planned on spending the whole weekend setting up my whole system, reading the manuals and starting the break-in process. Oh well, I guess I still have to wait for at least two more weeks to do that.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page