post #1531 of 1854 Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1976 View Post

Damn! what did Abe's say? Did you notice it before you signed for it? That sucks man

They made me sign before I inspected it but after I found the crack the guy loaded it back in his truck and took it. I called Abes afterword and they told me they would send me another one after they got that one back or something but I told them I just wanted a refund. I've been playing musical TVs for about a month and half now and I don't want to wait any longer, so now I'm going to just pick up a 58S1 here locally tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1854 Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM

Liked: 10
Just got my KRP-500m from quickclick on ebay. It took one week from the time I bought it to delivery. It shipped from NV to TX. RL guy helped me carry it up to my apartment on the second floor and waited while I checked for cracks and plugged it in. All is good.
post #1533 of 1854 Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Ok, promised an update after the first KRP-600 cracked last week from MO

For my second delivery I called Pilot Air HQ in PA. and spoke to VP Gordon and explained that there was no pallet and the drivers were 3.5 hours late
He was very apologetic and had Amrit from his Bay Area Warehouse call me to arrange an 8am delivery on the pallet

Sure enough,This morning in a heavy rain, Pilot shows up with the KRP-600 with a metal band around the TV on the wood pallet. The driver forgot his cutting tool but someone unlatched it. Same Feb 2009 Mfg and from MO

They lifted it on to the stand I had purchased and I checked with a flashlight and no cracks, plugged her in and got the no signal :>)

Now I will start the Break-In DVD on the new PS3 Slim for 150 hours and then get a new special wire to connect Macbook Pro to HDMI to watch NBA Broadband where I can watch several games at once in HD without a Cable/Sattelite subscription. I want to thank everyone at AVS for your excellent feedback

QUESTIONS
I would like to purchase a 4 YEar Square Trade Warranty so if you can PM me the price and contact, I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone thinks Mack is better than I would like to take your opinion into consideration

If anyone knows how to make the PS3 Repeat the 42 Minute breakin disk, that would also be helpful
post #1534 of 1854 Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM

I ordered the 500M from Abe's of Maine last week and it arrived this morning.

Carrier was Rude Transportation Co., the set was not on a pallet, but strapped securely to the side of the truck with nothing around it.

The driver helped me take it into the basement to inspect it. I didn't' see any visible cracks so I plugged it in to see if it would turn on. The set had a LOUD buzzing and then the standby would blink red. I fiddled with this to try and get it working and ended up calling Abe's. They said they'd send a Pio rep out there to fix it at no additional cost (they asked about shipping damage first, and I told them I didn't see any yet). The driver mentioned that after a 1/2 hour he would have to charge me more, so I signed his ticket under the impression that my set would be fixed. Well 2 min after I sign the ticket and he leaves, I go over the set again with a flash light only to find 2 hairline fractures near the top of the set on each corner. So, I call Abe's back and they said to send in damage photos to get a claim started. I haven't heard back after emailing the photos, but hopefully they'll pull through.

Just kind of a big mess right now, but there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel!
post #1535 of 1854 Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Liked: 11
Got my 500M from quickclicksales today too. It was delivered by Estes and was fully strapped down to a pallet and then wrapped in plastic. I was actually impressed with how well it was shipped.

No cracks at all and it works perfect. Just a little bit of buzz, but nothing major and it doesn't bother me at all.

I decided to pop in Iron Man on Blu-Ray and watch the cave scene before I started the break-in process and I was just blown away. The detail in the dark cave was just awesome. Now I just have to wait 150 hours before I can watch the whole thing, haha.

All in all: I highly recommend these guys.
post #1536 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 AM

Great report! Enjoy your new panel Cloggerdude!
Are you going to have it calibrated?

TRUST in your EARS!
post #1537 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggerdude View Post

I decided to pop in Iron Man on Blu-Ray and watch the cave scene before I started the break-in process and I was just blown away. The detail in the dark cave was just awesome. Now I just have to wait 150 hours before I can watch the whole thing, haha.

Are you having it calibrated, or are you using D-Nice's settings after the 150 hrs.? And yes the details in dark scenes smack you in the face (at least for me when compared to my old display)...
post #1538 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amherst View Post

Great report! Enjoy your new panel Cloggerdude!
Are you going to have it calibrated?

Yeah, I'm probably going to get D-Nice to do it next time he makes a trip around my area. I missed this trip, but hopefully he'll have another one soon.
post #1539 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah, I'm probably going to get D-Nice to do it next time he makes a trip around my area. I missed this trip, but hopefully he'll have another one soon.

Then there is no need to rush and do the 150 hrs. If mixing non-screen-filling content you can just watch like you normally would and this will break it in naturally...enjoy!
post #1540 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew664 View Post

Question for those that ordered through Abe's.

Did they set you up with Icat? (logistics company, I don't know if they actually deliver the set themselves or subcontract that out)

How soon from the time you bought the set did the shipping company (Icat?) call you to let you know when it was coming? How soon from that point until it was at your door step?

Just trying to get my bearings here as I'll be out of town for a couple days and the only shipping info I have available says the set is in route. No phone call for delivery yet.

Hello, If you still need this info. Yes, Abe's set up shipping with ICAT when I paid for the additional trucking option. I opted for that over the free UPS. It took about the standard 5 days to reach ICAL in Los Angeles, CA after Abe's said it shipped. ICAT then called me and set-up a scheduled time. It was like a 3 hour window that it would be delivered. Delivery to my front door was scheduled the day after ICAT recieved the TV. So, I would say 6-7 days actual shipping time plus weekend. You probably already recieved the TV though? If so, how was your experience with Abe's and the shipping?

- OH! Just saw your update above. Bummer man. I was very weary about Abe's, No Return Once Delivered Policy. I hope they work it out with you. They should since you were rushed by the driver. Thats not right. Be persistant. I picked up a 5-year Mack warranty to be safe for the long run too. I look forward for your updates.
post #1541 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvandenb View Post

Then there is no need to rush and do the 150 hrs. If mixing non-screen-filling content you can just watch like you normally would and this will break it in naturally...enjoy!

Yes, I know, but since I won't be able to have it calibrated for a while, I want to be able to use his settings. Thanks for the advice though.
post #1542 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 PM

Just got my Pioneer 600M this evening. The TV was shipped through FedEx and arrived on a huge truck, securely strapped to a pallet. The delivery guy helped me bring it right into my living, and patiently waited as I did the flashlight thing, figured out where to plug it in, etc. Absolutely no cracks, no loud buzzing, and no signs of any defects whatsoever.

A huge "thank you" to Bobby at Elite Home. He was great and made the process go flawlessly. I placed my order on Monday at 8:20 pm. By 9:00 am on the next day, FedEx had called to arrange a delivery for Weds. Unbelievely fast shipping.

I've been running the break in DVD, for the last few hours. My next challenge will be getting hold of a wall mount that fits the strange non VESA Pioneer bolt set up and doesn't cost a fortune.
post #1543 of 1854 Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch View Post

Just got my Pioneer 600M this evening. The TV was shipped through FedEx and arrived on a huge truck, securely strapped to a pallet. The delivery guy helped me bring it right into my living, and patiently waited as I did the flashlight thing, figured out where to plug it in, etc. Absolutely no cracks, no loud buzzing, and no signs of any defects whatsoever.

A huge "thank you" to Bobby at Elite Home. He was great and made the process go flawlessly. I placed my order on Monday at 8:20 pm. By 9:00 am on the next day, FedEx had called to arrange a delivery for Weds. Unbelievely fast shipping.

I've been running the break in DVD, for the last few hours. My next challenge will be getting hold of a wall mount that fits the strange non VESA Pioneer bolt set up and doesn't cost a fortune.

congrats on the new monitor! i believe value electronics has a wall mount for the 600m u might want to check out.
post #1544 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch View Post

Why are you running the break-in DVD?

I'm happy with the Peerless ST670P for my 6070, I believe it fits the 600M as well and doesn't cost a fortune.
post #1545 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 AM

i ordered a 500m from Vanns a few weeks ago. i'm a bit late reporting here. vanns shipped it promptly and the monitor arrived undamaged and works fine--no loud buzzing. i hope it stays that way. i ran the break-in dvd for 150 hours and i'm now enjoying watching blu-ray movies.

build date: april 2009
post #1546 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflandis View Post

Hello, If you still need this info. Yes, Abe's set up shipping with ICAT when I paid for the additional trucking option. I opted for that over the free UPS. It took about the standard 5 days to reach ICAL in Los Angeles, CA after Abe's said it shipped. ICAT then called me and set-up a scheduled time. It was like a 3 hour window that it would be delivered. Delivery to my front door was scheduled the day after ICAT recieved the TV. So, I would say 6-7 days actual shipping time plus weekend. You probably already recieved the TV though? If so, how was your experience with Abe's and the shipping?

They offered me an additional shipping option and I refused it and my set was shipped with ICAT. It sounds like there up-sell is a bit of a scam and they ship it the same no matter what you pay for. Also, a little bit of an update on my cracked set, my refund arrive in my account today just 3 days after my set arrived with a crack.
post #1547 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post

They offered me an additional shipping option and I refused it and my set was shipped with ICAT. It sounds like there up-sell is a bit of a scam and they ship it the same no matter what you pay for. Also, a little bit of an update on my cracked set, my refund arrive in my account today just 3 days after my set arrived with a crack.

Sounds like it is a scam. I did first refuse it. They said ok, it will ship out UPS and they do not recommend it because they will just drop it off at the front door and they do not handle shipments with care. They did not offer free trucking after I refused. They continued to convince me to upgrade to trucking to avoid damage. I said I would call them back. I checked the forum and saw so many negative reviews for TV's being shipped with UPS/Fedex I ended up choosing the trucking option. The only positive thing is that I did not pay full value for the shipping. They worked up a package that included the pioneer stand, 5 year Mack warrenty, and shipping for a reduced price...satisfied in the end. But I have to say, Abe's is scammy and you need make sure you take care of your interests when dealing with them or you will be taken advantage of.
post #1548 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 AM

Just got off the phone with quickieclickie about shipping of my 500.
I had no shipping info sent to me up to this point, ordered six days ago, last Saturday.
The seller came up with shipping info indicating fed-wreck the display-ex
is handling the unit out of Reno,NV. Scheduled for delivery next Thursday on the east coast.
A company called LTL longhaul is involved with fed-wreck the display-ex
and is listed in the tracking as service type.

Any one have experience with this delivery method?

TRUST in your EARS!
post #1549 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Has anyone had a KRP-500 shipped to Canada, and if so, where did you order it from and how was it shipped. Thanks
post #1550 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW747 View Post

I'm happy with the Peerless ST670P for my 6070, I believe it fits the 600M as well and doesn't cost a fortune.

I am running the Evangelos break-in DVD on the advice of several people on this forum (like D Nice), who make a strong argument regarding the benefits of evenly aging the phosphors. I have adjusted the various settings recommended by D Nice and will run the DVD for about 150 hours.

Once the break-in period is complete, I will adjust my TV to the post-calibration settings posted by Elite-Home. This seems to be the closest thing to a reference setting for the 600M. In the absence of a custom calibration, this appears to be my best option, or at least a good first step.
post #1551 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Yes, I know, but since I won't be able to have it calibrated for a while, I want to be able to use his settings. Thanks for the advice though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but D-Nice would have to adjust the settings for your specific panel, right? That's like saying all 600m non ifc settings are universal. He might have to work a little harder cause all of the pixels won't have age "exactly" the same though, lol. I don't see the point. Especially if you are going to have maybe close to 500 hours by then. I can tell you one thing for sure. As soon as you start watching mixed content the pixels will start aging differently. Even if you used the break in disc or not. I dunno... Him calibrating it isn't going to stop pixels from aging at different rates. Which means no matter who cals your display, you will probably need to cal every couple of years. I dunno. Just my opinion.
post #1552 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 04:08 PM

My 600m came in from MO a couple days ago after the first one got smashed before it even made it to the sac terminal. This one is FLAWLESS! Not even a hint of a buzz, except on the mostly white screens of course. I LOVE this frickin' display.
post #1553 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW747 View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. I just checked out the Peerless and the price appears a lot more reasonable than some of the other mounts, which can cost upwards of $300. I was hoping to pick up an inexpensive monoprice unit, but it looks like they don't make a capatible mount.
post #1554 of 1854 Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progrhythmical View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but D-Nice would have to adjust the settings for your specific panel, right? That's like saying all 600m non ifc settings are universal. He might have to work a little harder cause all of the pixels won't have age "exactly" the same though, lol. I don't see the point. Especially if you are going to have maybe close to 500 hours by then. I can tell you one thing for sure. As soon as you start watching mixed content the pixels will start aging differently. Even if you used the break in disc or not. I dunno... Him calibrating it isn't going to stop pixels from aging at different rates. Which means no matter who cals your display, you will probably need to cal every couple of years. I dunno. Just my opinion.

I think you misunderstood me.

I'm not running the break-in slides because I plan to have D-Nice calibrate my display. I'm running them because I'm not going to have him calibrate my display...not for a few months at least.

In the meantime, I'm going to be using the settings he has posted for the 500M. Not as accurate as a full calibration, but definitely a lot better than I could do by myself. The only way those settings are going to come close to being accurate though is if I run the break-in slides for the first 150 hours. I've already ordered the ISF patch, so hopefully I'll have everything

As an aside, I just checked and I am 79hours into the break-in process. Looks like I should be ready to rock-n-roll by Monday/Tuesday. I've already ordered the ISF patch, so hopefully I'll have everything ready by then.
post #1555 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 12:21 PM

Oh... I understand now. That makes total sense And 79 hours!? Very nice! I'm at 13 and can't wait to calibrate this baby! Although I must admit, the krp's performance has been making these hours painlessly go by
post #1556 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 03:31 PM

Shipped a Krp500m from value elec. all the way to Iceland , no problems.

value electron. couldnt have been better.

I'm at ca 100 hours at breakin w/ Dnices settings-

One pixel stuck, which flashes when its very green. Hoping it unstucks.
post #1557 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
^You may be hoping in vain. :P I've had 2 Elites with bad/stuck pixels not recover after hundreds of hours.
post #1558 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^You may be hoping in vain. :P I've had 2 Elites with bad/stuck pixels not recover after hundreds of hours.

Meh. Guess im lucky though its only one and I cant notice it in my regular seating distance.

Have you had a stuck pixel that flashes sometimes?
post #1559 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Yes...on the first Elite I had. Had a tech visit and he juiced the TV (using the service menu) to try to get it to stabilize and that fixed it temporarily. After returning power to normal levels, the green subpixel would still intermittently fail to alight. I could see it a little too clearly from my sitting distance of 6 feet out, so I sold it.

The second Elite I had was pixel-perfect for 6 months...only to develop 2 dead pixels that I saw by accident when close to the screen. I'm learning to cope until a better TV comes along (or at least one that matches performance-wise and is available in a 55" size).
post #1560 of 1854 Old 10-17-2009, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I ordered my KRP-600m from avindemand.com so far they have been great. I was very reluctant, seeing there website looks pretty cheap. But I spoke with them on the phone for about 20 minutes before purchasing, not once did they try to upsell me on anything. I ordered it about 9pm at night, the very next day I got the shipping confirmation with a tracking number, and I think it will be here on Tuesday. It sure is going a long way, from New Jersey to Utah so I really really hope it doesn't have any cracks or problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page