post #151 of 1854 Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbanks View Post

Another cracked screen 600m delivered today to Cary, NC and refused from Federal Express, ordered March 14, shipped from Sparks NV on 3/20. I'm giving Alex another try, hopefully shipping from Louisville KY location this time. Upgrade itis replacing my 2002 Pio 503CMX working fine but the 600m looked gorgeous. Fingers crossed.

It will be worth your time and patience if you can stick it out. Its looks even better powered on than it does sitting there powered off...lol...

UPDATED!

PS - I wasnt really paying attention to the fact that if all the people that were unfortunate to get the broken ones and havent got replacements yet, that if those all get resolved and they get good ones, we will have like 30ish new 60" plasma owners on here. Thats a good chunk of people, and that is in only about a 3-4 week period. Thats pretty sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1854 Old 03-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Liked: 11
all these threads are now scaring me; my panel was supposedly shipped, although I do not have a tracking number yet. it will be coming from denver, from what I am told. the dealer told me that their shipping problem is very, very minor. but I think it's before he started selling the 600m. Will keep you guys posted when I get mine, which I hope it will be this week.....
post #153 of 1854 Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 PM

Well, my 600m is supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon after a two day delay from louisville. Honestly I'm getting a little anxious after reading these posts, but hoping for the best. Fed Ex said I could pick it up at their dock today but didn't want to take any chances in case I broke it then I'd be sh* out of luck.
So I'll report back when delvery and inspection are done.
post #154 of 1854 Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Freak View Post

Well, my 600m is supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon after a two day delay from louisville. Honestly I'm getting a little anxious after reading these posts, but hoping for the best. Fed Ex said I could pick it up at their dock today but didn't want to take any chances in case I broke it then I'd be sh* out of luck.
So I'll report back when delvery and inspection are done.

Good call make sure to have them deliver it so you can check for damage upon delivery.
post #155 of 1854 Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM

well, my table stand should be here tomorrow via UPS. but then according to the tracking, so is my tv. I have not gotten any calls yet from the trucking company, and it is scheduled to be here 4/1, I get it, it must be april fools! lol. I am in Ohio and the TV is in Missouri as of now, I don't see how they can get it here tomorrow, and even if they can, I have to work late, so looks like at least Thursday is the earliest I would get it....

still keeping my fingers crossed for the monitor delivery.
post #156 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Good luck to all those that are awaiting delivery. Keep us posted!
post #157 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I will be reporting this afternoon on round 2.
post #158 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM

sigh.......so I found out that the dealer had goofed up my shipping address, and both the TV and the stand had the wrong address! I was able to straighten it out with the trucking company, so that is good (for now) but my stand couldn't be delivered, and I will have to pick it up at the UPS facility tonight. yikes....hope all this trouble will be worth it in the end. Will keep you guys posted. sorry if this just sound like a rant, because it is! lol
post #159 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 PM

HOORAY:

My 600M was delivered this afternoon via Fed Ex LTL .
Kuro was on a pallet strapped down. One man delivery,but I helped him get it off that 28' semi trailer very carefully. With a hand truck bought it into my garage and we opened it for inspection and guess what NO CRACKED SCREEN!
The Stand order is delayed til friday so I'll have to wait to set up.

Has anybody powered up thier sets while sitting in the styrofoam bottom?
I would like to see how this set looks and if there are any issues with it.
Thanks
post #160 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM

My 600m was delivered by Pilot earlier today (no pallet) and it arrived in perfect condition. My mount hasn't arrived yet, so I powered mine on in the styrofoam box to ensure there weren't any other issues.
post #161 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred80 View Post

My 600m was delivered by Pilot earlier today (no pallet) and it arrived in perfect condition. My mount hasn't arrived yet, so I powered mine on in the styrofoam box to ensure there weren't any other issues.

quick question, is it easily accessible? to hook up the power and turn it on while still having the bottom portion still in the styrofoam?
post #162 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 PM

My 2nd replacement set delivered an hour ago. Sent it back, Cracked Screen AGAIN.......

This has got to be a nightmare for Pioneer. The shipper seems to think the problem is shipping from the factory, wherever that is. Mine is coming from Illinois to NY, 5 day delivery. This is being handled by 3 shippers by the time it gets to my home. What a PITA!

My first 151FD was August 2008, second was January 2009 build, no difference, both cracked, 1st worst than 2nd one. Maybe this TV wasn't meant to be?

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
post #163 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM

You can absolutely do this. I watched my set like this for a couple of days before getting it wall mounted. I believe I had to reach under to the bottom to turn on the power and the remote only worked if you were right up by the set, but it was fine.
post #164 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Freak View Post

HOORAY:

My 600M was delivered this afternoon via Fed Ex LTL .
Kuro was on a pallet strapped down. One man delivery,but I helped him get it off that 28' semi trailer very carefully. With a hand truck bought it into my garage and we opened it for inspection and guess what NO CRACKED SCREEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred80 View Post

My 600m was delivered by Pilot earlier today (no pallet) and it arrived in perfect condition.

Awesome news guys! Glad to hear more positive results. Keep us posted with pics in the owners thread when you get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_axel View Post

My 2nd replacement set delivered an hour ago. Sent it back, Cracked Screen AGAIN.......

This has got to be a nightmare for Pioneer. The shipper seems to think the problem is shipping from the factory, wherever that is. Mine is coming from Illinois to NY, 5 day delivery. This is being handled by 3 shippers by the time it gets to my home. What a PITA!

My first 151FD was August 2008, second was January 2009 build, no difference, both cracked, 1st worst than 2nd one. Maybe this TV wasn't meant to be?

So, are these all 151FD's that are arriving cracked? If so, that sucks to hear that they have some issues as well. I think alot of breakage happens on here and gets covered up and/or not posted about, but I dunno for sure. Once you start to track a problem, it shows alot more of the problem than meets the eye initially. Hope that three is a charm. Good luck and let us know!

** PS - Anyone with the 600M, please share any settings you may use if you get it calibrated at some point. Share them over in the owners thread if you wouldn't mind, as it would be greatly appreciated by all!

UPDATED!
post #165 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My 2nd replacement set delivered an hour ago. Sent it back, Cracked Screen AGAIN... This has got to be a nightmare for Pioneer. The shipper seems to think the problem is shipping from the factory, wherever that is. Mine is coming from Illinois to NY, 5 day delivery. This is being handled by 3 shippers by the time it gets to my home. What a PITA! My first 151FD was August 2008, second was January 2009 build, no difference, both cracked, 1st worst than 2nd one. Maybe this TV wasn't meant to be?

all of the Pioneer Kuros for the US market are assembled in California. That shipper is just wrongly implying that the sets are being built overseas and then cracked in shipping to the US.

The panels are being shipped over from Japan but the final assembly is in California, so any damage is happening after they leave the plant in California.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #166 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 28
2nd shipment came today via Fedex Freight

- the box was roughed up badly
- internal packaging just as sparse as before
- no pallet
- 1 guy
- no lift on truck
- Nov manufacturer date
- delayed delivery almost a week due to flood conditions here

Perfect condition!

Already mounted on wall and my wife is watching scenes from 300. Now if I could just get my hands on an Oppo BDP-83.....
post #167 of 1854 Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
count another 600m cracked from pilot. boooooooooo
post #168 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskurfer View Post

- no pallet
- 1 guy
- no lift on truck
- Nov manufacturer date

Perfect condition!

Already mounted on wall and my wife is watching scenes from 300. Now if I could just get my hands on an Oppo BDP-83.....

Unbelievable! My box was in mint condition both times yet the panels were destroyed. One guy arrived for the delivery, so he and I carefully brought it into the house. The truck was an air-ride style with an electric lift gate to bring the set gently to the ground, so I know the handling from truck to house was done correctly.

I called the company where I purchased from and asked them to open the box, inspect the ENTIRE screen for cracks and any other issues with a Bright Flashlight. If all is okay, then re-pack and add some additional packaging if necessary and don't forget to re-band the box so it can be lifted using the hand indents on the box. If that is done accordingly, then that eliminates wondering if damage to the panel is happening from their source or with the trucking company they're using to deliver to me. If it's their truckers they hire then they should also fire... I can't believe I need to tell the shippers how to do what they should already be doing...

I am on week six of this whole fiasco, and all I want to do is get my hard earned purchase put in place and peacefully turn it on and enjoy the beauty of this set already for Pete's sake!

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
post #169 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskurfer View Post

- no pallet
- 1 guy
- no lift on truck
- Nov manufacturer date

Perfect condition!

Its amazing that the ones that come in looking beatup seem to fair pretty well...lol...vs the ones that come in a mint looking box. Congrats on the good one! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT View Post

count another 600m cracked from pilot. boooooooooo

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am sincerely hoping that we do not see any #3 behind anyones name in the broken column. I am hoping that at least 3 is a charm for the unlucky ones of us.

Quote:

I am on week six of this whole fiasco, and all I want to do is get my hard earned purchase put in place and peacefully turn it on and enjoy the beauty of this set already for Pete's sake!

I dont want to be the broken record here, but you may possibly forget about this whole fiasco once you get that good one on the wall and enjoy it for a few days. The rediculousness might just fade away.

What was Pioneer thinking with their packaging?

UPDATED!
post #170 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 07:08 AM

I recieved my KRP-500M on Tuesday from Pilot. The packaging was in great shape and the monitor it self was in great shape as well. I was a little nervous after hearing the horror stories on here, but all is well on my end.

I mounted the tv above the fireplace last night, and have a bunch of equipment to hook up and calibrate tonight. Almost to the good relaxing and enjoying part, but not yet.
post #171 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemugg View Post

I recieved my KRP-500M on Tuesday from Pilot. The packaging was in great shape and the monitor it self was in great shape as well. I was a little nervous after hearing the horror stories on here, but all is well on my end.

I mounted the tv above the fireplace last night, and have a bunch of equipment to hook up and calibrate tonight. Almost to the good relaxing and enjoying part, but not yet.

Looks like another good story for 500m. It looks like Pioneer may need to do QC; not on their panels, but their packaging!!!

I am taking delivery today. Had to pick up my table stand last night from UPS, assembled it. now it is sitting on the floor, waiting for the panel. Like happy gilmore used to say, "why won't you just go to your home?"

Even took half a day off work today for this, nervously waiting, and my intuition based on my video game playing last night, was telling me that it may be bad news today. but my intuition have been wrong before, we'll see. it's just sad seeing cracked glass after cracked glass......
post #172 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemugg View Post

Congrats! I wish the 600Ms would be so successful in shipment Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

Looks like another good story for 500m. It looks like Pioneer may need to do QC; not on their panels, but their packaging!!!

I am taking delivery today. Had to pick up my table stand last night from UPS, assembled it. now it is sitting on the floor, waiting for the panel. Like happy gilmore used to say, "why won't you just go to your home?"

Even took half a day off work today for this, nervously waiting, and my intuition based on my video game playing last night, was telling me that it may be bad news today. but my intuition have been wrong before, we'll see. it's just sad seeing cracked glass after cracked glass......

Are you waiting on a 500 or a 600? Good luck!

UPDATED!
post #173 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Congrats! I wish the 600Ms would be so successful in shipment Enjoy!

Are you waiting on a 500 or a 600? Good luck!

UPDATED!

I am waiting for my 600m. hence the nervousness. tracking shows that the delivery started early as of a little past 7am. My window is set for 11am to 1pm EST, meaning 20 more minutes he would have missed the window. I am set for stop "#7" and I still have to get back to work later since I only took half a day. I really hope it will be done in a fast and well conditioned manner!
post #174 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM

ndisgii,

don't put me down yet, but I am 95% ok. Just received the panel from R&L carriers. the driver refused to help me unboxing it inside of my place due to "insurance purposes". heck, he wasn't even going to use the electric lift to get it down to the dolly! the packaging really blows on Pioneer's end. Mine did came with the pallet; and after the flashlight inspection, so far it is looking ok. I did not see any cracked glass (pending full final inspection)

but since I am by myself right now, I was not able to get the monitor off the styrofoams, as I am too afraid I am going to tilt the TV over. I should have some help later tonight from a friend, to put it on the tablestand, then pop it on the current furniture stand. So, we do not know if it is DOA or anything for that matter, yet. I am still keeping fingers crossed at this time.

now, as far as putting the tv on the tablestand, I once heard that you should have the tv face up? the instruction on the tablestand said to keep the tv facedown, but I thought I have heard some problems with that. If anybody can comment on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

here's to hoping I can get the TV on the stand tonight to put her through the paces!
post #175 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

now, as far as putting the tv on the tablestand, I once heard that you should have the tv face up? the instruction on the tablestand said to keep the tv facedown, but I thought I have heard some problems with that. If anybody can comment on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

here's to hoping I can get the TV on the stand tonight to put her through the paces!

The best way to attach the table stand:
1, Put the assembled table stand on the floor behind where the TV is now (behind the Styrofoam bottom box). It helps to line up the table stand "poles" to the plasma's attachment holes.
2, With 2 people, lift up the plasma vertically. You may need to use one foot to hold down the Styrofoam box.
3, Move the plasma backward and slowly decent down into the table stand poles.
4, Secure the provided screws and you can now lift the tv to its final standing place.

Using this method, the plasma screen is always at a vertical position and you should have no problem.
post #176 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

ndisgii,

don't put me down yet, but I am 95% ok. Just received the panel from R&L carriers. the driver refused to help me unboxing it inside of my place due to "insurance purposes". heck, he wasn't even going to use the electric lift to get it down to the dolly! the packaging really blows on Pioneer's end. Mine did came with the pallet; and after the flashlight inspection, so far it is looking ok. I did not see any cracked glass (pending full final inspection)

but since I am by myself right now, I was not able to get the monitor off the styrofoams, as I am too afraid I am going to tilt the TV over. I should have some help later tonight from a friend, to put it on the tablestand, then pop it on the current furniture stand. So, we do not know if it is DOA or anything for that matter, yet. I am still keeping fingers crossed at this time.

Will do sir! I think you will be fine, but let us know. And the way SoSo says for the stand is exactly how I would do it. Good luck with it tonight!
post #177 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post

The best way to attach the table stand:
1, Put the assembled table stand on the floor behind where the TV is now (behind the Styrofoam bottom box). It helps to line up the table stand "poles" to the plasma's attachment holes.
2, With 2 people, lift up the plasma vertically. You may need to use one foot to hold down the Styrofoam box.
3, Move the plasma backward and slowly decent down into the table stand poles.
4, Secure the provided screws and you can now lift the tv to its final standing place.

Using this method, the plasma screen is always at a vertical position and you should have no problem.

Soso,

do you know anything about the 2 rubber pieces that came with the KRP-TS01? one of them I definitely do not need to use. the other one, however, is kind of confusing me. I don't think I needed, cause it kept saying "if you have side speakers installed" but I don't. I have attached the link for the manual. Can someone help me understand this better? it is on page 10 & 13 of the manual. Thanks again guys (& gals)
post #178 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

hey woody,

thats good news so far, hope the luck continues and you get it up on the stand and running this evening. keep us posted. sosso got it right just get the stand assembled and put it behind the 600m lift it out of the styrofoam and sit it on the stand legs, the holes should align and tighten down the bolts. good to go then.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #179 of 1854 Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 PM

ok guys, I had some help from a friend, and we picked it straight up and set it right behind onto the table stand. plugged it in and nothing happens....WTH? kept thinking that I perhaps have a DOA unit, and that's when my friend cop a feel on the panel and found the standby button in the bottom left corner of the panel. Fired her up and I am now going through the break in DVD. chalk one up for no cracked screen please.

I truly feel bad for all others who have to go through this shipping fiasco? the packaging is really kind of shoddy. Pioneer really should take a look at how oppo package their DVD players. if oppo, who is a value leader, that provides great performance on their players, that can package their DVD player like a tank, I really don't know why Pioneer cannot make better packaging. I hope all will work out in the end for those who's been having problems....
post #180 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

ok guys, I had some help from a friend, and we picked it straight up and set it right behind onto the table stand. plugged it in and nothing happens....WTH? kept thinking that I perhaps have a DOA unit, and that's when my friend cop a feel on the panel and found the standby button in the bottom left corner of the panel. Fired her up and I am now going through the break in DVD. chalk one up for no cracked screen please.

I truly feel bad for all others who have to go through this shipping fiasco? the packaging is really kind of shoddy. Pioneer really should take a look at how oppo package their DVD players. if oppo, who is a value leader, that provides great performance on their players, that can package their DVD player like a tank, I really don't know why Pioneer cannot make better packaging. I hope all will work out in the end for those who's been having problems....

Yeah, that master power swith has gotton a few people Congrats on the good set and enjoy!

UPDATED!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page