Forum Jump: 

post #1831 of 1854 Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv4ce View Post

Sorry to hear that - I'm in the same boat.. good thing you were able to get the driver back there before he left at least!
Let me know what Pioneer does - they told me that they'd send a me replacement but that it was the last one.. I don't have much faith that it will get here ok either though especially if they ship it the same way.. I don't trust those fedex guys very much..

Thanks... Just got off the phone with Pioneer. The gal was super nice and said they might be getting a couple more 600Ms in that she will be able to get me one of those. Said she'll know by Monday at the latest. She also said my second option is they will ship a 6020FD for the same price as the 600M. While it would be nice to have the stand, speakers, tuner and extra inputs I told her I'd like to hold out to see if they get the 600M due to the image controls. Hinted that its closer to the Elite/Signatures and I'd take one of those... LOL. So, it's wait and see right now. Worst case, I get a 6020FD. I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1854 Old 12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzervit View Post

Thanks... Just got off the phone with Pioneer. The gal was super nice and said they might be getting a couple more 600Ms in that she will be able to get me one of those. Said she'll know by Monday at the latest. She also said my second option is they will ship a 6020FD for the same price as the 600M. While it would be nice to have the stand, speakers, tuner and extra inputs I told her I'd like to hold out to see if they get the 600M due to the image controls. Hinted that its closer to the Elite/Signatures and I'd take one of those... LOL. So, it's wait and see right now. Worst case, I get a 6020FD. I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle.

Tell them to give you a 141.

KRP-500M
Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH
post #1833 of 1854 Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 PM

Received two 500M's and a 600M in the past week, all in good condition.

The delivery companies were FedEx freight, RL Carriers and CEVA Logistics. I was flat out shocked to see how many tv's CEVA Logistics had in their semi (they were kind enough to both put the 600M alone the front of the trailer and deliver it to me first--wasn't easy moving all the other stock to get to mine)...they deliver a ton of tv's! All shipping companies were very good about allowing me to thoroughly inspect the displays thankfully. Only one of the displays (500M) came on a pallet. The other 500M came without straps but was obviously brand new so I had no problem with that (the FedEx guy claimed to take them off to remove the pallet).

I received the 600M earlier today. Has anyone received a display that arrived with a somewhat dirty screen? It isn't dirty, per se, but looks like a little liquid got on a portion of the screen or something of that sort (definitely not finger prints). The rest of the tv is 100% brand new and factory sealed...so kind of odd. Any thoughts regarding this?

Good luck to those that still have displays on the way.
post #1834 of 1854 Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
My 500M arrived today from RL Carriers. Perfect shape. Guy was incredibly nice, and even helped me get it up to my condo, unpack it, and check for damage. It was strapped to a pallet when it arrived, and had noticeably been cared for in the truck-packing process. Had a really great experience, and am not sure if I've ever been more relieved.
post #1835 of 1854 Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger That View Post

My 500M arrived today from RL Carriers. Perfect shape. Guy was incredibly nice, and even helped me get it up to my condo, unpack it, and check for damage. It was strapped to a pallet when it arrived, and had noticeably been cared for in the truck-packing process. Had a really great experience, and am not sure if I've ever been more relieved.

I hear ya on that.
post #1836 of 1854 Old 12-23-2009, 10:37 AM

Received our KRP 500 a few days that was shipped via R&L. The box was in perfect condition and the panel bubble wrapped. The experience was definitely memorable. The driver called an hour before delivery to say the truck's lift gate was broken and asked if I would be willing to help unload. I was more than happy to help, but asked if he could help carry the panel to the house so I could unbox and check (flashlight & plugging in routine). He proceeded to say no and that the shipping bill/manifest did not state that I could unbox and visually check for damage.

Based on the positive comments of R&L from what I head read on this thread and others, I was pretty shocked/upset upon hearing this. I tried to rationalize with him the reasons that I wanted to check before accepting delivery and he said I could check outside on the curb after unloaded (btw it had been raining off and on that day). At that point I was fairly upset, and he said that he would check with the dispatcher.

The dispatcher basically gave me the same story and asked whether I wanted the panel or not. I went ahead and told them to deliver hoping that the driver would have a change of heart. When the truck arrived I went outside to see the panel and help unload it. I was glad to see that the box was strapped to the side of the truck. Chatted with the driver as he was prepping the panel to be unloaded and found him more personable than when we spoke earlier. He agreed to at least help me carry to the hallway of the house and waited for me to unbox and visually check but did not wait around for me to plug in. Thanked him for his help and bending the rules and gave him a small donation.

Can't say I was very happy with the driver and dispatcher stressing me out initially, but happy the driver had a change of heart and that the panel was undamaged. Now I have to figure out how to get the laptop to panel connection working so I can check the panel's hours using EZ Hours.
post #1837 of 1854 Old 12-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Received my perfect 500M today from Chris at Cleveland Plasma. My first time ordering a TV online, so I was very nervous. A++++ transaction. A day after ordering I received an invoice with the shipping date, then an email from Chris explaining in great detail how to inspect the package before signing off and call them on the spot with any problems NO EXCEPTIONS. Chris gave me his cell as well as business phone, and even responded immediately to an email I sent him after midnight with a question. Now that's service

TV was shipped by Seko on the 18th, they called me yesterday to schedule delivery as it had arrived in town.

Took delivery this afternoon via Dayton Freight. 500M was securely banded to a skid. I commented that it needed to stay upright the whole time, delivery guy agreed. I had to help lift it off the back of the truck and up a flight of stairs. With 2 people carrying it it was not that heavy.

Delivery guy was very friendly and helped me unbox, which was very easy as the top portion slides right off after the plastic bands are cut. Ran over the screen with a flashlight, plugged it in, heard a little static, and the "no input" screen came right up without hitting any power buttons, indicating that someone may have inspected it for damage before it left the warehouse, which of course I was very happy about.

I asked if this was "normal procedure" and he said no, but he was happy to wait and completely understood, especially after I tipped him.

Overall an excellent experience, and excellent customer service through Cleveland Plasma. Highly recommended.
post #1838 of 1854 Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Paid for the last KRP-500M at Cleveland Plasma on December 22, after missing out on the deals at Value Electronics that sold out literally moments before I was ready to take the plunge. Chris was great. Walked me through everything, especially the inspection process. SEKO were unable to deliver it during Christmas week and I had to get out of town and fly to Plano so I could spend my holidays with my elder sister, who I hadn't seen in almost 5 years. In the meantime, the KRP was chilling ( pun intended ) in some warehouse here in Raleigh. I returned to Raleigh on Tuesday, and scheduled the delivery for today with the courier. I barely slept last night. What if it was cracked? What if the delivery guy refuses to let me inspect? Etc Etc You know the drill....

I'm not a rich guy, by any stretch of the imagination, but I tipped the delivery guy pretty generously. I wasn't willing to buy a stand without first checking the screen, so the first thing I did was head over to ebay to pick this up - it'll be here sometime next week... Everything is fine so far, there is a buzz, but just as I thought, absolutely nothing the whine about.

Big thank you to Chris at Cleveland Plasma for his sincerity and professionalism, I look forward to doing business with them again in the very near future. Also would like to thank D-Nice, bodosom and everyone else that gives up their time in order to enrich the Kuro community. A community that I'm definitely chuffed to be a part of. I'm gonna take the remote with me to class tomorrow...
LL
post #1839 of 1854 Old 01-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Second 600M showed up today. Unlike the first one, this one was on a pallet, put in the very front of the trailer, and secured properly. Delivery guy actually took care of his cargo. Awesome. Second time is a charm.
post #1840 of 1854 Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 PM

12/30/09. Realize this is a KRP thread but I had to cry somewhere. Ordered a 141 from authorized dealer in Canada. Purolator, no palette. Box had no holes just looked like it was bent in places. Opened it and it looked pristine, all smiles went to bed. Woke up the next morning, looked at my prize, cracked everywhere 5 places (somehow didn't see in 1st inspection). Called Pioneer, they gave me the ol' call your dealer. I called my dealer, no more 141s. They tried to get some from Pioneer, none left. How are you guys getting Pioneer to replace your panels? 151 now on the way via freight hopefully it will work out. Sorry for hijacking thread. Just needed to share the pain.
post #1841 of 1854 Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Pioneer is all gone so it would be up to your dealer to find one or you can try on your own but things are tough. Sorry and I hope the 151 comes well as they are gone here as well.
post #1842 of 1854 Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Just curious, who gets nailed with all the costs of these broken delivered units? The store that sold it, the delivery company or the insurance companies if they have it?

RIP Robin Williams. Thanks for the laughter.
post #1843 of 1854 Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrok View Post

How are you guys getting Pioneer to replace your panels?

I suspect no one got Pioneer to replace them since they are out of the loop when it goes to the distributor. In your case your dealer gets the shipper's insurance money, sends you another if they have them or you get a refund. And another Kuro shows up on Ebay with a cracked screen.
post #1844 of 1854 Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

Just curious, who gets nailed with all the costs of these broken delivered units? The store that sold it, the delivery company or the insurance companies if they have it?

Depends on the contract you have with the shipper, if they insure it they will cover it. But sometimes you have to deal with shipping companies that wont admit its their fault but thats another story.
post #1845 of 1854 Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM

I have a KRP-500m headed my way, being shipped by "Estes." Happy to read two reports on this thread saying that Estes did a good job with shipping. I have to admit being nervous. Took forever to find one of these units from an authorized store and I know if it gets damaged the chances of me finding a replacement at this point are slim to none.

Fingers crossed.
post #1846 of 1854 Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Good luck the odds are on your side.
post #1847 of 1854 Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrok View Post

12/30/09. Realize this is a KRP thread but I had to cry somewhere. Ordered a 141 from authorized dealer in Canada. Purolator, no palette. Box had no holes just looked like it was bent in places. Opened it and it looked pristine, all smiles went to bed. Woke up the next morning, looked at my prize, cracked everywhere 5 places (somehow didn't see in 1st inspection). Called Pioneer, they gave me the ol' call your dealer. I called my dealer, no more 141s. They tried to get some from Pioneer, none left. How are you guys getting Pioneer to replace your panels? 151 now on the way via freight hopefully it will work out. Sorry for hijacking thread. Just needed to share the pain.

151 arrived today. Happy to report no cracks! Have put it on the bezel and running the break-in slides as we speak. Doesn't appear to have any dead pixels. As I was setting up all of the settings from the menu for the slides and the first slide came up (white color) I noticed IR of the menus and I nearly had a heart attack however it went away very quickly.

Very happy to be part of the Kuro Kult. I drank the Kool Aid and I am taking a ride on the spaceship. Thanks to everyone in this forum for all of the help.

T minus 150 to enjoyment.
post #1848 of 1854 Old 01-13-2010, 06:05 PM

COngrats!
post #1849 of 1854 Old 01-14-2010, 06:17 PM

Got my KRP-500m today. Observed no cracks in the screen so happy there. And although I did not expect it, the seller included the stand!
post #1850 of 1854 Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM
wbm

My 600M finally arrived yesterday. No visible damage to the box, driver had it well secured in the truck.

Cut the straps out in the driveway to inspect, pulled the cover back to reveal its beauty. And then...noticed the 2" horizontal crack in the upper left corner of the glass. Rejected delivery.

Truly a sickening feeling, especially given what I went through to get this set.

If anyone else here has an unfilled order for a 600M please post here or send me a PM.
post #1851 of 1854 Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram2583 View Post

Got my KRP-500m today. Observed no cracks in the screen so happy there. And although I did not expect it, the seller included the stand!

I've been PMed by about 5 people asking where I bought my KRP-500m. I won't mention the name because they are not a forum sponsor. Regardless, I bought the last model they had for sale. Sorry everyone. If you still want to know where I purchased it feel free to PM.
post #1852 of 1854 Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbm View Post

My 600M finally arrived yesterday. No visible damage to the box, driver had it well secured in the truck.

Cut the straps out in the driveway to inspect, pulled the cover back to reveal its beauty. And then...noticed the 2" horizontal crack in the upper left corner of the glass. Rejected delivery.

Truly a sickening feeling, especially given what I went through to get this set.

If anyone else here has an unfilled order for a 600M please post here or send me a PM.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I know what you mean on the level of effort it took to find one of these units. Maybe consider waiting on the new VT25 series?
post #1853 of 1854 Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbm View Post

Man, what a bummer. Chalk up another one to careless handling. Sorry to hear it.

I read at another forum about 101FDs hanging around a famous big box retailer, which is essentially the same tv as the 500m with 2 more hdmi inputs and isfcc calibration modes enabled. The price was a little more than recent 500m sales but still a good deal.
post #1854 of 1854 Old 03-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Hey folks,

This is a bit of a late report, but I got my 600m from Bobby (elite-home) in December. Came via FedEx Freight on a truck with no lift gate. The delivery guy almost gave me a heart attack when I saw him trying to lower the box down out of the truck to the ground 4' below with one hand. I ran out there and told him to wait for me and my brother to help carry the box in, but he protested that he was a professional and knew what he was doing. Once I explained that the contents were very rare and fragile, he gave in and the 3 of us carried it in.

Box was intact and on a small pallet. After we brought it in, the driver was pretty cool and waited while I unboxed and did the flashlight inspection. No cracks or scratches! Plugged her in and hit both power switches and got the No Input screen with no loud buzz. I still signed the delivery sheet with a "Subject to inspection" disclaimer, just in case. I was going to go out of town a few days later and wasn't going to have a chance to get the 600m wall-mounted and connected up until I got back. I did hook it up to my laptop via HDMI and ran the break-in slides for a while to smoke test it and check for dead/stuck pixels. There were none. Success!

My 600m is now on the wall, up and running, and it is gorgeous. I am able to hear a slight panel buzz with bright white images, but in energy save mode 2, it is not noticeable when there is any other sound in the room.

Bobby was great to deal with, answered all my questions, and got the 600m to me in no time flat. I guess there may not be any more out there, so I feel pretty lucky.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page