Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Yeah, that master power swith has gotton a few people Congrats on the good set and enjoy!

UPDATED!

It makes sense now on why my panel had the bright yellow piece of paper informing me of the standby botton taped on the foam packaging in 3 places. I would not have found that button right away either....

On day 2 of the break-in DVD and haven't found a single dead pixel or flaw. The screen is completely uniform with no uneven shades.

I'll put together a posting in the "What's Your System Configuration" Forum here on AVS later this weekend as I have time. I had a little fun with the mounting on an articulating mount. TV is beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskurfer View Post

It makes sense now on why my panel had the bright yellow piece of paper informing me of the standby botton taped on the foam packaging in 3 places. I would not have found that button right away either....

On day 2 of the break-in DVD and haven't found a single dead pixel or flaw. The screen is completely uniform with no uneven shades.

I'll put together a posting in the "What's Your System Configuration" Forum here on AVS later this weekend as I have time. I had a little fun with the mounting on an articulating mount. TV is beautiful!

Congrats on a great panel with no problems. I do hope to see a dedicated thread with KRP settings, but D-Nice may possibly just add some settings to the general 9G settings thread, but I am not sure. I know there is a gentleman getting D-Nice to calibrate his 500 and 600Ms very soon, and I am hoping that he shares the settings with us, but will see soon enough. Take care and enjoy that thing!
post #183 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Count another good shipment of a 500m for me.

The box came on a custom sized wooden pallet.
Bought from Robert (Value Electronics) so it traveled from NY to the Boston.

Manufacture date = Jan 2009.

Heres a plug for Robert at VE; great price, great service and a nice guy to talk to on the phone.
post #184 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post

Count another good shipment of a 500m for me.

The box came on a custom sized wooden pallet.
Bought from Robert (Value Electronics) so it traveled from NY to the Boston.

I never thought to check the manufacture date before I mounted, and I most likely won't get to see the back of the panel for a while now. If the date is on the box, I'll edit this post.

Heres a plug for Robert at VE; great price, great service and a nice guy to talk to on the phone.

Excellent! Enjoy it and keep us posted in the owners thread with pics and such. I have heard nothing but good things about Robert. He seems to be a very good person to work with. Take care!

UPDATED!
post #185 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Liked: 11
To conform with the thread. here is my information. let it be known that it has been updated already, but just wanted to provide the additional information

shipped from: denver colorado
pallet: yes, it was removed while still in the truck
condition of box: good
results: no cracks
post #186 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post

To conform with the thread. here is my information. let it be known that it has been updated already, but just wanted to provide the additional information

shipped from: denver colorado
pallet: yes, it was removed while still in the truck
condition of box: good
results: no cracks

Thanks for the additions! It does seem however, that after looking through all these posts as a whole, there truly is no rhyme or reason to the damaged ones. They have come from multiple warehouses, multiple sellers, with and without crates, in good and bad shaped boxes, etc...It really is just a crap shoot it seems unfortunately
post #187 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM

post #188 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the additions! It does seem however, that after looking through all these posts as a whole, there truly is no rhyme or reason to the damaged ones. They have come from multiple warehouses, multiple sellers, with and without crates, in good and bad shaped boxes, etc...It really is just a crap shoot it seems unfortunately

From talking to a few people who sell them, the 60" has the issue, while the 50" is very rare so far. That seems to be 1 pattern
post #189 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 11:52 AM

600M
shipped from WI by Pilot Air
no pallet in delivery van
box in excellent condition
result: very small (under 1/4") crack in upper right corner of screen

Check those screens carefully on delivery! This crack was so small I didn't catch it immediately with flashlight inspection.

Jan 2009 build date
post #190 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortnacory View Post

600M
shipped from WI by Pilot Air
no pallet in delivery van
box in excellent condition
result: very small (under 1/4") crack in upper right corner of screen

Check those screens carefully on delivery! This crack was so small I didn't catch it immediately with flashlight inspection.

Jan 2009 build date

So were they gone by the time you found it, or were you able to refuse delivery? Sorry for the bad news! Let us know how the replacement goes. Take care!

UPDATED!
post #191 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM

I started wondering if these screens are cracked upon delivery, what is to say they won't crack later under normal use? Let's say if there is a hairline crack that wasn't visible and wasn't bad enough to lose the vacuum in the panel? Then, this hairline crack starts to travel like a crack in a windsheild of a vehicle? As mentioned, this issue may be more prevalent with the 60" as seen here, but I am concerned of latent failure on these panels...

How would one claim this as a defect under warranty? I would think warranty would be denied, and the blame would be misuse or bumping or jarring the TV etc. by the user... Just a thought!

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
post #192 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_axel View Post

I started wondering if these screens are cracked upon delivery, what is to say they won't crack later under normal use? Let's say if there is a hairline crack that wasn't visible and wasn't bad enough to lose the vacuum in the panel? Then, this hairline crack starts to travel like a crack in a windsheild of a vehicle? As mentioned, this issue may be more prevalent with the 60" as seen here, but I am concerned of latent failure on these panels...

How would one claim this as a defect under warranty? I would think warranty would be denied, and the blame would be misuse or bumping or jarring the TV etc. by the user... Just a thought!

I really dont personally think that is something to be worried about. Once this thing is safe and sound on your wall or stand with no cracks in it, it should be just fine. Thorough initial inspection is required on any tv IMO. I would wait for any one single report of that scenario (cracking after the fact) before being alarmed by it. Besides, if that is a problem, then there will be alot more people pissed off than 600M owners, since 141FD Signatures use the same glass on them and cost alot more. Imagine how mad those owners will be if the glass just cracked at random

I really wouldnt let it get to you, and lets see if a case like this shows up at some point. We can all keep our fingers crossed
post #193 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 01:09 PM

My 600M arrived today with no damage --it now wall mounted and beautiful.

Shipped from Milwaukee WI to Newton MA
Manu date Jan 09
Delivered by two guys with no palette.

One of the delivery guys had a customer who was on his fourth delivery!
post #194 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:

I really dont personally think that is something to be worried about. Once this thing is safe and sound on your wall or stand with no cracks in it, it should be just fine. Thorough initial inspection is required on any tv IMO. I would wait for any one single report of that scenario (cracking after the fact) before being alarmed by it. Besides, if that is a problem, then there will be alot more people pissed off than 600M owners, since 141FD Signatures use the same glass on them and cost alot more. Imagine how mad those owners will be if the glass just cracked at random

I really wouldnt let it get to you, and lets see if a case like this shows up at some point. We can all keep our fingers crossed

You may be right, but my experience so far having 2 in a row delivered with cracked panels isn't making me feel too confident with this panel... My third one should be here in about 2 weeks/end of April and I really hope it arrives in working order and without any issues... Man, that's 2 months since I ordered this thing.

For what it's worth, I truly believe that all this is the fault of Pioneer because they are not using adequate packing with these products. These should be firmly secured and packed into crates not just corrugated boxes and styrofoam. But they apparently don't seem to care with all these damage claims...

post #195 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 01:52 PM

My set is traveling from Illinois to NY and handled by 3 different carriers by the time it arrives to my home.

When I contacted the merchant today, I requested them to change carriers. They did so and am now getting delivery from Pilot. According to a mojority of what I've read here, there has been a pretty good delivery success rate with them. I also asked them to open the box and inspect the TV, if all is okay then re-package and place onto a pallet, strapped down and shrink wrapped so it has a better chance of survival, better yet, just build a custom crate.

The previous carrier was "Airgroup International, A Radiant Logistics Company", so anyone making a purchase, ask the merchant who they use as their carrier, if it's Airgroup, I suggest canceling the order right away, and don't hesitate... We'll see what happens in 2 weeks when number 3 arrives.

post #196 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_axel View Post

My set is traveling from Illinois to NY and handled by 3 different carriers by the time it arrives to my home.

When I contacted the merchant today, I requested them to change carriers. They did so and am now getting delivery from Pilot. According to a mojority of what I've read here, there has been a pretty good delivery success rate with them. I also asked them to open the box and inspect the TV, if all is okay then re-package and place onto a pallet, strapped down and shrink wrapped so it has a better chance of survival, better yet, just build a custom crate.

The previous carrier was "Airgroup International, A Radiant Logistics Company", so anyone making a purchase, ask the merchant who they use as their carrier, if it's Airgroup, I suggest canceling the order right away, and don't hesitate... We'll see what happens in 2 weeks when number 3 arrives.

Good luck Axel, I think primarily Pioneer is at fault, but I am sure somewhere the carrier company will need to take some blame too. I just happened to be lucky, but I must say my carrier driver was not very accommodating, if at all. he was relatively careless, and wanted to push the carton as hard as he can, knowing that there is a bump ahead! also he was going to maneuver the set right off of high ground without using the lift. I was like, "the lift is there, why aren't you using it?" then he hesitantly uses the lift, once it came off his truck, he was pretty harsh with it. I think most carriers must think these plasmas are either build like a tank or packaged like a tank. it is truly unfortunate with all these horror stories......
post #197 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Add 1 more good one to the 500m shipments. Got it today. Seems it is only the 600m that has any problems.
post #198 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaulp View Post

My 600M arrived today with no damage --it now wall mounted and beautiful.

Shipped from Milwaukee WI to Newton MA
Manu date Jan 09
Delivered by two guys with no palette.

One of the delivery guys had a customer who was on his fourth delivery!

Awesome news! Get us some pics on the owners thread if you can. Enjoy that thing and take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepenguin99 View Post

Add 1 more good one to the 500m shipments. Got it today. Seems it is only the 600m that has any problems.

It does look that way. No broken 500Ms reported so far. Sucks for us 600M guys for sure

UPDATED!
post #199 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post

...I never thought to check the manufacture date before I mounted, and I most likely won't get to see the back of the panel for a while now. If the date is on the box, I'll edit this post.......

there should be a sticker on the box with the serial number and the build date.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #200 of 1854 Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

my 500m arrived fine-December 08 build date
post #201 of 1854 Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtassone View Post

my 500m arrived fine-December 08 build date

Thanks for the info. The 500s seem to be rock solid shippers so far

UPDATED!
post #202 of 1854 Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
As I reported earlier, my 600 arrived with a huge crack. Now its out of stock. The box looked perfect and it was from pilot air. The tv looked amazing in person, now if only the damn thing would come like its supposed to.
post #203 of 1854 Old 04-04-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT View Post

As I reported earlier, my 600 arrived with a huge crack. Now its out of stock. The box looked perfect and it was from pilot air. The tv looked amazing in person, now if only the damn thing would come like its supposed to.

Are you referring to #2 being cracked, or are you talking about your first one? Thanks!
post #204 of 1854 Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to #2 being cracked, or are you talking about your first one? Thanks!

I think tapout may have said that this is number 2 that went bad. he may have to post again, but I think this is number 2 for him.
post #205 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Third delivered 600M looks to be good.... Pilot Air, from Wisc. Disti, no pallet, no cracks. Jan 09 build date.

Letting it warm up to room temp..(cold today in MA/off the truck), and will fire it up in a bit. to confirm it's ok..

so far so good.
post #206 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffo_botz View Post

Third delivered 600M looks to be good.... Pilot Air, from Wisc. Disti, no pallet, no cracks. Jan 09 build date.

Letting it warm up to room temp..(cold today in MA/off the truck), and will fire it up in a bit. to confirm it's ok..

so far so good.

Glad to hear it! Wow, that had to take some patience to make it through two broken ones. You'll find it worth it once you turn it on!
post #207 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

There has been a delay by Pioneer on shipping out these units. For one, Last week was there end of the fiscal year and they usually shut down for a week to regroup there inventory. Second, Pioneer knows that there is a huge problem about damaged units and are planning to do a re-pack on all of the units that they have left. I will know more later today.
post #208 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

There has been a delay by Pioneer on shipping out these units. For one, Last week was there end of the fiscal year and they usually shut down for a week to regroup there inventory. Second, Pioneer knows that there is a huge problem about damaged units and are planning to do a re-pack on all of the units that they have left. I will know more later today.

I will vouch for this, thanks for the update.
post #209 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb11 View Post

Glad to hear it! Wow, that had to take some patience to make it through two broken ones. You'll find it worth it once you turn it on!

Thanks...turned on ok, no input message as expected......so I'm on my way.
post #210 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

Thanks for the information! I am waiting for my 3rd replacement. Last week the merchant I ordered from told me a shipment was due to arrive the week of 4/6 or 4/13, but when I followed up this morning, I was told mid May, "MAYBE". I hope I get a working TV before they are gone. Needless to say, I am not a happy consumer right now....

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List