post #211 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_axel View Post

Thanks for the information! I am waiting for my 3rd replacement. Last week the merchant I ordered from told me a shipment was due to arrive the week of 4/6 or 4/13, but when I followed up this morning, I was told mid May, "MAYBE". I hope I get a working TV before they are gone. Needless to say, I am not a happy consumer right now....

From my direct source from Pioneer, the KRP's will be shipping this week 6th through the 8th is when the shippments from Pioneer are hitting the distributors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

From my direct source from Pioneer, the KRP's will be shipping this week 6th through the 8th is when the shippments from Pioneer are hitting the distributors.

I'm sorry for posting on this thread, but my damage is to the Pro151Fd. Does this schedule apply to that model as well? Thanks.

"Not Enough Hours In A Day"
post #213 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I'm sorry for posting on this thread, but my damage is to the Pro151Fd. Does this schedule apply to that model as well? Thanks.

151's are available not many but some. Just depends on your dealer stock and where they buy from direct or distribution.
post #214 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If the 151's were hard to find before, in another month they will almost be impossible to find. If the vendor you bought it from does not satify your need for the 151 after two broken units, then you should get it from another sponsor before it is too late.
post #215 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:

If the 151's were hard to find before, in another month they will almost be impossible to find. If the vendor you bought it from does not satify your need for the 151 after two broken units, then you should get it from another sponsor before it is too late.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was afraid of that... ABT is my source, first time with them as well. They have been accommodating, but I can't say that about my TV though... Thanks to Roman too!

post #216 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

151's are available not many but some. Just depends on your dealer stock and where they buy from direct or distribution.

I was trying to see if I can get ABT to work with another distributor, or even secure a direct ship somehow, but unsure on how to get the logistics to work this out some way...

post #217 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffo_botz View Post

Third delivered 600M looks to be good.... Pilot Air, from Wisc. Disti, no pallet, no cracks. Jan 09 build date.

Letting it warm up to room temp..(cold today in MA/off the truck), and will fire it up in a bit. to confirm it's ok..

so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffo_botz View Post

Thanks...turned on ok, no input message as expected......so I'm on my way.

I'm glad to hear that you finally got a good one! I know how frustrating that must have been. Hopefully the luck will continue with no dead pixels and perfect image. You will love it I'm sure! Take care!

UPDATED!
post #218 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was trying to see if I can get ABT to work with another distributor, or even secure a direct ship somehow, but unsure on how to get the logistics to work this out some way...

It depends on ABT's source. If there stock is coming direct from Pioneer then there is no way for a direct ship from Pioneer.
post #219 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

There has been a delay by Pioneer on shipping out these units. For one, Last week was there end of the fiscal year and they usually shut down for a week to regroup there inventory. Second, Pioneer knows that there is a huge problem about damaged units and are planning to do a re-pack on all of the units that they have left. I will know more later today.

So that is why my display has not shipped. I suppose that is a good thing.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #220 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

So that is why my display has not shipped. I suppose that is a good thing.

- Rich

For the most part. There end of fiscal year was supposed to start on the 31st, but they actually started it on the 27th. That meant they held there inventory out from alot of distributors that supply to the vendors. We are having problems will delayed shipments as well and I apologize for those customers who have purchased from me and have not received there plasmas as of yet.
post #221 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
my fellow krp owners, there are several of us that have to wait longer now because of the delayed shipments. to ease our pain and suffering, some bluray and game pics on te krp would be greatly appreciated.
post #222 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Not a KRP, but I wanted to let you guys know non-KRP owners go through the same thing.

Just got a 111FD delivered today, April 6th, and the screen was cracked in a number of places. Refused shipment and the company is sending another, lets hope the 2nd one has no issues!
post #223 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruktuim View Post

Not a KRP, but I wanted to let you guys know non-KRP owners go through the same thing.

Just got a 111FD delivered today, April 6th, and the screen was cracked in a number of places. Refused shipment and the company is sending another, lets hope the 2nd one has no issues!

Amazing how many broken tvs start popping up when there is a thread about it. Sorry to hear the unfortunate news. Hope you get a good replacement!
post #224 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

I thought there were more 151's coming on a container ship? I thought I read that in another thread.

Sorry to intrude on the damage tracking thread. My apologies

Jim
post #225 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post

I thought there were more 151's coming on a container ship? I thought I read that in another thread.

Sorry to intrude on the damage tracking thread. My apologies

Jim

There are to those people that knew this would come and bought in a bunch. Just no more 111 coming
post #226 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
deleted pictures - will link tv pics in owners thread.
post #227 of 1854 Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

very nice clean setup thanks
post #228 of 1854 Old 04-07-2009, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

That looks fantastic! Very nice setup you have there and thanks for sharing with us. I have yet to snap photos of my setup, but will do so in the near future.

BTW, lets keep setup or picture image quality photos in the owner's thread if possible, so that we can try to keep this thread topic on track and easier to manage. Lets also try and keep this thread focused on the KRP models if possible. Its nice to know that other other models are having the problem too, and that its not just the KRPs, but it makes it a little more difficult to track the KRPs with others mixed in. Of coarse, if there are photos of broken screens from shipment, feel free to post them in here.....even though it makes us all cringe....lol... Thanks to all!
post #229 of 1854 Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM

KRP-500M shipped from New York to Miami on a pallet, with box and panel in perfect condition.
post #230 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Well, I'm apparently the first lucky recipient of a cracked 500M. It looked intact when I unpacked it, but it just made a loud buzz when I plugged it in. I only saw the 1" crack when I looked with a flashlight.

I spoke with Robert at Value Electronics, who was very nice about it, and who put me on a conference call with the shipper. The problem is, though, that the shipper can't or won't take responsibility. The rep first said it was because I had signed for it, but he later said that even if I hadn't, they wouldn't take responsibility. I actually understand their point--it could have been damaged at any point after manufacture, including before it was in their possession.

Again, Robert was nice about it, but I still may have a $2000 paperweight, and it's not clear how much of that I'm going to have to pay. Robert initially said $1000, but he then said he'd ponder it overnight and talk to me tomorrow.

I would think the real responsibility (including providing me with a replacement) would lie with Pioneer, but they're really only admitted a problem with the packaging of the 600M and not the 500M, so Robert didn't think that would pan out.

--Eric
post #231 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelton View Post

Well, I'm apparently the first lucky recipient of a cracked 500M. It looked intact when I unpacked it, but it just made a loud buzz when I plugged it in. I only saw the 1" crack when I looked with a flashlight.

I spoke with Robert at Value Electronics, who was very nice about it, and who put me on a conference call with the shipper. The problem is, though, that the shipper can't or won't take responsibility. The rep first said it was because I had signed for it, but he later said that even if I hadn't, they wouldn't take responsibility. I actually understand their point--it could have been damaged at any point after manufacture, including before it was in their possession.

Again, Robert was nice about it, but I still may have a $2000 paperweight, and it's not clear how much of that I'm going to have to pay. Robert initially said $1000, but he then said he'd ponder it overnight and talk to me tomorrow.

I would think the real responsibility (including providing me with a replacement) would lie with Pioneer, but they're really only admitted a problem with the packaging of the 600M and not the 500M, so Robert didn't think that would pan out.

Eric, I hope it all work out to your favor in the end. sucks that this has to happened at all. Yes, the blame really starts from Pioneer. if a good solution cannot be reached, I would recommend emailing Pioneer directly. good luck.
post #232 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

OK, having read through this thread, I see a lot of people with cracked 600Ms talking about sending them back, getting replacements, etc. No one says anything about having to pay anything. Has that been the case--particularly for anyone who signed for the shipment but later noticed hard-to-see damage?

I understand that the seller doesn't want to eat this cost; and the shipper can say (rightly) that he doesn't know when the damage occurred, and so won't eat the cost; and Pioneer apparently won't eat the cost for a cracked 500M (although I'm unclear why that should be the case). But should I have to pay for damage that was out of my control?

Addendum: I just got off the phone with Robert at Value Electronics. Again, he's been great about this, and obviously none of this is his fault. We agreed that I'd pay $400--basically the cost of shipping the broken one back and getting a replacement. I think that's fair, although I hope he does manage to recoup his loss from the carrier or Pioneer (he didn't seem optimistic).

--Eric
post #233 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokejr View Post

KRP-500M shipped from New York to Miami on a pallet, with box and panel in perfect condition.

More excellent news. Enjoy that thing! Keep us posted in the owners thread!

Quote:

Quote:

OK, having read through this thread, I see a lot of people with cracked 600Ms talking about sending them back, getting replacements, etc. No one says anything about having to pay anything. Has that been the case--particularly for anyone who signed for the shipment but later noticed hard-to-see damage?

I understand that the seller doesn't want to eat this cost; and the shipper can say (rightly) that he doesn't know when the damage occurred, and so won't eat the cost; and Pioneer apparently won't eat the cost for a cracked 500M (although I'm unclear why that should be the case). But should I have to pay for damage that was out of my control?

Addendum: I just got off the phone with Robert at Value Electronics. Again, he's been great about this, and obviously none of this is his fault. We agreed that I'd pay $400--basically the cost of shipping the broken one back and getting a replacement. I think that's fair, although I hope he does manage to recoup his loss from the carrier or Pioneer (he didn't seem optimistic).

I am very surprised to hear this. I dont recall anyone yet, that signed before finding the damage, having to deal with this. They only had to wait longer for it to be picked up vs just refusing and having it removed right then and there. This doesnt sound right to me. How much time passed between signing for it and reporting it? Most places I thought give at least 24-48 hrs after signing to find any damages. I have heard nothing but good things about Robert, so that is why this doesnt sound right. Keep us posted.

UPDATED!
post #234 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WHAT!

no way you should be paying anything out of pocket except for the panel shipped to you as expected.

Robert has sold and shipped alot of panels to avs members and i have never seen anyone say they had to pony up extra monies to ship a damaged panel back and get a replacement.

D-nice got 3 damaged panels (2 cracked 6020 and a Pro111) shipped from Robert and he never mentioned having to pay to send them back and get replacements.......

I would call Robert back again and get this corrected as he should take care of you the right way, get a replacement out to you asap and no expectation of paying to return damaged panels.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #235 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

How much time passed between signing for it and reporting it?

About 3 hours. I had unboxed it and it looked fine on a non-flashlight-aided inspection, but I didn't plug it in until 2 1/2 hours later.

--Eric
post #236 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

About 3 hours. I had unboxed it and it looked fine on a non-flashlight-aided inspection, but I didn't plug it in until 2 1/2 hours later.

OK, I just wanted to make sure that we werent talking about days in between. That is unacceptable IMO for him to try and charge you. Is there something I am missing here before jumping the gun? Anyone else think this sounds right?
post #237 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM

I also think it is absurd to have to pay an additional dime. If they won't replace it for free, I'd dispute the charge with your credit card company. Sponsor or not, that is BS.
post #238 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:

OK, I just wanted to make sure that we werent talking about days in between. That is unacceptable IMO for him to try and charge you.

I agree with this. When I talked to my dealer he said that there was someone who received a broken 600M, but was not home when it arrived and another person in the house signed for it (they didn't know to inspect it). Although it made it a bit of a hassle for the dealer, he fought with the shippers and insurance and made it clear that the customer will not bear any financial burden of receiving a cracked unit. He even said that if necessary he would eat the cost of the set but the customer would not have to pay for one of these that arrives broken. I know in my case, he made the return of my broken set easy.

BTW, this was Leo from Coza, inc.
post #239 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebum431 View Post

I also think it is absurd to have to pay an additional dime. If they won't replace it for free, I'd dispute the charge with your credit card company. Sponsor or not, that is BS.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/advertisers.php

Again please lets be clear that this is the ONLY list of sponsors as this comes up every day
post #240 of 1854 Old 04-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:

OK, I just wanted to make sure that we werent talking about days in between. That is unacceptable IMO for him to try and charge you. Is there something I am missing here before jumping the gun? Anyone else think this sounds right?

This is not right at all. I too beleive the unit should be replaced asap at no extra cost to the buyer! Please let us know how everything turns out and I wish you the very best. Robert at Value Electronics don't leave this guy in the cold like this... Wrong just wrong.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page