AVS Forum banner

Pioneer KRP Shipments and Damage Tracking Thread

152K views 2K replies 407 participants last post by  Pop Alexandra 
#1 ·
Just figured I would start up a tracking thread for those that have bought Pioneer KRP models recently, especially the 600M due to its larger size and chance of being broken. As some may know, there has been a overwhelming amount of cracked ones arriving. Its getting hard to remember who has received a good and who has not. I dont want to clutter up the owners thread with it too much. Lets start an ongoing post that summarizes the results so far. Please reply whether good or bad, just so we can keep track. Thanks to all that participate! I will start it if you want. Just include what model it is, where it shipped from, whether it "had pallet" or "no pallet", condition of box it was in, and the results of the shipment. I'll start:

600M - Hauppauge, NY or Whittier, CA? - had pallet - box in perfect shape - screen cracked

***** 600M *****

Broken = 41

ndisgii, jfkrane, mlb11, blb1215, johnnyb05, pizzabob, mfb, rougebear, ndskurfer,

jaffo_botz, bash, pizzabob, Jaffo_botz, wrbanks, mrTapout, gortnacory, anegrus,

anegrus, anegrus, anegrus, fenwayfan, NateTTU, docmal, whityfrd, TimV, Roman707,

Chhuong, mctwist, kennelm, OC Express, whityfrd, pikkashoe, poki168, Chopalua,

whityfrd, scratch, krik, amheck, bittornado, rodrigohat, scratch

Good = 75

roberto, bfdtv, flashjordon, essgee, jfkrane, PBJunior2, bernito, mlb11, ndisgii,

SoSo, keyonman, mlmflip, link93, mfb, johnnyb05, Dean Prestholt, rledington@comca,

whimsy, tech freak, wilfred80, ndskurfer, woody888, bigpaulp, Jaffo_botz, irfan,

jimim, RichB, fenwayfan, DancingBear, bhaycraft, notoriousmatty, DefiantGSR,

frustated, chucksva, JC480, delar, NateTTU, IceTBC, docmal, carftopher, gortnacory,

smallfish, TPnBobcats, slmateoca, plasma_cricket, fronk71, ArieS1204, roman707, kblaw,

leedom, YOTR, poki168, stlblufan, whityfrd, eehtee, mksner, OC Express, teknikk7,

adinn, rolesium, Tim McCune, 1CrazyDJ, W3bbY, dkinion, kennelm, chargedmr2,

Riot Nrrrd, krpguy, jschillereff, krik, Galun, rodrigohat, Chhuong, Magnus_CA, TimV

***** 500M *****

Broken = 11

eelton, fusion, rejuvinator, tony9, jbrady3324, flatninth, edpowers, music_dude,

music_dude, funkyman, music_dude,

Good = 35

essgee, chrisherbert, pizzabob, coffeemugg, dmichael, thepenguin99, williamtassone,

Otokejr, RichB, eelton, Management, kevink109, shawn1, comradesuhov, jdbimmer,

parkgt, riverhound, Daniel Hutnicki, tony9, elDub13, bodosom, fusion, W3bbY, jbrady3324,

flankerh, rejuvinator, flatninth, jambam, edpowers, aross99, Bruce N, chucksva, edpowers,

ScottAllyn, bdbb

See less See more
#6 ·
600M - Cinnaminson, NJ -- no palette -- one 4" hole in side of box -- manufacture date 01/09 -- flawless display so far

The distributor was Almo Corporation from Philadelphia, PA. The delivery company was New Penn, whose service center is in Cinnaminson, NJ.

#9 ·
KRP-600m. three big cracks. from ohio warehouse to pilot freight co, at JFK n.y. Box looked a little beat up, it was on a pallet. one man delivery (had to help him) wasnt strapped down in truck. talked to monitoroutlet late friday, told me all three of his warehouses are out of stock. expects them to come in to hauppauge n.y. next friday. i will most likely go get it from warehouse directly. i will be able to inspect screen at warehouse.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii /forum/post/16040587

updated original post with totals....thanks everyone and keep em coming.

Good idea.

It might have been better as a poll, it counts for you.

Can that be done after the fact?

- Rich

#13 ·
Thanks again everyone. Updated...

Creemail:

Dont know if a poll can be done after the fact, but I'll keep the totals in the original post updated as I see them come in. Also, I agree that the distributer could have got them damaged, but who knows really. This is an unusually high broken amount for sure and it sucks

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog03 /forum/post/16041364

Dang, what are these guys doing in either shipping or warehousing of these TV's. I guess the good news is parts will be plentiful at this rate.

All parts except glass...lol...but then again, if if only a handful of people have these puppies, theres not much need for parts

#16 ·
600M - from Columbus, Ohio - delivered by Pilot - strapped to wood pallet - box perfect - screen perfect - manufacture date 11/08

I feel bad to so many that have had bad luck with these. I'm hoping it was an isolated batch and that you'll be ok on the replacements.

Mine was delivered Tues. and I'm very happy so far. No dead pixels, minimal "dirty screen effect" (BIG improvement compared to the 6020 I returned which had terrible DSE).

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/16041011

Wow...

What is happening is that the the distributor could have received them damaged. However, I won't make that assumption. I believe they could damage during transit.

Chris

Yea I was trying to make an assumption as well but its impossible since all of these are coming from different disti's and shipping companies

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashJordan /forum/post/16041551

600M - from Columbus, Ohio - delivered by Pilot - strapped to wood pallet - box perfect - screen perfect - manufacture date 11/08

I feel bad to so many that have had bad luck with these. I'm hoping it was an isolated batch and that you'll be ok on the replacements.

Mine was delivered Tues. and I'm very happy so far. No dead pixels, minimal "dirty screen effect" (BIG improvement compared to the 6020 I returned which had terrible DSE).

Congrats on the good one. I am also hoping the replacements come in ok. No more of this BS.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashJordan /forum/post/16041551

Never heard of DSE before. I looked it up on the forum and ran a picture test . I could see a subtle effect, but only if I looked very closely. So it sounds like DSE isn't much of a problem any more. No dead pixels yet on my display either.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/16056883

Replacements will become harder and harder as days and months roll along. I won't be surprised to see if someone gets a 6020FD as a replacement.

Chris

If replacements like that happen, I better be seeing a 141FD

Much closer in spec to the 600M. But thats just my wishful thinking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.