Plasma for me! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I already own 3 panny plasmas, a 3 year old 42", a 1 1/2 year old 42", and a 4 month old 50" (all 720p)..... I have NEVER had any issue with any of my panasonic t.v.s which also include a 10 year old 60" rptv (s.d.) and an 11 year old 32" tau crt hdtv.(1080i 4:3)

I am getting ready to replace the 32" crt in a bedroom, and was going to buy an lcd (samsung a650 or sony xbr6) to replace it. Well forget about an lcd...... I was at a house today where the owner had just purchased a new sony xbr8 led lcd t.v. I started talking to him about my thoughts on purchasing a new lcd t.v. and he offered to let me check out his new xbr8.... if this is the pinnacle of lcd t.v. technology, how is it that plasma is dying out to this type of t.v. technology?

I will admit that the picture was RAZOR sharp on the set, but that was the only thing I liked about it. We watched s.d. (o.k.), comcast digital hd on espn (sportscenter looked nice) and finally a blu ray movie. The motion on the t.v. looked "strange" to me, but what really turned me off was the color on the set. He set it up on vivid,movie, and another setting, but no matter what he put it on all the skin tones were perfect, but the colors were all "washed out" and had no saturation to them.

If this is the "best" lcd on the market I think I will pass. I would not trade him straight up for my pro calibrated 50" $1k 720p panny plasma, the color and realistic motion on the plasma absolutely smokes this insanely expensive led lcd sony.

How in the world has lcd taken over the market share? I really wanted to like an lcd set and was going to buy one, but no more..... I am going to get a new 1080p higher end panny plasma and see what live sports are supposed to look like.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Wrong forum. This is the forum you are supposed to discuss the relative merits of one technology versus another.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

well I think your assessment is just about right......LCD just does not look right to me either,not to mention motion blur,less than desirable blacks,and flashlighting issues
when these types of televisions are compared all the LCD owners can say is "well you will get IR and burn on that plasma tv"they never want to talk about picture quality
post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs386 View Post

well I think your assessment is just about right......LCD just does not look right to me either,not to mention motion blur,less than desirable blacks,and flashlighting issues
when these types of televisions are compared all the LCD owners can say is "well you will get IR and burn on that plasma tv"they never want to talk about picture quality

I completely agee!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page