A Question about DLNA and various Firmware Releases
Since this appears to be "THE
" PN5XB650 thread...
My set is a PN50B650, which I've happily owned for over three years now. It's used every day, often for more than 15 hours at a time - and has no visible imperfections or damage. In all that time, I've been afraid to risk flashing it to a newer firmware revision without knowing what I might gain or lose in the process. (Samsung didn't include any "release notes" I could find with their firmware revisions)
I have other Samsung DLNA devices, and have seen their standard player/renderer evolve over time to include some features I would like to have, but which my set lacks.
My Present PN50B650 Firmware is: T-CHEAUSC-1011.0
Specific to DLNA Playback:
- Plays MKV files, but does not offer FF or REV (as it does in MP4 files)
- Tools playback menu does not include "Playing Time" a GoTo via Direct Time Entry method
- Some combinations of Audio (MP3?) do not work in AVI files
- Has difficulty playing MP4 files over a certain Size (~2.2GB?) and / or Longer than 128 minutes (Inconsistent)
- Only plays the first audio track of multi-track content - not selectable
- Tools | Picture Size | menu options are only Original or Fit (No "Stretch" modes 1 or 2 as in newer Samsung Renderers)
- Pause mode does not offer single-frame Step or Slow (or Reverse)
- Media Play screens offer old "Horizontal" list of content, not 8-title per page view (or 10) as in newer players
So if you have one of these same sets, and are running a different firmware
than I, please take a minute to comment about any differences you noticed, in particular those concerning playback of DLNA content.
Please be sure to include your Firmware revision and re-verify your set is a PN5XB650, not another earlier or later model.