Samsung PNXXB850 & PNXXB860 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 108 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3211 of 3219 Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having an issue with this tv. I've owned it for about 2 years and recently it started changing inputs and channels on its own. I'd like to see if disconnecting the front touch panel will fix the problem but I'm not sure how to do that. The red light on the front of the tv keeps flashing like I'm using the remote but still does it even when I take the batteries out of the remote. There seems to be a short in there somewhere. Does anyone know of a guide that shows how to disconnect this board? Or, is there a video or pictures I can look at to get an idea of which wire needs to be disconnected? Also, how much does it cost to have a mother board replaced when outside of warranty? Is it even worth my time or should I be considering a new tv at this point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3219 Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 34
It been almost 4 years since the B850/860 were released. Everything for the most part went 2d/3d proccessing the following years.
Read the whole thread on this series plasma and my question to owners of this plasma would be.

If you didnt care for 3D would you buy a brand new in box PN58B860 with ZERO hours from a Reputable and Authorized Samsung Dealer
for 1K free shipping included with 14 day money back return window. Talked to Samsung and yes they still would warrant this plasma for 1 year. And Samsung assured me the company selling is Authorized Seller.

Ive got some stuff
post #3213 of 3219 Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM

To answer your question, I absolutely love my 850. The picture quality is incredible and haven't really seen any better. It does buzz and I hate it when the volume is low. I sit 15 feet away from the tv and it is clearly audible. Other than the buzz, it's fantastic and not enough to warrant me to do anything about it.

All that being said, if were you, I would go for a newer model. You wouldn't be getting top of the line, but I think the tech in the mid lines is probably comparable or better to the top of the line from 3 years ago. I'm sure you could get close to the same price for something newer, particularly this time of year.
post #3214 of 3219 Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM

I have a Samsung PN58B860 and absolutely love it.

However, when I bought my new receiver, the receiver states that there are some tv's that have a hdmi control feature.

This tv wouldn't have that, would it?
post #3215 of 3219 Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM

Also, who or how can I get this bad boy calibrated?
post #3216 of 3219 Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galager View Post

To answer your question, I absolutely love my 850. The picture quality is incredible and haven't really seen any better. It does buzz and I hate it when the volume is low. I sit 15 feet away from the tv and it is clearly audible. Other than the buzz, it's fantastic and not enough to warrant me to do anything about it.

All that being said, if were you, I would go for a newer model. You wouldn't be getting top of the line, but I think the tech in the mid lines is probably comparable or better to the top of the line from 3 years ago. I'm sure you could get close to the same price for something newer, particularly this time of year.

Thanks for the reply. I was waiting on a video feed of the seller opening the box of the pn58b860. Bad news so to speak once he opened the box and pulled the cover off the display it was cracked. Big Bummer so on to something different. Was a good price to bad for the brocken screen.

Ive got some stuff
post #3217 of 3219 Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 AM

ANybody know if this tv has ARC? Pretty sure it doesn't, but thought I would ask.
post #3218 of 3219 Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galager View Post

ANybody know if this tv has ARC? Pretty sure it doesn't, but thought I would ask.

My 50B850 doesn't support ARC
post #3219 of 3219 Old 12-08-2013, 06:46 PM

I have been putting up with my TV changing inputs on its own for way too long. The red light on the front of the tv keeps flashing like I'm using the remote. I've found this to be temperature related (ie worse on hotter days). I put a computer case fan behind the vents of where the touch sensitive buttons are located and have found this to help (but by no means a permanent fix). The TV could go months without issues. Then all of a sudden it's unwatchable as nothing I do prevents it from switching sources repeatedly. I attempted to remove the back of the TV and disconnect the touch panel control board wire plug, but that prevented the TV from turning on since it also disables the IR receiver. I finally stumbled across a workaround.

To fix this, I disabled the front panel buttons from the hotel options in the service menu. The remote will still work, but the front buttons on the bezel will no longer function.

To Enter the Service Menu (SM):
Turn off TV
On the remote press
Power on

From the Service Menu:
Choose "Control" menu
Choose "Hotel Option"
Choose Hotel Mode "ON"
Choose PANEL BUTTON LOCK "Lock"

That's it! Easy! Now my TV does not randomly cycle through source inputs on its own. I can enjoy the amazing blacks and avoid buying another TV (that is until 4k goes mainstream).

Important note:
1) You can brick your TV in the Service Menu. Do not change anything beyond the above.
2) Your TV picture settings might be lost when entering the SM. You might want to write everything down before you enter the SM.

My model: PN58B860 - PN58B860Y2FXZA
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page