Originally Posted by ArborBarber
I'm not an owner, so please, please don't banned me or kill my post...
I was in BB the other day (Saturday) and I saw the Samsung PN50B850 Plasma and decided to get it for the livingroom, but I would first do some reviews before slapping down $2069.00. Well guess what? To my chagrin when I went back to BB today it was selling for $2299.00. Well now that just put my panties in a bunch! I'll buy it online and forget about paying the sales tax...em, maybe not...
1). The screen cracks easily?
2). The set buzzes?
Are you kidding? Come on! I am so disappointed with some of the things I am reading about this set. The Sammy looks awesome. I own a
Panny th50pz850u and thought the sammy had a better looking picture. I have the feeling I'll have to buy it from BB to insure that if I have an issue
I'll be able to take it back.
I have a some questions...
1. What is the difference between the pn50B850 and the pn50b860? One online vendor has the 860 as not having ethernet connectivity, but the 850 as having it? I went to Samsung's site and it states that all the 8 series plasmas don't have ethernet..? Does it or doesn't it?
2. Does the panel have a tendency to crack? I guess that would rule out getting it shipped to me huh? There are some really good prices out there for the PN50B850.
3. Buzzing? I remember buying a 30" LCD pc monitor from HP that buzzed loud enough that I returned it, but then again your face is like 3 feet away from it. Does this set really buzz that loud? Can you hear it from 10 feet?
4. If you were to buy one of these sammys what model would you buy? Is there one that has a newer production date. Is the 860 a newer model than the 850? Is the PS a newer model than the PN?
Thanks for any help!
First of all you really need to realize this forum is mostly a bitchfest.
Therefore you will read about worst case scenarios not best case here.
1. Download the owners manual and do some READING. I have and it has a LAN connection. And you can get the Samsung wireless adapter that plugs into one of 2 USB ports.
2. All of these units are shipped via truck and it really depends on how the company handles the display...there really haven't been a plethora of complaints about this. Glass can get broken in shipment if handled poorly...applies to all brands.
3. Everyone's hearing is different and everyone is more sensitive to something than someone else. My hearing is the worst. But I have seen 3 different 860s in different stores. I have no issue with buzzing or heat and neither does my 21 year old son.
4. After 6 bad A650 screens (pink issue and they are refunding me) I'm sticking with Samsung because of the picture and value. I can get a 58" b860 now for so much less than my a650 hat I bought about a year ago, that I can pocket a large sum of money. I'm not worried about buzzing at all. The 850 (if you have read here in this thread) supposedly doesn't have Cinema Smooth and the 860 does and there may be some other differences. There is a debate about that. Never heard of a PS model...overseas designation?
I was a newb too.
So get a beer or a cup of tea or something on the rocks sit your ass down and read the posts about the product(s) you are interested in and learn.
Don't base your decision on everything you read here....opinions are like ***holes everyone has them but there are some here that are professionals, IE sponsors and calibrators...I would pay attention to them to a degree. Purchase what you like...it's the PICTURE that pleases. Oh and then there is your wallet.
If these issues worry you get the Panasonic V10....