Panny th-50pz85u 10 blink trouble - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-14-2009, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We bought the Panny about 14 months ago. It has been beautiful until about 1 month ago. It would occasionally fail to come on when either the remote or power button were used to "power up". If the unit was unplugged and left off for a few minutes and then plugged in again it would come on OK. This happened several times and then we left for a couple of weeks. When we came back the TV would not power up at all. We called Panasonic and were given the local authorized service providers name & number. They came out and looked the thing over and declared the "main power board" was bad. They ordered a new board and we waited, and we waited, and we waited some more. They never did find a board and we finally cancelled the order. We did learn the part number for the board (ETX2MM704MGL) and I was able to find and purchase it in about 1 hour. Received it last Friday and installed it today (simple unbolt, remove, place and rebolt). This has resulted in absolutely NO improvement.

What have I done wrong? Lets consider the possibilities:
- the power board is not the problem (I have read here that it might be the video board)
- the new power board is also faulty (not likely)
- I am failing to do something after installing the new board that is necessary (if so, please tell me what to do!!!)
- I should stick to my chosen career and leave the technical work to the professionals (who said the power board was bad!!@#*&^%)

Your insight and help is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Did you check all the ribbon wire conections when you had the back off? A loose connector can cause the same symotoms as a bad board.

Larry
post #3 of 5 Old 06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Try disconnecting (HDMI, comp cables,etc..) all components from the unit and power cord. Then reconnect power cord only, turn the set on and see if it would come on.
Did you purchase an extend warranty?
post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2010, 10:16 AM

I didn't see if you figured out what the problem was. I'm facing the same problem. Repair shop says it will cost $601.48 to repair this problem I'm thinking about doing it myself. If anyone has any links to a step by step that would be helpful.

Also does anyone know where I can buy this part because its nowhere to be found. Part # ETX2MM704MGL
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 08:12 PM

I found a company that has used power supplies, they sell them for $60.00. I just got mine today and I just noticed that they recommend that a professional install the board because the voltage needs to be adjusted after the install or you could damage something else. There web address is plasmafix.com.

There was another posting from someone that replaced their own power supply, he had a technicians repair manual. Good Luck let me know if you find out how to replace the board.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page