Help please. Wii/Component video/Panny plasma problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would appreciate some help. I have a 7th generation Panasonic plasma and the combination of using a Wii with the component blade is giving me a hard time.

I can hook the Wii up on the VGA input using a VGA to component adapter with no issue. I can set the Wii to 480P and 16:9 and it works fine (except no audio, obviously).

If I hook up a DVD player using to the component blade it works without a problem. If I hook up the Wii to the component input all I get is sound and the display says "no signal".

I've tried setting the Wii back to 480i but no luck. I know it's not the cable since it works fine on the VGA input.

Anybody out there have any ideas on what could be giving me this problem?

The display is the pro model and I finally bought the speakers for it so it would be nice if my kid didn't have to fire up the amp, preamp and drive all the audio gear just to play the Wii. If I have to go back to the VGA input then I will have to use external audio, which I really didn't want to do.

Thanks for your time.
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2009, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I happen to have a Wii plugged into my 7th generation commercial plasma via component.

The only things I can think of are to make sure you have the component cables plugged into the proper plugs. I don't recall the order but I know it is not the same as they are arranged on the Wii cable. The other thing to check is in the "Setup" menu for that input, make sure you have the input type set to "Component" rather than "RGB".

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-05-2009, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

When I was using it for my DVD player I was using a blue jeans component cable plugged into 3 bnc-to-rca adapters and they were a tight fit. I noticed that the Wii component cable plugged into the bnc adapters are a loose fit, so maybe thats my issue. I'll check..thanks for the reply.

-David
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page