Pioneer authorized online dealers (including plasma) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2009, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pioneer deleted the plasma dealers from its online list. I saved the attached .zip file back on May 5, 2009. I am posting this in case any buyers ever need to prove their dealer was authorized for warranty service.

Do not post questions about price in this thread or it will get locked.

Pioneer Online Authorized Dealers.zip 76.5458984375k . file

KRP diem [kahr-pe dee-em] Latin. seize the KRP; enjoy the present, as opposed to placing all hope in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (W)KRP View Post

Pioneer deleted the plasma dealers from its online list. I saved the attached .zip file back on May 5, 2009. I am posting this in case any buyers ever need to prove their dealer was authorized for warranty service.

Thank you (W)KRP for publishing this list. FWIW, I think B&H Photo was also on an earlier version of the Pioneer authorized dealer list as per this link.

In late June, I ordered a KRP500M and 600M monitor from an authorized Pioneer dealer when they were still listed on Pioneer's website for authorized dealers. I received the KRP monitors on July 1st and registered them through the Pioneer website on July 2nd with no problem. During the product registration I also happened to notice that this particular dealer was no longer listed as an authorized dealer. I also noticed that at least six other dealers were no longer listed as authorized dealers. It seems that Pioneer is only listing the very large dealers on their website today.

I think many prospective buyers of Pioneer plasmas (or any Pioneer product) are now wondering if they can purchase products with a Pioneer warranty from the dealers who were originally listed as authorized dealers but no longer appear on the Pioneer website list. If they purchase from these dealers, will Pioneer still honor the product warranty? If they pre-ordered a plasma in June but do not receive a shipment until later in July or August, will Pioneer still honor the product warranty? I would recommend that the prospective buyer check with both the dealer and Pioneer to verify their status as an authorized dealer.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 04:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Their online listing for dealers was never a complete and absolute listing of all the authorized Pioneer plasma dealers, or for any of the other products that Pioneer offers. They often, and still do, left out a lot legit authorized dealers from being listed online. This is not something that is unique to Pioneer either, many other manufactures have online listing of authorized dealers that is often times far from being anywhere near a complete list.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

You are 100% right Johnla, though the peace of mind prospective purchasers have should be rooted in doing complete due diligence from the company they are buying from. It is not too difficult to verify so some that tell you they are a dealer may really be one, though many may not. It is frustrating as a lot of consumers are made to be confused when the Manufacturers will not identify the sellers they have through the distribution channels- this all goes back to $$$, they would not be smart to list a small company who buys a minimal amount per year with a large company who moves significant amounts per year.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page