The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II - Page 237 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
post #7081 of 7095 Old 02-15-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
By "patch"... do you mean the ISF modes activation "patch" or the black level "patch"?
Just getting back into the game.. I am gearing up to recalibrate my VT50 and 500m, but before doing so I caught this post. Is there a black level patch or are you referring to the voltage tweaks?

My 500m is just starting to exhibit the red tint and I am curious if I need to reset my panel or if I can just tweak the voltage and not reset the panel

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7082 of 7095 Old 02-16-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady3324 View Post
Just getting back into the game.. I am gearing up to recalibrate my VT50 and 500m, but before doing so I caught this post. Is there a black level patch or are you referring to the voltage tweaks?

My 500m is just starting to exhibit the red tint and I am curious if I need to reset my panel or if I can just tweak the voltage and not reset the panel
Yes it's the voltage tweaks. For some reason, some people call it a patch, even though, by definition, modifying voltage offsets is not actually a patch.
jbrady3324 likes this.
post #7083 of 7095 Old 03-25-2015, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, to all i have not posted here before But I was wondering if anybody could Please help me I have a Pioneer KRP 600 M plasma TV and I wanted to know if someone Can Tel Me where to get the side speakers for it I believe this is the part number Pioneer KRP S02 any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Pioneer KRP-600M, OPPO BD 93 Blu-Ray, DRICTV HR 23, APPLE TV 160 GB HD, Mcintosh MC207 AMP, KRELL foundation surround processor, Dynaudio Confidence C1 II , Dynaudio Confidence Center II , Martin Logan Descent i Sub, Straightwire OCTAVE II Speaker Cable
post #7084 of 7095 Old 03-27-2015, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-Man View Post
Hi, to all i have not posted here before But I was wondering if anybody could Please help me I have a Pioneer KRP 600 M plasma TV and I wanted to know if someone Can Tel Me where to get the side speakers for it I believe this is the part number Pioneer KRP S02 any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Best bet is eBay, but the side speakers for the 500M and 600M are the hardest ones to find. I recently bought a brand new set for my 500M on eBay.
post #7085 of 7095 Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
hopefully i'll be a 500m owner tomorrow. what do i expect to gain or lose when compared to my now broken 111fd? will the speakers from my 111 fit on the 500?
post #7086 of 7095 Old 03-28-2015, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
NO ANSI, black screen (MLL)

invia immagini
post #7087 of 7095 Old 04-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So how many hours are these panels good for? I just hooked a network cable to my KRP-500m for the first time. Here are the results.

Set Status
Usage time : 023850 hours
Service code : -05M 02A-02A 01U-01U G9_50F_2
Power status : ON
Power count : 04053
INPUT : INPUT5
Signal : 1080I 60.0
Temperature : Temp1 ... *** Temp2 ... 031
: Temp3 ... 026 Panel ... 042
Failure code SD/PD :
: 1st ... 2nd ... H M

Almost 24000 hours. I did the math, that averages to 11+ hours a day since the day I bought it. Yes, I'm a heavy user.

It still looks great and I've only recently noticed a slight darkening of the picture. I'm wondering if it's worth it to have it calibrated. I'm willing to spend the money on it if there's another 10000 hours in it. What do you folks think?
post #7088 of 7095 Old 04-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce N View Post
So how many hours are these panels good for? I just hooked a network cable to my KRP-500m for the first time. Here are the results.

Set Status
Usage time : 023850 hours
Service code : -05M 02A-02A 01U-01U G9_50F_2
Power status : ON
Power count : 04053
INPUT : INPUT5
Signal : 1080I 60.0
Temperature : Temp1 ... *** Temp2 ... 031
: Temp3 ... 026 Panel ... 042
Failure code SD/PD :
: 1st ... 2nd ... H M

Almost 24000 hours. I did the math, that averages to 11+ hours a day since the day I bought it. Yes, I'm a heavy user.

It still looks great and I've only recently noticed a slight darkening of the picture. I'm wondering if it's worth it to have it calibrated. I'm willing to spend the money on it if there's another 10000 hours in it. What do you folks think?
plenty of life left yet,get it calibrated

post #7089 of 7095 Old 04-10-2015, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschetech View Post
hopefully i'll be a 500m owner tomorrow. what do i expect to gain or lose when compared to my now broken 111fd? will the speakers from my 111 fit on the 500?
Did you end up getting the 500m?
post #7090 of 7095 Old 04-10-2015, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Did you end up getting the 500m?
yes I did thanks. Its pretty sweet!!!!!!
post #7091 of 7095 Unread Yesterday, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Where did my blacks go?

I have a KRP-600M I purchased new in November 2009. Within a few months of purchase, I enabled the ISF day, night, and auto modes (with RS232 cable). I've never had the set professionally calibrated.

In the last several months, I have noticed that my blacks are nowhere near as black as they used to be. In the ISF modes, black used to blend right into the TV bezel, with really no perceptible light emission even when the room was dark. Now, my blacks are dark gray at best -- really a huge difference, not subtle at all. My best mode now seems to be "Optimum", with all other modes (including the ISF modes) having much brighter blacks than before.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong or how to fix it?

It almost seems like a signal problem, as the black of the TV's menu backgrounds still looks good. But I've tried different HDMI sources and they all exhibit this problem.
post #7092 of 7095 Unread Yesterday, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinsley View Post
I have a KRP-600M I purchased new in November 2009. Within a few months of purchase, I enabled the ISF day, night, and auto modes (with RS232 cable). I've never had the set professionally calibrated.

In the last several months, I have noticed that my blacks are nowhere near as black as they used to be. In the ISF modes, black used to blend right into the TV bezel, with really no perceptible light emission even when the room was dark. Now, my blacks are dark gray at best -- really a huge difference, not subtle at all. My best mode now seems to be "Optimum", with all other modes (including the ISF modes) having much brighter blacks than before.

It almost seems like a signal problem, as the black of the TV's menu backgrounds still looks good. But I've tried different HDMI sources and they all exhibit this problem.

Have you tried adjusting down the 'Brightness', i.e. the black level, control?
post #7093 of 7095 Unread Yesterday, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Not to be difficult but the KRP panel is easily visible when feed black in a dark room with dark adapted eyes (this is also true of the even better KRP-500M). The output is wonderfully low but it's not zero.

That said the most likely problem is an inadvertent configuration change and the next most likely is a color space error.

Have you read the FAQ?

Last edited by bodosom; Yesterday at 12:29 PM.
post #7094 of 7095 Unread Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
It almost seems like a signal problem, as the black of the TV's menu backgrounds still looks good.
does the blacks dim down when you feed it with an videosignal?
if not its definitely a signal problem.

try with a new HDMI cable

also check videolevels so that they are not set to Full RGB
that will washout the blacks.
you should use RGB Limited.

Main Display - Reseted Pioneer KRP-500M (UK Build)
Previous Display - LG 880W OLED

Last edited by all clear; Yesterday at 11:38 AM.
post #7095 of 7095 Unread Today, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
also check videolevels so that they are not set to Full RGB
that will washout the blacks.
you should use RGB Limited.
I think this is it. I had the video input set to AUTO, which has always worked fine before. But manually setting it to 16-235) gets my inky blacks back. I don't think it's clipping at the ends, but I'm not sure I trust my eyes.

Quote:
Have you read the FAQ?
Not for a long time, but I've just reread it. Thanks -- so much great information in here!

Quote:
Not to be difficult but the KRP panel is easily visible when feed black in a dark room with dark adapted eyes (this is also true of the even better KRP-500M). The output is wonderfully low but it's not zero.
Agreed. I was just trying to convey how non-subtle a problem this was.

Quote:
Have you tried adjusting down the 'Brightness', i.e. the black level, control?
This works for me in the regular modes, but in the ISF modes all the picture controls (like brightness) are grayed out.

Thanks for the help, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page