The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II - Page 53 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Whoa! 46ftL on a 600M with no major clipping observed! That's more like it!

Thanks elite-home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

No.

I just found a picture of the TS-02 stand and it differs from the TS-23 stand. The larger holes on the TS-02 stand are in the back, while the larger holes on the TS-23 which I have are in the front. Are you sure that I cant put the 500M on the stand facing either way with the TS-23?

http://www.pioneer.eu/images/product...main_large.jpg TS-02

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260462163093 TS-23
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

I just found a picture of the TS-02 stand and it differs from the TS-23 stand.

I'm prone to giving short answers to questions that are answered via the FAQ. If you click on the TS02/TS23 links you should notice that they look dramatically different. The TS02 goes in the stand pockets and uses the stand mount point and the lower wall mounting point. The TS23 mounts on the back of the panel and uses the lower and middle wall mount points. While you could get longer M8 bolts and mount the TS23 "backwards" it wouldn't engage properly and more importantly the panel would immediately fall over unless it was anchored by the upper wall mount points.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Are you sure that I cant put the 500M on the stand facing either way with the TS-23?

In addition to the issue with the holes, when correctly installed the legs are set 2/3 of the way back on the TS23 bottom, and it is perfectly balanced. I bet that if you reversed the stand you'd throw the balance off and your 500M would fall over on its face with not much more than a nudge.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p59teitel View Post

In addition to the issue with the holes, when correctly installed the legs are set 2/3 of the way back on the TS23 bottom, and it is perfectly balanced. I bet that if you reversed the stand you'd throw the balance off and your 500M would fall over on its face with not much more than a nudge.

Will the TS23 work on a 101?

Looking at the FAQ Yes it will
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 AM

Liked: 10
Can I mount the 500m on a TV stand with Universal TV mounting bracket ( VESA 200 mm x 400 mm compatible) ? And where is the Pioneer 500m manufactured? I want to buy it in the States and bring it down to Canada but do not want to pay duties.

Can somebody elaborate the PQ on the 500m with 420P SD material and normal DVD watching?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 AM

I'm just posting because I am now an offical owner of a KRP-500M!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post

Congratulations.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

Can somebody elaborate the PQ on the 500m with 420P SD material and normal DVD watching?

I assume you mean 480p (or 480i) material.

DVDs can look spectacular, especially if they were transferred well and are played in a superior player like an Oppo.

As for broadcast material, it's a mixed bag depending on the quality of the material provided - some looks pretty good, and some looks quite poor.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

Can I mount the 500m on a TV stand with Universal TV mounting bracket ( VESA 200 mm x 400 mm compatible) ? And where is the Pioneer 500m manufactured? I want to buy it in the States and bring it down to Canada but do not want to pay duties.....

the panel is from Japan and other parts are all shipped to California for the US models. On the box it says assembled in the USA.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
Old 09-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post

Nice! Sept 19th I take delivery. Just got to make sure my girlfriend is away for a few hours. For some reason she doesn't understand the concept of buying a new TV every six months.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post

Nice! Sept 19th I take delivery. Just got to make sure my girlfriend is away for a few hours. For some reason she doesn't understand the concept of buying a new TV every six months.

Does shipping usually take that long?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrted46 View Post

Does shipping usually take that long?

The reason I'm waiting so long is that V.E. is shipping to several customers in my area on that day.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The reason I'm waiting so long is that V.E. is shipping to several customers in my area on that day.

Where did you buy from?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallows View Post

Where did you buy from?

Value Electronics

Old 09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Value Electronics

Is he shipping these? Is it a 500M? Robert told me he was not shipping any 600M's.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

500M shipped.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Has anyone with a buzzer tried patching/calibrating the ISF modes in Energy Save 2?

I'm assuming that if you did this, you wouldn't be able to hit the 50+ ftl range in ISF Day?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

I'm prone to giving short answers to questions that are answered via the FAQ. If you click on the TS02/TS23 links you should notice that they look dramatically different. The TS02 goes in the stand pockets and uses the stand mount point and the lower wall mounting point. The TS23 mounts on the back of the panel and uses the lower and middle wall mount points. While you could get longer M8 bolts and mount the TS23 "backwards" it wouldn't engage properly and more importantly the panel would immediately fall over unless it was anchored by the upper wall mount points.

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense now. I hadn't see anywhere before where it was said the TS23 mounts on the back not in the standard holes like the TS02. Sorry if I missed that in my search.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

Has anyone with a buzzer tried patching/calibrating the ISF modes in Energy Save 2?

I'm assuming that if you did this, you wouldn't be able to hit the 50+ ftl range in ISF Day?

In addition to peak light output, I think there is an issue with obtaining a flat gamma curve (or some other aspect of picture quality) and using Energy Save 2. I believe that is why most sets are calibrated to Energy Save Off/Standard.

Someone please elaborate or correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your panels
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-home View Post

Disclaimer: I have tried very hard to maintain consistency in both my opinions and my postings and at times the written word does not tend to offer the best clarification of a statement and/or comment. I write this because:

Last night I had D-Nice over to my home and after some last minute adjustments, Turbe worked over time to help us upgrade my panels to the highest possible settings available (P-ISF?). The results were jaw-dropping an ah inspiring for me and even my wife. The calibration upgrade of the 500m and 600m were absolutely the best investment I have made ever since I made the purchase of them several months ago.

We tend to give credence to "professionals" whom try hard to impress their opinion on others and in turn sometimes they do so for personal gain and/or competitive degrading. I am guilty of stepping outside my comfort and believing information provided to me when in reality I should have simply stuck with my gut and believe the experts I invited to my home- in addition to my own eyes.

The upgrade of the 600m was first and the results were amazing as the POP on the screen was completely noticeable on both the Day and Night settings... I have always been leery of the benefits of any upgrade- NO LONGER. I can not wait to leave work early and get some viewing time in with my family, even my wife called today to tell me she saw a huge difference in the day settings over the previous Pure.

D-Nice arrived around 8pm and finished the 600 by around 10:30pm or so. I then watched parts of Underworld, Cars, WALL-E, and then I watched all of Underworld: Evolution while he worked on the 500, the pop and the sizzle of the 600 picture made me feel like I was watching it for the first time (after watching it over 200 times minimum), my wife and I are vamp fans and Underworld is our all-time fave.

The 500m he finished around 1am and we moved it back into my MBR and once D left and I grabbed a snack and got ready for bed, I popped in Evolution once more to compare after watching it on the 600 and low and behold I didn't go to bed until after 2am because the 500 was so beautiful and inspiring that I now BELIEVE the panel is and always will be the one panel who rules them ALL- Hands down. Right it down, document it, I will sign a waiver stating I was WRONG WRONG WRONG... the 500m is and was the best of the best. The black was phenomenal and simply breath-taking. I can't gush enough... sorry for strangling the forum but I wanted to express my thoughts about the upgrade, D-Nice, Turbe and the experience in general- rest assured I have no regrets except questioning those whom know these panels better than anyone. Bravo to each of you.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I guess you could try Monitor Outlet, though it's a matter of debate as to whether they are an "authorized" dealer or not--or if that even really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post

best buy pcs also is selling the 600m at a good price, and they're pretty reputable.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 PM

forget my post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by miky702 View Post

forget my post

If you have a post that you want to forget just use the "edit" button associated with it and click "delete".
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 AM

Liked: 16
Maybe I oughta hire D-Nice to calibrate my 500M so I can see what all the hubbub is about...
Old 09-03-2009, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just inspected the glass on my 600M an hour ago. Since my place is not ready for another month, could only check that then left it at the store.

On my box it says MFG - June2009...

Sigh, another month before I can fire up this baby...
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 AM

How big of a difference does it make if a calibration is not performed in the exact environment where the panel will be used?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyster View Post

How big of a difference does it make if a calibration is not performed in the exact environment where the panel will be used?

I was wondering the same thing. It'd be awfully annoying to have my set calibrated, move to a new place a few months later, then have to pay a few hundred again to get it re-calibrated.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARQMAGE View Post

Maybe I oughta hire D-Nice to calibrate my 500M so I can see what all the hubbub is about...

+1... you won't regret it- I promise.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyster View Post

Great question- some will tell you there is a slight difference but I would think the biggest challenge would be if you were taking it from a very bright environment to a very muted environment is really where a difference would be notated, however with both the Day and Night settings you would probably find this not to be too big of an issue. If you are talking a Pure only calibration then I also feel the biggest difference may simply be an adjustment in brightness/contrast at best.

You may want to communicate with your calibrator your intentions to move and if you are lucky enough to know what environment you are moving to in comparison to from you could find they may be able to future proof it for you, or even recalibrate at a discount perhaps.